Does Warlords of Draenor cost too much?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Before I came back to WoW in 5.4, I was big into Sims 3, other Origin and Steam games. I had spent a little over 2 thousand on games in 2 years when I wasn't playing WoW. WoW is far cheaper...
People are downvoting because they are wrong, I commented that games today are just as expensive as back then, they are. Seriously you can google it. Does this expansion maybe have a little less than previous ones? Maybe a little but we also get a free level 90 which is 60 bucks. 10 bucks more wont hurt you.
First you complain about the expansion cost, then the subscription cost. I don't get it... it's just $50.. much less than a normal game now'a days.

Sorry you don't make any money or to lazy to try and earn some extra cash. -I don't know your story behind the screen so I can't really comment on that, but it honestly sound likes you're either a pre-teen or teenager who doesn't want to work for some extra cash, especially with a name like that....
many big game companies understand they can exploit their customers. it's why you have current gen games priced at 60+ dollars missing content, bugs, shady dlc, etc.

most people don't question it because, people.
WoW Costs 15/month.
Let's say the average player, plays 2 hours a day.
(30 days in a month) x (2 hours per day) = 60 hours of gameplay for 15 dollars
Every 2 years you pay 40 dolalrs for a new expansion, which equates to an aditional 1.67 dolalrs a month per 2 years.
So Overall, 60 hours of gameplay for 16.67 dollars = 5.27 hours per 1 dollar spent for 2 years.

New Single Player Game costs 60
Average player will take 20-30 hours to beat it, lets say 25 for a solid figure.
So Overall, 25 hours for 60 dollats = 0.42 hours per 1 dollar spent.

WoW gives you 12.55 times more hours for a single dollar than any single player game on the market.

I did not include online multiplayer console games in this because those vary in types of games, how they update content, and how much it costs to play online depending on your game system. The variables vary to much, and most likely if you play one of those, you arent playing wow all that much.
The increase in cost is not an issue for me.

For people who are on very tight budgets, it is sad but there's been a year to squirrel away $5.00 a month to pay for the expansion. And, they can continue to play WoW without WoD.

PS: I like anchovies. But the husband does not, he prefers it if I don't even open up my tin of tasty morsels while he is in the house. While I do like anchovies on "everything" pizzas, the beautiful simplicity of a cheese pizza with anchovies fillets is a wonderful thing. But speaking of anchovy pizzas, they typically cost more than the $10 extra for WoW. Again, another reason with the increase in cost is not an issue. I could also go into amortizing the $10 over a year of play... not even pennies a day, barely over zero cost.
To the people who like the OP's first post and will inevitably dislike my post:

Really? *facepalms*
09/22/2014 01:16 AMPosted by Xbuttclown
or just have so much that they wipe their butts with it?

You caught me
09/22/2014 01:01 AMPosted by Breayanna
so then don't buy it

THIS. This comment is why they can just get to $60 and more.
09/22/2014 01:25 AMPosted by Xbuttclown
Cheapest form of entertainment? A new Xbox game lasts about 9 months for me and it costs $60 flat and I can play it whenever, 9 months of WoW would be $135 and I'll have to spend more money to get back in if I stop.

09/22/2014 01:25 AMPosted by Xbuttclown
Cheapest form of entertainment? A new Xbox game lasts about 9 months for me and it costs $60 flat and I can play it whenever, 9 months of WoW would be $135 and I'll have to spend more money to get back in if I stop.

Except for the fact that WoW comes with content patches. How many of your F2P xbox games come with continuous free DLC and online play?
09/22/2014 01:17 AMPosted by Shadowdamna
Another way to look at it... Cata and MoP were $40 for 5 levels. That's $8/level. WoD is $50 for 10 levels. That's $5/level....

:Levels are arbitrary numbers, don't matter at all. There is max level and then the rest, those numbers, who cares.

WoD won't have twice the amount of leveling content that MoP had, it's just the rate of experience is increased to allow for more levels.

As for the question in the OP, yes it is, but it's just how the game world is working now. With the release of the recent consoles, games have jumped from 59 to 69, there is no increase in quality to make it worth the extra 10 dollars, it's just how it is.

If the companies can get away with charging more for less, they will do it, and the game industry is all sheep, they will allow Blizzard to take away their daughters virginity for more content, no price is too high.
09/22/2014 01:16 AMPosted by Xbuttclown
I don't see the point in everyone disagreeing with this post? Do people not like money or just have so much that they wipe their butts with it? I find it shocking to see people wanting to pay more...

No, I'm just not lighting torches and waving my pitchfork over $10.
09/22/2014 05:31 AMPosted by Liolash
09/22/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Tiannah

Considering everything has increased due to inflation the cost is something that has to be absorbed. Under many circumstances it is still a better value than a $15 dollar movie ticket or a $5 latte or a $100 dinner.

However, I just suspect you are troll in disgusting clown clothing.

Wait your movie tickets are only $15 dollars? dude to go to the movies here its gonna cost you 40 dollars for the ticket and a small coke and popcorn. my wow subscription gives me way more hours of entertainment and is less than half the price.

The $15 is for the movie ticket. To get a seat for one person. Snacks and drinks are extra. With snacks and drinks, for two people, it will easily be a $60 night for two hours. If I went to Los Angeles to watch a movie, it would easily cost up to $10 more per ticket.
No, I don't think so. Raising the cost of an expansion is a much better way to push the profit envelope than raising subs, cutting content, or adding timesinks like no flying. I recognise that they have to push profits skyward, but there are ways I think are okay, and ways I really dislike.
09/22/2014 12:57 AMPosted by Xbuttclown
In my opinion $50 for an expansion

Expansion is just a word.

If you call it a sequel, does that help?
The reason why they are rising the prices is because they're losing subs, it happens in business, in fact they're making more money despite loss of customer base. http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-top-10-highest-grossing-video-games-of-all-time-2012-6?op=1
WoW is currently the highest grossing game of all time at 10.
09/22/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Cihys
The increase in cost is not an issue for me.

For people who are on very tight budgets, it is sad but there's been a year to squirrel away $5.00 a month to pay for the expansion. And, they can continue to play WoW without WoD.

PS: I like anchovies. But the husband does not, he prefers it if I don't even open up my tin of tasty morsels while he is in the house. While I do like anchovies on "everything" pizzas, the beautiful simplicity of a cheese pizza with anchovies fillets is a wonderful thing. But speaking of anchovy pizzas, they typically cost more than the $10 extra for WoW. Again, another reason with the increase in cost is not an issue. I could also go into amortizing the $10 over a year of play... not even pennies a day, barely over zero cost.

a bit off topic but as I have a disdain for cheese, I order mine without it, just the pepperoni and sause.
It's just 60 bones and in the grand scheme of things that is not a lot to drop on opening a door to content to keep you busy for 2 years.
The $10 increase is to help them maintain their current earning predictions for the fourth quarter.They also know people will pay it to. The sub price is fine