Healing threat as tank.

Paladin
I haven't found much discussion on this.

If I'm not having that much difficulty in a dungeon holding mobs, does throwing out a WoG or Holy Radiance benefit the party as opposed to straight damage?

Do you get kind of a double dip in that you do some healing and cause threat. And how much threat is a 20k WoG compared to a 20k ShoR?
When I'm AE tanking in 5's - which is quite often in regular dungeons - the healing threat from WoG is marginally better than ShoR+Holy Shield. The HS gives me better survivability, but the WoG threat gen is VERY nice.
WoG gives you holy shield.
12/10/2010 10:19 AMPosted by Sarrael

Only if you spec for it.
12/10/2010 10:44 AMPosted by Laset

Only if you spec for it.

If you don't spec for it, don't cast it. That being said.. Your spec is awful. Please read some of the notes about Prot talents.
12/10/2010 11:51 AMPosted by Farranor
If we go with the pally-specific 0.5x multiplier being already taken out, but the overall 0.5x modifier being still in, then a 20k WoG would generate 10k threat, split evenly among all available targets, while a 20k SotR would generate 60k threat on a single target.

It's been taken out. Don't forget to include RF in healing threat.

1 point healed is 0.5 threat, then increased by 200% for RF, so 0.5+(2*0.5) = 1.5 threat, spread amongst all mobs aware of the person who cast the heal (priest prayer of mending & binding heal are exceptions, but we don't have priest heals).

A 20k WoG will generate 30k threat. ShoR does double that for the same damage value as the WoG heal value, so a 20k ShoR is 60k threat.

12/10/2010 10:44 AMPosted by Laset

Only if you spec for it.

This ^^
So spec for it. Why is everyone taking HG.. It's such an awful talent to modify an even more awful ability.