Blood Elf Models and Models in General

General Discussion
1 2 3 25 Next
Highly Rated
I hope that the new blood elf models are going to be amazing considering how long you're making the community wait.. I really hope you post them soon so I can finally make decide what race I'm going to make this toon.

I'm also wondering if blizz will be allowing 1 free race change in WoD per account considering some people won't enjoy the model change on their toon.
08/31/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Lôcus
I'm also wondering if blizz will be allowing 1 free race change in WoD per account

lol no. And I seriously doubt they'd even be letting people change the character appearance for free either.

Good thing I enjoy my Orc how it is.

Edit:
08/31/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Teaka
Curious if Blizz will continue the metrosexual meme for male BEs and the anorexic look for female BEs.

Blood elves have existed way before BC - including as early as the Warcraft series. They just weren't playable races during the Original WoW. Meaning their models will match their original creations in the Warcraft games.
Well considering they added a free 90 per limited order of WoD, there's a good chance you can have a free race change too.
Lol, no.
08/31/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Teaka
Curious if Blizz will continue the metrosexual meme for male BEs and the anorexic look for female BEs.
TBH I hope so, it's seriously iconic for us at this point.
They better not try to pretty up this facial model.
I suspect they'll continue that meme for male BEs but I'll be surprised if they don't 'beef' up female BEs a bit. Nothing like female NEs of course.
it's seriously iconic for us at this point.
I'd like to see an artcraft for the blood elfs lol
Fingers crossed they're the worst race redo

It would be awesome
Blood elf models aren't being done because Blizzard needs to create baby talbuk models.
Much like the Draenei, the Blood Elf models are already pretty good. We haven't begun working on the new Blood Elves yet, so I can't comment on the result, but personally I would expect it to be similar to the new Draenei. Of course they'll have higher quality textures and higher polygon counts, overall a big improvement, but not as drastic of an upgrade as the original eight races are seeing with their updates.
I'm actually a little nervous about the blood elf models.

The trolls look amazing. But the draenei look like a hack job. (They even managed to make Adelphie look bad).

I suspect the art team will add 80 lbs. of muscles onto blood elf males and 50 lbs. of fat onto the females and blood elves will turn into humans with pointy ears.
Highly Rated
08/31/2014 12:42 PMPosted by Bashiok
We haven't begun working on the new Blood Elves yet
ungh
Highly Rated
but personally I would expect it to be similar to the new Draenei.

So, giant eyes and duck lips?
Much like the Draenei, the Blood Elf models are already pretty good. We haven't begun working on the new Blood Elves yet, so I can't comment on the result, but personally I would expect it to be similar to the new Draenei. Of course they'll have higher quality textures and higher polygon counts, overall a big improvement, but not as drastic of an upgrade as the original eight races are seeing with their updates.
Are Worgens/Goblins getting updated too once they're done updating all the Classic/BC races?

Any infos to share? ;)
the Blood Elf models are already pretty good

Bashiok confirmed to have bad taste