WoD: Should Fel Flame return for Warlocks?

General Discussion
I'd like to see how every warlock out there feels?

In WoD, fel flame is being removed, and it was one of our most important go-to abilities for damage on the move / damage while getting slammed by melee.

Do you think Fel Flame should be returned to Warlocks?
It certainly is strange on beta when im moving and instinctively try to spam it, i think we should keep it but if Blizzard was worried about how hard it hits just drop its damage i really wouldn't have cared. This whole removing of abilities for no reason thing is getting old.
Losing Fel Flame makes me sad.
Yes
Yes

But then again, I think ability pruning is entirely pointless, so I'm biased.
I would like it returned. It had a high mana cost already, and it was a quick and easy method of doing a bit of dmg while on the move.
It cost a lot to use, so you could not spam it indefinitely.

It didn't hit hard (if that was the issue lower the damage). In addition to losing a Totem killer (like literally every other caster has), it was vital for getting that last piece of an Ember, that final Demo Fury and to also have something to cast while locked out of your main school.

It is our ONLY hybrid/multischool ability. As such it's really important to keep in for when you get locked out of your main school.
It's weird not having it I'll admit...
09/16/2014 10:16 PMPosted by Axeal
I'd like to see how every warlock out there feels?

In WoD, fel flame is being removed, and it was one of our most important go-to abilities for damage on the move / damage while getting slammed by melee.

Do you think Fel Flame should be returned to Warlocks?

Though I used it solely for totems and to top off that last ember as destro, I will say when in Demo I do use it more and part of a rotation.

Just in my opinion; I would rather see Hellfire / Immolate Aura go away and replaced with Fel Flame for demo.

Allow Affliction to have it as well for quick damage on the go with a slightly higher mana cost and return the function of refreshing Corruption again.

Destro should retain it as well or they could just simply remove the charges on Conflag; increase the mana cost from 1% to 5-10% as well lower the damage about 5-15% and remove the glyph and change Backdraft: When you cast Conflagrate, the cast time and mana cost of your next three Incinerates is reduced by 20%. Lasts 10 sec. to keep the balance in check but still able to function on the go when needed.
To the poster above: Conflagrate is essential for PvP, more than Fel Flame: it is our only slow. I'd rather lose Fel Flame than a charge of that. Though, Fel Flame should be a Destro only spell... problem solved.
09/17/2014 12:03 AMPosted by Zaef

Add a 6 second cd to it as well...

I have no issue with casters retaining some mobility, but being able to spam on the move has to go.
09/17/2014 12:53 AMPosted by Bryxn
09/17/2014 12:03 AMPosted by Zaef

Add a 6 second cd to it as well...

I have no issue with casters retaining some mobility, but being able to spam on the move has to go.
I would want it to stay and no CD. You cannot spam it more than maybe 5 times as Destro, which is really the only spec that needs it to stay (honestly). Those 5 times would be as much damage as an Ice Lance which has no CD.
09/17/2014 12:58 AMPosted by Zaef
I would want it to stay and no CD. You cannot spam it more than maybe 5 times as Destro, which is really the only spec that needs it to stay (honestly). Those 5 times would be as much damage as an Ice Lance which has no CD.

I disagree, the way they are going for casters in WOD is right, they have just gone too far.

Restrict the ability to spam on the move by giving a cd to some instant casts instead of removing them all, maybe increase its damage a bit to compensate.

Making casters turrets is a good thing, imo, rdps have had it too good for too long, time to bring them down a peg and give mdps a chance,
To the poster above: Conflagrate is essential for PvP, more than Fel Flame: it is our only slow. I'd rather lose Fel Flame than a charge of that. Though, Fel Flame should be a Destro only spell... problem solved.

Never stated to remove the slow, just the glyph that didn't require Immolate to be casted first - to with how WoD changes are based the devs would see it as an either or case.

As well making Fel Flame a Destro only spell is pointless and very greedy, thus defeats the needs and functions; also extremely bias to only want one spec to have it.

Honestly Fel Flame is very beneficial to the entire class as a whole, not just one spec.
09/17/2014 01:06 AMPosted by Grevantusk

Never stated to remove the slow, just the glyph that didn't require Immolate to be casted first - to with how WoD changes are based the devs would see it as an either or case.

As well making Fel Flame a Destro only spell is pointless and very greedy, thus defeats the needs and functions; also extremely bias to only want one spec to have it.

Honestly Fel Flame is very beneficial to the entire class as a whole, not just one spec.

Ice Lance is Frost only in WoD, that's why I was suggesting Fel Flame be Destro only. Again, limiting how many specs/classes have options for casting on the move.
I would want it to stay and no CD. You cannot spam it more than maybe 5 times as Destro, which is really the only spec that needs it to stay (honestly).

Really?

I'm still trying to figure out what Affliction is supposed to use to kill things like totems/banners ect without fel flame. The only other direct damage spell Affliction has (unless there's been some additional changes for WoD recently) is Haunt and I just can't see using Haunt as a totem/banner "killing" spell.
Making casters turrets is a good thing, imo, rdps have had it too good for too long, time to bring them down a peg and give mdps a chance,

I fundamentally disagree; I think some basic (low damage, low resource gain; but something to do while moving) is critical to all ranged dps.

We're almost a decade out of wow when turret casters were 'the thing'. Which was a complete flip from other games at the time such as; Ashran's Call. Imo, stationary turret casters are less entertaining then stabbing my hand with a fork.

But that is not the worst of the issue; the worst is the blatent and obvious double standard of movement casts blizzard is putting against Shamen and Locks. (and Priests, but they didn't have any to lose :( )

Details outlined here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12042444830

If all ranged were going back to the figurative stone age; it would be less of a hit then only two.

To quote MMO-C on the matter:
"So for the umpteenth time... people are "the sky is falling" about mechanics and fun. Not so much about actual nerfs...

Warriors are in uproar right now even though they're currently over performing. It is not enjoyable to a lot of people to have empty gcd's because of moving. This can be tuned around, people recognize this can be tuned around. The complaints are about enjoyment, not tuning / nerfs. "

I too, would like a fun-transfusion on my class. >:[
09/17/2014 09:57 AMPosted by Sharmarli
I would want it to stay and no CD. You cannot spam it more than maybe 5 times as Destro, which is really the only spec that needs it to stay (honestly).

Really?

I'm still trying to figure out what Affliction is supposed to use to kill things like totems/banners ect without fel flame. The only other direct damage spell Affliction has (unless there's been some additional changes for WoD recently) is Haunt and I just can't see using Haunt as a totem/banner "killing" spell.
Aff additionally can not stop flag pickups, because no dots, or drain soul; interrupt the action of picking up a flag or interacting with a node.

The supposed "correct way" according to the Sparkledragon, is to have your pet do it. Because relying on that has worked so well in the past.
Removing Fel Flame makes no sense to me.
I haven't really seen a good justification for its removal. It seems to me that the removal of Fel Flame is a spiteful retaliation to the warlock player outcry from last year, which Blizzard ended up buffing Fel Flame to soothe the wounds they created.