Can I do dungeon guild achievements by myself

Achievements
Ok, so I've been looking at the guild achievements and noticed there are many that involve doing lower level dungeons. (Deadmines, Shadowfang keep, etc.)

That made me think, can I go and solo those dungeons and have the guild get credit for it? It would be easy achievements.

I mean the guild would be made 100% of guild members (just me)...

Just curious about that topic.

Thanks,

Ironperson
I'm not 100% certain how this works. But I think you need an overwhelming majority in the dungeons. So if you're running a 5-man dungeon, you'll need 4 people. If you're running a 10-man raid, you'll need 8 people. I'm still not sure if all 4 people need to have Cataclysm installed or not, but I want to believe that it will work with any player at any expansion pack level as long as they're in your guild.
12/10/2010 9:34 AMPosted by Krowten
I'm not 100% certain how this works. But I think you need an overwhelming majority in the dungeons. So if you're running a 5-man dungeon, you'll need 4 people. If you're running a 10-man raid, you'll need 8 people. I'm still not sure if all 4 people need to have Cataclysm installed or not, but I want to believe that it will work with any player at any expansion pack level as long as they're in your guild.

This is correct.
12/10/2010 10:35 AMPosted by Jona
12/10/2010 9:34 AMPosted by Krowten

This is correct.

It's also annoying, if slightly amusing, to bring 4 level 80s to clear RFC.
12/10/2010 11:40 AMPosted by Yanaluha
12/10/2010 10:35 AMPosted by Jona
[quote="14060464593"]I'm not 100% certain how this works. But I think you need an overwhelming majority in the dungeons. So if you're running a 5-man dungeon, you'll need 4 people. If you're running a 10-man raid, you'll need 8 people. I'm still not sure if all 4 people need to have Cataclysm installed or not, but I want to believe that it will work with any player at any expansion pack level as long as they're in your guild.

This is correct.

It's also annoying, if slightly amusing, to bring 4 level 80s to clear RFC.

But it's only about 2 minutes of annoyance before you're finished. You can probably even skip most of the trash and just beeline to the bosses. If your guild is big enough you could knock out all the lowbie dungeons in half an hour.
how does it work for like AQ and mag do you still need 20 guildies for this? We do them every week but only have 5 or 6 at most.
12/10/2010 12:25 PMPosted by Belsambar
how does it work for like AQ and mag do you still need 20 guildies for this? We do them every week but only have 5 or 6 at most.

They count as 10 mans for the purpose of achievements.

Not sure if you need 10 or can get away with 8, though.
I'm actually kind of annoyed by this. I get that they're trying to support the spirit of guild effort, but requiring 4 level 85 characters to go clear all the sub-60 instances is just ridiculous. I don't even have that many people in my guild, so I can't get the achievements.
12/10/2010 5:06 PMPosted by Lamissa
Level some alts then, and do them while leveling. You don't HAVE to do it right now, or on your level 85 character.

But then there are still not 4 guildies in the group...my guild consists of my wife, myself, and a friend.
12/10/2010 5:45 PMPosted by Avaelan
12/10/2010 5:06 PMPosted by Lamissa
Level some alts then, and do them while leveling. You don't HAVE to do it right now, or on your level 85 character.

But then there are still not 4 guildies in the group...my guild consists of my wife, myself, and a friend.

That does stink that you are a couple short, but have you thought about trying to recruit a couple more people into your guild? A lot of unguilded people are interested in joining smaller guilds for the achievements. Just a thought. Good luck though!
as of 4.0.3a to make a guild now takes 4 ACCOUNTS not 3 alt on 1 account and and you on the other, so that would be just enough to run all 5 mans for achievements. So time to find a new friend or your friend a partner!
Still need some clearing up on old raids,
does old 40man and 25man count as 10man raids that need at least 8 guildies to get achievement?
if so that would be great!