need help w/ reaching Item lvl496 please read

New Player Help and Guides
Someone told me to start raiding at level 90, my item level must be at 496. What is the fastest way to reach that level?
IIRC, the minimum item level for LFR Mogu'Shan Vaults (the first MoP raid that came out) is 460. Of course, if you are running normal or heroic raids, the item level requirement may be higher. It depends on the guild and/or raid leader. And of course, the more difficult raids will have higher item level requirements. I'll put it this way: my druid (item level 483) is able to run Throne of Thunder LFR.

There are many ways to reach that high of an item level. If I were gearing up a character right now, I would constantly run Heroic dungeons and scenarios, and grind mobs for gear on the Timeless Isle while waiting in the queues. Once you hit 460, start running LFR raids for gear

If you want to raid, you will have no need for that pvp trinket, so I would suggest replacing it. Finding a trinket that is 435 will boost your item level up to around 459 or so (although my math may be off, it's 11 pm here at time of writing...). Of course, the higher the item level of the trinket that you use as a replacement, the bigger the impact on your character's item level.

If you can find faction vendors, I think they are still selling old valor/justice gear, but for justice points. If so, and if you have the reputation, grab some of that gear from the Shado Pan Assault. It's all item level 522, and will help you get rid of some of those blue pieces faster, while also boosting your item level.

Edited for content, grammar, and punctuation.
You can easily get 496 armor from the timeless isle. Go around and gather all the chests. Hop in on rares when you see others attacking them. Once you get high enough queue for throne of thunder while continuing to grind the timeless isle. All the other raids before ToT will largely be a waste of time.
Oh and you can get an easy 496 ring and trinket from the Dominance offensive quartermaster in karasang after doing a few quests. They cost 1250 and 1750 JP respectively.
09/13/2014 08:10 PMPosted by Daslow
You can easily get 496 armor from the timeless isle. Go around and gather all the chests. Hop in on rares when you see others attacking them. Once you get high enough queue for throne of thunder while continuing to grind the timeless isle. All the other raids before ToT will largely be a waste of time.

yes only reason to go back threw tot is ledgendary quest an mabey transmog items
so its best to start the ledgendary quest line asap if you plan to get one
I think most of the Shadow Pan Assault gear (522) is hidden behind a requirement of Friendly. That is one or two LFR wings of ToT. That gear can really help make up for a few not so great pieces you can't find on Timeless Isle.