Revoke the Shapeshifting change for Druids p3

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 25 Next
I'm still all for this being reverted. I have tried to get used to it on the PTR, but I simply cannot bring myself to find any enjoyment out of it.
I was actually hoping instead for an upgrade to the placeholder cheetah model by now but instead we get this? I understand that Blizz is trying to make things easier and decrease "button bloat" in regards to what they (emphasis on THEY) consider "useless abilities" but "it's so annoying to have multiple buttons for travel and swim forms" said NO DRUID EVER.

Come on.
Never leveled a druid past the 40s, but I support this. This kind of change should be made available through a glyph, as someone said, not require someone to sacrifice a glyph slot in order to restore it to the way it was.
09/23/2014 07:18 AMPosted by Arzhela
This kind of change should be made available through a glyph, as someone said, not require someone to sacrifice a glyph slot in order to restore it to the way it was.

It doesn't even restore it to how it was. Just makes it slightly similar.
Stupid change, just for the sake of change. Please put it back the way it was. We should not have to waste a glyph slot for this nonsense.

And just for the record, I don't macro my shape change, in any way. I do it manually, because I like to.
Well we all know what happened to tree form don't we? good luck to all us druids getting blizz to listen to this they didn't listen before. not being able to switch forms at my choosing is really gonna mess up my how i pvp!
I know this is a silly question but why couldn't blizzard do the shapeshifting button(s) like they do the 'call pet' button that Hunters (and I assume locks) have?

For those who have never played a hunter/hunters who don't have multiple pets: the call pet button is one button, but when you click it it gives this nifty little subset of icons to pick which pet you want to call. Then you click the little subset icon and ta-da! Except for druids it'd be the various forms

Reduces the button bloat down to one handy-dandy button on the bar and keeps shifting how the druids (or the ones on the forum anyway) want it!
A good company knows when to admit they were wrong when a major change upsets their customers.

So please, Blizzard, revert this change. A VAST majority of your players do not want it.

Druids are masters of shape-shifting. We should have the freedom to shapeshift when we want to whatever we want.
09/23/2014 07:42 AMPosted by Silna
I know this is a silly question but why couldn't blizzard do the shapeshifting button(s) like they do the 'call pet' button that Hunters (and I assume locks) have?

For those who have never played a hunter/hunters who don't have multiple pets: the call pet button is one button, but when you click it it gives this nifty little subset of icons to pick which pet you want to call. Then you click the little subset icon and ta-da! Except for druids it'd be the various forms

Reduces the button bloat down to one handy-dandy button on the bar and keeps shifting how the druids (or the ones on the forum anyway) want it!

Perfectly good idea. And you can key-bind the individual buttons from the pull out, which is what I do on my Lock.
I did not know about this change until just now. And now I am angry.

Why change this at all and offer a glyph to change it back? Wouldn't it be easier to just create a glyph to combine them all instead? I'm willing to bet very few people will use it! But if they make this change everyone will be forced to waste a glyph slot to change it back!
Someone should arrange a cross server protest and stream it. Put it on openraid.us, the forums, everywhere.

Thousands of druids of both factions in cheetah and non-mount stag in Moonglade making a land trek around the zone, across the continent, something. It would be EPIC.

Many druids did something similar when tree form was going away.

I'd go on one of my druids! I just don't have time to organize before the patch :p
09/23/2014 07:59 AMPosted by Karmann
Perfectly good idea. And you can key-bind the individual buttons from the pull out, which is what I do on my Lock.

Ah! A warlock! So I was correct in my guess that demons are still called from the one button.

As for your addition: Even better. That way the only 'button-bloat' is the player's own doing! I actually didn't know you could set the individual pet buttons. I need to try this on my hunter now. Thanks for the tip!
The only responses I've seen are that Blizzard likes the change and that it's too much work to revert at this point. Also, that one condescending post about fixing everything with a glyph (which doesn't actually fix it).

Then what's the point of player feedback from the PTR?

09/14/2014 08:44 PMPosted by Sweetspring
#SaveTheCheetah
Hopefully these highly-voted threads will get Blizzard's attention and reverse the changes that NO ONE (obviously) is happy with.
I am happy with every feral druid change I have seen in PTR and beta but this is the one and only change I absolutely don't like. I don't think there was a need for it.
I support this thread
As we stated on beta the overwhelming majority does not support this change. There are many things about it people dont like. For me its the fact that I have no control over the travel forms, and my biggest issue is I cannot use cheetah at all in fly zones. Once flying goes into draenor cheetah form, the iconic druid land travel form will cease to exist. I do not like stag I dont want to be a stag, why not at least allow the glyph of cheetah to let us use that form in fly zones if we wish. Better yet for everyone why not just drop the whole idea of merged travel forms, or at least allow a flyout button. Maybe a turn on/ off option even.

After playing beta for months I can honestly say I do not want this change. The only thing I even like about it is, when questing in draenor I can shift automatically while crossing water zones and back to land...but that is not worth the loss of cheetah form or the loss of control of choice to pick my form.
09/23/2014 08:24 AMPosted by Kydoìme
Once flying goes into draenor cheetah form, the iconic druid land travel form will cease to exist.

This truth hurts :(
I wholeheartedly support this. WTF Blizzard?