Harassment, Trolling, Sexual Attacks and ERP

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 13 Next
09/04/2014 09:49 AMPosted by Cocoa
09/04/2014 09:47 AMPosted by Shizimiru

again, they should place a 18+ on it then they cant advertise 13+ if not ALL realms are good to go on, a new player is 13-14 they log on, they like the name moon guard, they clock and go there, then attacked, sorry man, there shouldnt be even just one realm allowed to be this way.. something NEEDS to be done ether make the game 18+ OR fix the issue not sit on there !@# and watch as kids have sex for gold

No, you need to raise your kids and quit thinking this game is a babysitter.

you need to learn to read and learn what is actually said before you post, i have no kids, and this game is rated 13 + now 18+ like you feel, try not to make to much drama now~
<span class="truncated">...</span>

i can see im one the very few who actually care

All I'm seeing at this point is a troll.

09/04/2014 09:42 AMPosted by Bellexia
A lot of blame the victim crap here. I don't believe there needs to be player mods but blizzard really does need to step up their game on moderation, ESPECIALLY for this stuff.

The problem is that people claim they are oh so offended by what they see in Goldshire on MG, but they don't report. They think it's everyone else's responsibility.

If you use the tools provided, let Blizzard do their job, that place would be cleaned up eventually.

I don't disagree. Part of my thing though is I do report when I see it but I also actively avoid those places. Especially when my friends invite me to moonguard through groups. Well I would have to avoid um Silvermoon? I think I don't know. Erp doesn't bother me so much but when people get sick about it and do it outside of whispers it's annoying. Some people need to learn. NO means NO. If I don't want to erp, stop going on with it.

I am going to say this. If a person, does not understand what no means no is then please just get help.
I can't believe you still think the ESRB rating has anything to do with online content.
Yet one more reason for wanting an ignore account option.
I think a better solution would be some 17-18+ realms that only allow reports on hacks and such, then realms for younger players so that they can play and have higher chatting restrictions while everyone who is capable of dealing with it themselves can just play on a different realm.
09/04/2014 09:52 AMPosted by Ysha

Cosigned.
Im just done talking here, yall have your flame wars and feed from eachothers drama i guess, i put this here due to being asked, so have a nice time setting fire to the thread, im done replying. GL and maybe see the light in something not always the dark.. there ARE good people out there, just learn to find them and learn to see the GOOD in something not always bad.. being negative all the time makes you a very cold and heartless person.. SMILE AND BE HAPPY! bye yall~
09/04/2014 09:53 AMPosted by Trystero
09/04/2014 09:52 AMPosted by Ysha

Cosigned.

That too lol.
09/04/2014 09:44 AMPosted by Kleon
Child + Moonguard = Terrible Idea

Knowing full well what goes on there, you still put them in that situation. Bad decision making? I think so.

again, they should place a 18+ on it then they cant advertise 13+ if not ALL realms are good to go on, a new player is 13-14 they log on, they like the name moon guard, they clock and go there, then attacked, sorry man, there shouldnt be even just one realm allowed to be this way.. something NEEDS to be done ether make the game 18+ OR fix the issue not sit on there !@# and watch as kids have sex for gold

So while they don't have this, experienced players like yourself should have the common sense to not expose children to the likes of your server, especially in the Human starting zone.

What other places do you take your children where they shouldn't belong, but since its not against the rules you take them there, and then get offended if they see/hear something they shouldn't?
09/04/2014 09:50 AMPosted by Shizimiru
No, you need to raise your kids and quit thinking this game is a babysitter.

you need to learn to read and learn what is actually said before you post, i have no kids, and this game is rated 13 + now 18+ like you feel, try not to make to much drama now~

The game is rated exactly how the law allows. No one can control what a player says to another player.

With that in mind, if you allow a child to play this game, you need to take responsibility. If you don't want them to interact with strangers (the smart choice) turn chat off.

This game is not a baby sitter. Blizzard can't make it a safe internet chat room for your children. You need to take responsibility for all internet activity for a child in your care.
09/04/2014 09:44 AMPosted by Kleon
Child + Moonguard = Terrible Idea

Knowing full well what goes on there, you still put them in that situation. Bad decision making? I think so.

If the 13 year old in question has the ability to play the game, surely you can teach him how to report, ignore or otherwise not engage with people who say and do things to him that scare him or make him uncomfortable? Isn't that a life skill?

Edited for clarity.
09/04/2014 09:54 AMPosted by Shizimiru
Im just done talking here, yall have your flame wars and feed from eachothers drama i guess, i put this here due to being asked, so have a nice time setting fire to the thread, im done replying. GL and maybe see the light in something not always the dark.. there ARE good people out there, just learn to find them and learn to see the GOOD in something not always bad.. being negative all the time makes you a very cold and heartless person.. SMILE AND BE HAPPY! bye yall~

Boo hoo. Your terrible idea wasn't met with the accolades you laughably assumed it would be, so now you're upset.

Sorry you wasted your time. Try and think things through before posting next time.
09/04/2014 09:53 AMPosted by Worgenofdeth
I think a better solution would be some 17-18+ realms that only allow reports on hacks and such, then realms for younger players so that they can play and have higher chatting restrictions while everyone who is capable of dealing with it themselves can just play on a different realm.

Exactly how would this be enforceable? You're not even allowed to make an account if your a minor.
I'm hung up on one thing here. Let's say I'm a mod. I'm dorking around out there, and you run up to me and say "The player named Blah just whispered profanity to a 13 year old boy." What.... I mean, ok? I'm not saying that is something that everyone should just overlook, but as a mod, am I going to be able to get in and see all the whispers people are sending? How would I know? I could go by what you said happened, but you could have just gotten beaten by Blah in a duel and you're mad at him. I definitely couldn't just go by what you said.
09/04/2014 09:56 AMPosted by Trystero
09/04/2014 09:54 AMPosted by Shizimiru

Boo hoo. Your terrible idea wasn't met with the accolades you laughably assumed it would be, so now you're upset.

Sorry you wasted your time. Try and think things through before posting next time.

no, i was told it would be met like this, its here for ref to the devs like i was told. i knew and so did the GM that the public would QQ over it, and again, people like you is why this idea comes up, troll on troll on~ night :3
09/04/2014 09:40 AMPosted by Florence
and whoever wants to QQ over it

QQ over what? Your opinion? Blizz isn't likely to change it to 18+ only. Ever. And even if they did kids would still find a way in.
09/04/2014 09:58 AMPosted by Cassabea
I'm hung up on one thing here. Let's say I'm a mod. I'm dorking around out there, and you run up to me and say "The player named Blah just whispered profanity to a 13 year old boy." What.... I mean, ok? I'm not saying that is something that everyone should just overlook, but as a mod, am I going to be able to get in and see all the whispers people are sending? How would I know? I could go by what you said happened, but you could have just gotten beaten by Blah in a duel and you're mad at him. I definitely couldn't just go by what you said.

thats for GM's to handle due to it isnt in live chat and nothing you can do, mind you, a mod is only a player who can help make things better you cant help with whispers, mails, or anything you cant clearly see. AFK i need to sleep, work in a few, bye~
Look, I have the right to get really drunk and wear my skimpiest outfit to walk through the worst part of town at 2 am. If I get attacked, the person who attacks me is the one at fault for sure.

That does not change the fact that if i had used common sense, i could have avoided a traumatic experience. What your rights are is not the same thing as using common sense and doing the right thing for yourself.

you can leave expensive items in plain view in your unlocked car in a mall parking lot. You have that right. Doesn't change the fact that if you had used common sense, your items would not be stolen.

You also have the right to let a child in your care roll a toon on moonguard and hang out in goldshire... but try using common sense.
09/04/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Zirconia
09/04/2014 09:40 AMPosted by Florence
and whoever wants to QQ over it

QQ over what? Your opinion? Blizz isn't likely to change it to 18+ only. Ever. And even if they did kids would still find a way in.

Hey, I never said that! Something happened to where it misquoted. I would never use that utterly stupid term "QQ."

DOWNVOTE ALL YOU WANT, I never said that garbage. Fix your quote.