Valor changes in 6.0 - Item Upgrades gone?

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Blizzard, I have a few questions regarding the changes coming in 6.0. I know that valor is being removed as a currency and this leaves several giant questions.

1. If there is no more valor, no more item upgrading, whats going to happen to the gear we have currently upgraded? How about the gear that we didnt get to yet? Will all future drops be 0/4 upgrade ilvl or would it be 4/4?

2. If valor is being removed in 6.0, does that mean the legendary cloak will become unobtainable? Test of valor would not be possible to finish.
They've said they're getting rid of Test of Valor.
@ Ammako ok, that answers that part of the question
If it's upgraded, it stays upgraded.

If it isn't upgraded, it will remain that way.
09/02/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Xalen
1. If there is no more valor, no more item upgrading, whats going to happen to the gear we have currently upgraded? How about the gear that we didnt get to yet? Will all future drops be 0/4 upgrade ilvl or would it be 4/4?

All current items will remain at their current upgrade level. All future items will be at their base level (I'd bet that the Cloak will turn from 608 with 2/4 to 616 base).

09/02/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Xalen
2. If valor is being removed in 6.0, does that mean the legendary cloak will become unobtainable? Test of valor would not be possible to finish.

Test of Valor is getting tossed.
As a couple posters have mentioned, we're planning to remove the Test of Valor step from the Legendary chain.

Regarding item upgrades, those are being converted to use Lesser Charms of Good Fortune as currency instead of Justice or Valor.
09/02/2014 10:42 AMPosted by Mordecaí
wait the gear i upgraded is reverting back to 0/4 status?

No. They will remain as they are, but any further upgrades will use Charms instead of VP in 6.0.
Will the test of valor be removed pre-6.0? Must admit, the only truly annoying part about the quest is that. :/

No, gear that's already been upgraded will keep its current upgrade status. The only change is that, if you want to upgrade another item, you'll spend Lesser Charms instead of Valor.
09/02/2014 10:38 AMPosted by Lore
As a couple posters have mentioned, we're planning to remove the Test of Valor step from the Legendary chain.

Regarding item upgrades, those are being converted to use Lesser Charms of Good Fortune as currency instead of Justice or Valor.

This may have been answered before but what is happening to the valor we have. Converted to gold? If so at what rate?

Wow, lots of super-cheap upgrades for anyone that's spent some time on that island!
09/02/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Lore

No, gear that's already been upgraded will keep its current upgrade status. The only change is that, if you want to upgrade another item, you'll spend Lesser Charms instead of Valor.

I recall mention of plans on what to do with lesser charms. Are there any other places to spend excess lesser charms before WoD hits, or is it just this and the warforged seals?

Really surprised at this point this wasn't done months ago with the intent of 6.0 coming, especially introducing the buffs. Test of Valor ends up being a huge timegate for people when there's limited time bonus events coming through.
How many Lesser Charms will it take? Same cost as for VP?
/runs back to timeless isle and starts farming... desperately need to upgrade my heroic gear!

About the lesser charms though, I'm sitting on around 12,000 of them, clearly I'm going to run out of things to upgrade. What's going to happen to all of my excess charms?
09/02/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Fòur
Will the test of valor be removed pre-6.0? Must admit, the only truly annoying part about the quest is that. :/

No plans to remove Test of Valor prior to 6.0, no.
Thank you for giving me something to do with my 7000 lesser coins >.<
09/02/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Dryadius

About the lesser charms though, I'm sitting on around 12,000 of them, clearly I'm going to run out of things to upgrade. What's going to happen to all of my excess charms?

I hope excess lesser charms are converted into gold.
09/02/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Dryadius

I really hope they add some more stuff to purchase with excess charms.