Guild System FAQ/Guide

Achievements
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
If you server xfer for 2 weeks but don't join a guild and then server xfer back to your orig server and rejoin your original guild would you lose guild rep?
02/26/2011 10:11 PMPosted by Khankor
If you server xfer for 2 weeks but don't join a guild and then server xfer back to your orig server and rejoin your original guild would you lose guild rep?

As server transferring completely removes your guild affiliation, I suspect that yes, you lose your rep, even if you came back.

Someone posted about losing there rep just by account transferring a toon between their two WoW accounts. They lost all the toon's guild affiliation and rep, even though the toon itself stayed on the same server.

Such questions are often addressed in the Official Character Transfer FAQ. Which was Blizzard's response to the individual in reference to the loss of rep from the account transfer.
So I was trying to find this info and I saw on your page it said you need to have 4 people to complete lower level dungeon guild achieves. Looking through my guilds achievements, there's some 5 mans that only have 3 names listed for the achievement. Also remembering from some lvl 85 heroic runs where we had 3 guildies, and the icon by the map said we met the minimum requirement for doing guild achieves.

I was always under the impression you needed 80% of the group to be guildies for achievments:
4/5
8/10
20/25

But looking through many guild achieves, I see the numbers are much smaller, so what are the official #'s? Thank you.

4/5 was true prior to the last change they put in, the one that lets 3 of 5 earn guild xp for the run. You can now get five man achievements with 3/5 players.
Liked this thread, needed help on finding stuff about guild rep.
Patch 4.1 Will Bring Guild XP Buffs for PvP
* The amount of guild experience rewarded for rated Battleground guild group wins has been dramatically increased.
* Players are now rewarded guild experience for Honorable Kills in the field.
* Players are now rewarded guild experience for Battleground wins in Battleground brackets up to level 80.
* Arena teams are now awarded guild experience for wins. The entire team must be members of the same guild to earn this experience.
Regarding the Trades guild achievement (one of every trade at 525 skill): My gnomish Engineer is at skill 525 with the appropriate guild rep. However, this is not completing that portion of the achievement. Because my gnome's Engineering maxes at 540 due to her racial specialization, I'm assuming it's not registering because it's not *maxed*. When I spoke with a GM, she suggested I max out my Engineering to 540. But why should I do that? Wouldn't that be considered a *penalty* instead of a *perk*, like it should be? Essentially I need to plug in 15 more skill points than any other non-gnome Engineer with expensive recipes in order to achieve the same thing, when by the achievement definition I have met the requirements (not *maxed*, *at 525*). I found that response highly disappointing.
04/07/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Zwelda
Regarding the Trades guild achievement (one of every trade at 525 skill): My gnomish Engineer is at skill 525 with the appropriate guild rep. However, this is not completing that portion of the achievement. Because my gnome's Engineering maxes at 540 due to her racial specialization, I'm assuming it's not registering because it's not *maxed*. When I spoke with a GM, she suggested I max out my Engineering to 540. But why should I do that? Wouldn't that be considered a *penalty* instead of a *perk*, like it should be? Essentially I need to plug in 15 more skill points than any other non-gnome Engineer with expensive recipes in order to achieve the same thing, when by the achievement definition I have met the requirements (not *maxed*, *at 525*). I found that response highly disappointing.

The GM was correct, you need to max out your engineering to 540. You'll notice that you did not proc the Working Around the Clock achievement either without maxing out Engineering to 540.

The interface presents your profession skill level rather poorly when dealing with racial bonuses. Instead of displaying your racial bonus as a bonus (510 + 15 in your case) it just sums it in and also bumps up the display on your "max skill". The "point" of racial profession skills is not to give you free points in your race's profession, but to give you access to higher difficulty recipes sooner. Since the chance for gaining a skill point off a recipe should be determined by your true skill (510) you are at no more of a disadvantage than anyone else attempting to max out their profession.

The racial profession bonuses are little more than flavor text tacked on to various races. In the end they affect game play not one bit. If any race(s) actually have a useful profession bonus it's Tauren and herbalism, or worgen and skinning. I'm still waiting for Dwarves to end up with a similar bonus to mining.
Yep to Loseing all you personnal rep with your guild :( we just experienced same thing as small guild ,struggled to meet daily cap for guild we however did make levle 16 . but due to raid's ect we toyed with idea of a merge on our main's to a larger guild ..now we couldn't take advantage of any of there perks...till we gained rep ...
Was a Failed mission and we were miserable in 2 days after a day or so more we all come back to our mother guild less our rep ..sad to say it was another slap in the face ,I did however speak to a GM , and you got it nothing can be done about restoring one's rep again ,
His advice go hard and post on the forum see what others think ..I am in of the same boat I was exalted , there needs to be a CD on Guild rep ..say a week , if you return to your guild within that time your rep should be restored to you . come on DEV TEAM , small guild struggle as it , cheer's all some great post here
04/08/2011 05:32 AMPosted by Sariax

The GM was correct, you need to max out your engineering to 540. You'll notice that you did not proc the Working Around the Clock achievement either without maxing out Engineering to 540.

The interface presents your profession skill level rather poorly when dealing with racial bonuses. Instead of displaying your racial bonus as a bonus (510 + 15 in your case) it just sums it in and also bumps up the display on your "max skill". The "point" of racial profession skills is not to give you free points in your race's profession, but to give you access to higher difficulty recipes sooner. Since the chance for gaining a skill point off a recipe should be determined by your true skill (510) you are at no more of a disadvantage than anyone else attempting to max out their profession.

The racial profession bonuses are little more than flavor text tacked on to various races. In the end they affect game play not one bit. If any race(s) actually have a useful profession bonus it's Tauren and herbalism, or worgen and skinning. I'm still waiting for Dwarves to end up with a similar bonus to mining.
Thanks for the reply. I suppose you're correct; however, they need to change the text requirements then (achieve 525 skill), of which I have fulfilled to the letter of the description. Disappointment brews from mismatched expectations.
Can any Bliz peeps confirm or deny this? (The guild rep expiring after being booted but NOT joining another guild).

A lot of guilds have an inactive time limit which results in a kick to the curb... for us casual players this might present a problem.
PvP randoms with 3 guildies should grant SOME guild rep, however small. PvP has becoming the only dynamic thing left to do in this game though groups of appropriate level can be hard to make, especially limited by guild size. However, as a possible resolution, as he listed above, Blizz could (should) make rep gained proportionate by level. If I've been pvping in a guild for 2 months, earned 15k hks for the guild, but am still considered neutral, when I get to 85 I have to go back and quest for a couple weeks? Blizz can do better than this.
i have just been promoted to GM and i cant seem to find anywhere that tells me how to make changes with the GB for indiviual players can some one plz help me with this?
You can only change guild bank permissions on a per rank basis.
I am sorry to ask this question if it has already been answered. I have searched a great deal and seem to be coming up empty handed in terms of an answer for my question.

I am at Exalted with my guild, however, I do wish to contribute more. I do dailies but it does not seem to have any kind of effect upon the guild XP.

My question is this: Do I provide the guild with any XP whatsoever by doing dailies even though I am exalted?

A definitive answer to this question would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Your reputation with the guild has no effect on your ability to contribute to Guild XP.
Old 40 mans: 10
Old 10 mans: 8 (aq20 is a 10 man now)
Old 25 mans: 8 (BC is old, LK is not)
Current 10 mans: 8
Current 25 mans: 20
All 5 mans: 3

Should probably add that to the stickie

There was a wordy answer to that question under the FAQ question: "How many players are required for it to count as a Guild Group?", however, I like your straightforward factual approach better, so i replaced it with that.