When did WoW get SO easy? I want hard-mode

General Discussion
I came back to WoW this last week to see how the world has changed with "the Cataclysm". I haven't really played much since the original game. And the game is now pointlessly easy.

I can auto-attack mobs to death if I want! This makes the game feel like a job where things get done whether you put in any effort or not. Sure, things might get done faster or better if you contribute, but otherwise it wont make a difference.

Not like WoW was ever hard, but back then I had to finish a fight BEFORE leaving the keyboard to take a break. It was a tough spot when you had 3 mobs on you. Now leveling is totally mindless. Pick an ability or two if you want to push buttons. Or don't. It doesn't matter.

I want a hard-mode server where you're pushed to the edge to survive from lvl 1.
Go play some Demon's Soul.
fail troll is fail
12/10/2010 10:13 PMPosted by Tallon
I came back to WoW this last week to see how the world has changed with "the Cataclysm". I haven't really played much since the original game. And the game is now pointlessly easy.

I can auto-attack mobs to death if I want! This makes the game feel like a job where things get done whether you put in any effort or not. Sure, things might get done faster or better if you contribute, but otherwise it wont make a difference.

Not like WoW was ever hard, but back then I had to finish a fight BEFORE leaving the keyboard to take a break. It was a tough spot when you had 3 mobs on you. Now leveling is totally mindless. Pick an ability or two if you want to push buttons. Or don't. It doesn't matter.

I want a hard-mode server where you're pushed to the edge to survive from lvl 1.

Wait 'till you hit cata when you're in LK greens/blues.

You'll have more difficulty then

Or, ya know, when you hit heroics, which even the good players are saying are hard. But they like it. The scrubs complain about it being too hard.
My tanking friend is dying to single mobs (spellcasting naga) in twilight highlands, what the hell are you talking about? If I pulled 3 enemies as ret I was about to take a dirt nap if I didnt start blowing cooldowns. Prot was more forgiving.
Obvious troll is obvious.
I'm really not trying to troll here.

It used to be enjoyably difficult to play solo leveling up. Now it's so easy I get bored.

I'm not talking about raiding or PVP.
Of course its easy at your level. In time my friend, in time..
12/10/2010 10:13 PMPosted by Tallon

Pretty easy to tell you never did Ulduar on anything but easy.
My point is that it used to be more difficult AT THIS LEVEL. I can auto-attack any mobs I come across at lvls 62, 55, 42 and a few others I've played with my old chars. Seriously? I always enjoyed casually leveling characters, getting into the lore, reading quest descriptions. Am I seriously the only one who thinks this is too easy now?
12/10/2010 10:21 PMPosted by Tallon
I'm really not trying to troll here.

anyone that says this... is...

dumbass
You're level 62... So you're out in Outland? That place bored me to tears when I was there a few weeks ago. It is rather easy soloing, especially if you spec DPS or Tank. Northrend is much more enjoyable, though even then I hardly die with my (as the trolls call it) "unbeatable Prot Pally". From what I've heard, Druids received a boost in playability, so perhaps wait a few months for the Cata changes to talents and spells calm down and find "new normal".
if u want hard mode drink 3 redbulls and ATTEMPT to BEAT ALL SEN games.
Level up as alliance on a pvp server. there's your hard mode