Help me Seal the deal please

Paladin
At 64 I am solo quest as Protection and enjoying it a great deal. Being Prot actually allows me to feel like a better player than I really am. I quest with Seal of Truth up and Devotion Aura. Is this the correct configuration, and if not what should I adjust?
Thank you friends.
Whatever you find allows you to get through the content faster. If you don't take much damage anyway, try Ret Aura. If things are dying fairly fast maybe Seal of Righteousness instead of Seal of Truth. I don't really think there is a "correct" configuration. Just use what you like.
When I solo as prot, I tend to run with Truth, Ret and BoM. Then collect and kill (alot of these quests are kill X number of so-and-so). With WoG you never really need to worry about healing, and even if you do, Holy light will often heal you enough to get another WoG charged. PLUS the fact that WoG doesn't always use up the holy power helps as well.
12/09/2010 8:55 AMPosted by Babyfactory
Whatever you find allows you to get through the content faster. If you don't take much damage anyway, try Ret Aura. If things are dying fairly fast maybe Seal of Righteousness instead of Seal of Truth. I don't really think there is a "correct" configuration. Just use what you like.

Truth should always be up, simply to take advantage of the 10 free expertise from the glyph. A tank should never, ever use Righteousness.
Thank you all very much. I don't Tank, I enjoy questing with this spec, I will give SoR a shot and see how it feels but will likely stick with Truth. I may not see much of a difference at this level, heck I've fought equal level elites with crusader aura still up, so I'm certainly no pro , just out there having fun.
Thanks again
12/09/2010 9:10 AMPosted by Jantilla
12/09/2010 8:55 AMPosted by Babyfactory

Truth should always be up, simply to take advantage of the 10 free expertise from the glyph. A tank should never, ever use Righteousness.

He's levelling, not tanking for people.
He has no glyphs.

And how much Expertise do you need at his level when fighting mobs of the same level? Can't be much. Use a mace. You get expertise from your racial.
Thanks Babyfactory much appreciated. I'm fighting mobs that are the same level or a couple higher, wherever the next zone take me basically. I'm just waiting to find a nice mace actually.

12/09/2010 9:21 AMPosted by Babyfactory

He's levelling, not tanking for people.
He has no glyphs.

And how much Expertise do you need at his level when fighting mobs of the same level? Can't be much. Use a mace. You get expertise from your racial.

Mobs three levels above you have a 6.5% chance to dodge, regardless of your level. This requires (at last count) 22 expertise to completely remove, again regardless of level. Dodged attacks do zero dps, regardless of level. And no, it's not unrealistic for a leveling player to encounter mobs 3 levels above her. If the glyph market on her realm is not completely batcrap insane, it would do the OP quite a bit of good to pick up the glyph.
Gees you folks are smart. I on the other hand still have much to learn. I purchased the glyphs at level 50 or so but never actually installed them, I forgot to do that final step where the glyph is actually activated.

Thanks folks, without your help I would have continued without them.
12/09/2010 6:06 PMPosted by Latrocius

You need 26 Expertise to remove Parry, and something like 46 to remove Dodge.

I had 36 Expertise on my Ret Pally until a couple hours ago and I was 2% away from being Dodge capped.

And it's less likely for a leveling player to run into mobs 3 levels higher than they are. After you hit Outlands, most things should be within a level of you, two at most. Three levels above means you're in a zone you shouldn't be yet.

It's 26 for Dodge, though it was recently lowered for 80 - it should be back to 26 at 85. The Parry cap is 56, and is considered by most to be relatively unreachable.

Regardless, 10 free expertise is a good thing.