Heirloom Vendor Change in Patch 6.0.2

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
With the upcoming release of Patch 6.0.2, we’ll be sending the vendors who sell Heirlooms for Justice Points on a nice vacation.

As you might already be aware, both Justice and Valor Points are being removed as currencies from the game in 6.0.2. As we started to work on new ways to buy Heirlooms, we found that we were setting their value up for a rollercoaster ride. That's because we’re also working on a larger Heirloom system for a future patch, and we don’t want to introduce an interim pricing scheme that could temporarily devalue Heirlooms or limit how we’d be able to give them out in the future. Rather than make players face buyer’s remorse and hand-wringing decisions about when to buy, we’re going to give the Justice Heirloom vendors some time off while we work on improving the system as a whole.

One thing to note is that this change only affects vendors that sell Heirlooms for Justice. PvE Heirlooms will still remain available at the Darkmoon Faire and the Trial of the Crusader, and PvP Heirlooms will continue to be available for Honor.
:0 OH MY
lol
I really didn't want to spend the last bit of time in this xpac grinding out JP :(
09/16/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Eedroh
I really didn't want to spend the last bit of time in this xpac grinding out JP :(

Don't do anything you don't want to do. :) But also, as stated, they're still available at the Darkmoon Faire and Trial of the Crusader.
Highly Rated
Reduce the price on BoAs,they're too expensive considering that most of the gold that you get from quests while leveling is used to purchase or upgrade mounts and flying license.
09/16/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
we’ll be sending the vendors who sell Heirlooms for Justice Points on a nice vacation.

You're sending them to the glue factory, aren't you?
09/16/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Bashiok
09/16/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Eedroh

Don't do anything you don't want to do. :) But also, as stated, they're still available at the Darkmoon Faire and Trial of the Crusader.

Yay! Another blatantly ridiculous situation created by people who don't understand how to properly develop a game!

First we were getting the BoA tab.

Then you guys decided to 'delay' it until further notice because you don't understand how !@#$%^- important of a feature it was.

Next you tell us that we'll be able to purchase JP BoAs for gold (which is amazing!).

Now you're telling us that won't be happening because of arbitrary decision making by people who obviously don't play game?

I got a better idea. Why don't you just implement the BoA tab for 6.0 like you originally said you were going to do.

And leave the JP BoA vendor as it is on the PTR.

Otherwise, all you're doing is making a bad situation worse.
09/16/2014 10:16 AMPosted by Killercaitie
09/16/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
we’ll be sending the vendors who sell Heirlooms for Justice Points on a nice vacation.

No no no no... nooooooooo... They're going to a nice farm upstate where they can ruuuuuun, and frolic, and play with other NPCs, aaaaaand... Yes. Yes we're cooking them down for glue.
Highly Rated
09/16/2014 10:20 AMPosted by Bashiok
No no no no... nooooooooo... They're going to a nice farm upstate where they can ruuuuuun, and frolic, and play with other NPCs,
this is what my mother said about my Goldfish.....

:(
09/16/2014 10:20 AMPosted by Shamenz

Yay! Another blatantly ridiculous situation created by people who don't understand how to properly develop a game!

First we were getting the BoA tab.

Then you guys decided to 'delay' it until further notice because you don't understand how !@#$%^- important of a feature it was.

Next you tell us that we'll be able to purchase JP BoAs for gold (which is amazing!).

Now you're telling us that won't be happening because of arbitrary decision making by people who obviously don't play game?

I got a better idea. Why don't you just implement the BoA tab for 6.0 like you originally said you were going to do.

And leave the JP BoA vendor as it is on the PTR.

Otherwise, all you're doing is making a bad situation worse.

Woah, take it down like ... 12 to 14 notches. Everything's going to be fine.
Curious to see if we'll have a way to upgrade heirlooms to the 1-85 versions (or even a 1-90 version?) via Darkmoon Faire or otherwise.

Whatever the overhaul is to the heirloom system, I wouldn't be surprised if we see it before the end of Warlords.
just wondering with the jp/vp points being converted to gold when patch hits, are we being compensated accordingly? ie its a bit unfair to charge 10k for a mammoth thats worth 2200jp but if a person has 3k jp sitting there and blizz goes heres 300g to make up for losing them. wasnt player choice to lose the jp system, just saying....
Will heirloom shields & off-hands be added to the DMF since they aren't an option currently? Or these changes will make them unavailable period?
09/16/2014 10:20 AMPosted by Bashiok
09/16/2014 10:16 AMPosted by Killercaitie

No no no no... nooooooooo... They're going to a nice farm upstate where they can ruuuuuun, and frolic, and play with other NPCs, aaaaaand... Yes. Yes we're cooking them down for glue.

You're thinking some are more equal than others...
What will happen to all of my Valor and Justice points? They get changed into gold? I've been capped with my Valor, Honor and Justice points for over 4 months because in PVP all I have really need has been conquest points.
Another bad design choice from the developers of Blizzard. You guys have lost that magic you had when you started this game. Instead of being able to farm heirlooms when I have time, you expect me to do them once a month through the Darkmoon Faire or do some boring dailies from 3 expansions ago? That's bad game design to force us to do content from Wrath to get heirlooms that extend past Wrath content or force us to only be able to do it once a month.

How long will it be until the patch where you decide the heirloom tab is worth developing for? Will it be 6.1, 6.2? Will it even be in Warlords? You've cut so much stuff out from Blizzcon last year that it's hard to tell with you guys anymore.
Sorry my English is bad

How long does it take to grow new system include?

Ya bat Darkmoon Faire one week per month and Trial of the Crusader give only 17 Champion's Seal per day(in best case) thes cost of one Heirloom is 60-95 Champion's Seal.

A significant increase in the work and time required.

excluding those of the Cruzade are just 1-80

That plus the elimination of fast track(10% of Guild) is an important increment to leveling.
Highly Rated
Just put them up for purchase for Gold instead... Why the heck do they have to be eliminated entirely for X duration?
Ugh, well, time to slap on my tank gear and spam heroics to buy everything I've been thinking about getting and then upgrading it.

Overall I do enjoy WoW, but with all due respect lately I've had to take an position of I'll believe it when I see it.

Maybe the new method to get heirlooms shows up in a little patch a month or so into WoD, maybe it shows up 1/2 way through. There's no way to know with this expansion.