Healers not Rezzing

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
~
Stop taking dirt naps and they won't need to tell you to walk back.
Healer Specs (all with a rez): 6

DPS Specs with a rez: 7

Tank Specs with a rez: 3

Other people with a rez: ANYONE in a lvl 25 guild

People other than you who have a responsibility to rez you: 0
08/30/2014 08:23 AMPosted by Macphisto
If you can't use vanish, cloak of shadow, feint or evasion properly, why should I rez you?

Lazy people will be lazy I guess.

1 empty glyph slot
7 unenchanted items
3 empty sockets in 3 items
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle

Melee

Hit+4.81%
Expertise4.78%/4.78%

you are assuming he knows anything
I don't mind rezzing after trash and you got caught in the cross fire. It's when the group wipes and someone is yelling rez me. I have to walk back to rez you. You could just walk in with me.
I usually miss rezzes because I run back out of reflex.
I will rez you in a raid trash, sure.

But, if the whole group wipes on a boss or anything really that makes the whole group release and run back in, i walk, you walk.
09/05/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Barfus
08/30/2014 08:23 AMPosted by Macphisto
If you can't use vanish, cloak of shadow, feint or evasion properly, why should I rez you?

Lazy people will be lazy I guess.

1 empty glyph slot
7 unenchanted items

Melee

Hit+4.81%
Expertise4.78%/4.78%

You left out dat 320 dodge gem in the helm.....
09/09/2014 04:54 PMPosted by Razghùl
09/05/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Barfus

1 empty glyph slot
7 unenchanted items

Melee

Hit+4.81%
Expertise4.78%/4.78%

You left out dat 320 dodge gem in the helm.....

tbh i wasn't even trying hard. i didn't even check gems.... but.. groan..
08/30/2014 12:39 PMPosted by Laminated
I usually res. But... I have one simple rule. If I walk, you walk. That's all.

This is my rule on all of my healers. This is also my rule on my engineers. This is also my rule on any non-healer, non-engineer characters who have mass rez.

If you're so lazy that you're waiting for the rest of the group to release, run back in, THEN rez your sorry behind, you're not worth it.

If you're a rogue vanish. Our raids rogue almost never dies and is almost always the one to mass rez.
08/30/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Postonforums
I suggest you run from The entrance of AQ40 to The Twin Emperor's room (pre-teleport and before your entire raid had mounts), and realize how good you have it now.

And that's still better than it was back in the day. Remember when the only graveyard was back in Cenarion Hold and not right outside the gates like it is now?
I still remember the hordes of pre-60 Paladins who had forgotten to do the quest to learn Redemption.
I'll rez anybody no matter if they are lazy or not. Know why? Because I'm not a lazy healer. We have rezes for a reason and that reason is to actually rez people. Heck I'll even mass rez if needed. It's called being a team player and helps the raid out a lot. Even on thok I'm the first person there to rez everybody. So please healers stop being so egotistic and help out the group.
09/11/2014 08:16 AMPosted by Swiftyshaman
It's called being a team player and helps the raid out a lot.

You know what else helps the raid out a lot? Using personals not to die to survivable raid damage. Getting up when it's clear that everyone will need to get up and run back in also helps the raid. Laying on the ground and saying "rez" is not helping the raid. This is rarely a problem on organized raid teams.

The people choosing not to release are, very often, the same people that didn't take the lock rocks, didn't use the lock rocks, use none of their damage reduction CDs, don't switch off Nazgrim, etc. Having a rez button doesn't obligate me to have to get up and run back in while everyone else takes a bio/beer break after wipes except for my raid group where someone might say "don't get up, I'm running back in to mass rez."

Continuing to coddle those people is why they keep doing it.
OP: As others have stated, if you expect to be taken serious instead of just a whiner, then at least put int the effort to gem and enchant.

Next, if you think that people should always rez, then why don't you create a healer and do said rezzes? On my healer. I will rez people if the fight is going smooth and not taking forever. When I see fights last waaaay longer than should, it tells me that the DPS is not doing their job.

The thing that makes me soooo mad is when the tanks and healers are doing their job and keeping the raid alive and the DPS is taking forever to kill something. The tanks are holding aggro and the healers are keeping people alive and yet we are going through our rotations way more than should be happening. If you can't kill something then why should we waste our time trying to keep you alive?
09/11/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Caigo
09/11/2014 08:16 AMPosted by Swiftyshaman
It's called being a team player and helps the raid out a lot.

You know what else helps the raid out a lot? Using personals not to die to survivable raid damage. Getting up when it's clear that everyone will need to get up and run back in also helps the raid. Laying on the ground and saying "rez" is not helping the raid. This is rarely a problem on organized raid teams.

The people choosing not to release are, very often, the same people that didn't take the lock rocks, didn't use the lock rocks, use none of their damage reduction CDs, don't switch off Nazgrim, etc. Having a rez button doesn't obligate me to have to get up and run back in while everyone else takes a bio/beer break after wipes except for my raid group where someone might say "don't get up, I'm running back in to mass rez."

Continuing to coddle those people is why they keep doing it.

This is all well and good but Swiftyshaman is still correct. When you are at the point where you are back and they are not and they haven't released you are just hurting everyone else in the group by not rezzing them
No, at that point the correct action is to remove them from the raid and replace them with someone who won't just lay there and expect you to do all the work.
09/14/2014 10:04 PMPosted by Kastirict
No, at that point the correct action is to remove them from the raid and replace them with someone who won't just lay there and expect you to do all the work.

Well its a good thing rezzing isn't "all of the work" in a raid.
It's all the work of getting you back in the raid ;)