why do people get so worked up over nonissues

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
09/22/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Sanyaza
09/22/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Llyss
It's sadly a sign of the times. Our culture and country has gone from a "I can't have things my way, so deal with it." crowd, to the "This is Burger King I demand everything my way now!" crowd as everyone gets trophies for just showing up.

Don't go on a rant about our culture and country. It's North American servers. More than just the U.S., and more than just the U.S. players are complaining. Further, would you prefer a world where businesses don't listen to their customers? Your arguments would have some (not much) merit in a sport, but this is a video game that I pay for.

Oh I work in retail as a Customer Service Manager for Walmart. I know customer service, and I can say this here and now. Whoever said "The customer is always right" was correct only when asking if they want paper or plastic for their groceries. You have not even touched how !@#$ty humanity can be until you've been in my position having to deal with every excuse and lie in the book as the filthiest of the filthy walk into your store talking to you like they talk to myself and my cashiers on a daily basis.

My opinion? God yes I'd love some businesses to grow a spine and tell you to shove it so they keep some integrity.
09/22/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Sanyaza
09/22/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Retaphin
I can't decide if its just people being spoiled or lazy? But why make such a big fuss over a non issue. How long did we all go on ground mounts before? It will not make the game unplayable. Its not the game killer.

How spoiled and lazy of people to want a feature they've had for years now to not be taken away.

09/22/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Bashkar
ground mounts would make the game better.

No they wouldn't. I already have to ground mount through the same content I've already done 14 times before every time I level a new character. And you know what? It sucks.

09/22/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Ysha
If they ever remove x-mog from the game I will quit. They can remove flight, flasks, emotes, even raiding, but if they remove my ability to x-mog I will cry, throw a fit and then quit.

Doubt they'll remove x-mog considering they're expanding it by adding an x-mogger to one of the mounts. That would suck pretty bad if they removed the feature though =/

They aren't taking flying out of the game. You can't fly in a new zone. Just like some zones are now.
09/22/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Llyss
My opinion? God yes I'd love some businesses to grow a spine and tell you to shove it so they keep some integrity.

Then you want some businesses, I.E. Blizz, to go out of business and go bankrupt. If you like making money, you do what the customer wants. If you don't, you don't. Your experiences in retail at WALMART are irrelevant. They have nothing to do with the video game industry. The customers, players, are giving feedback on certain changes and asking for them not to happen. And we have every right to ask for that, or we have every right to spend our money elsewhere, instead of paying a company that spits in the face of paying customers and ignores them. I'm not suggesting they're doing that now, but telling your customers to "Shove it" is doing exactly that. Spitting in their faces.

09/22/2014 12:39 PMPosted by Retaphin
They aren't taking flying out of the game. You can't fly in a new zone. Just like some zones are now.

I can't fly in an entire expac* fixed that for you. That's quite different.
09/22/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Llyss

Then you want some businesses, I.E. Blizz, to go out of business and go bankrupt. If you like making money, you do what the customer wants. If you don't, you don't. Your experiences in retail at WALMART are irrelevant. They have nothing to do with the video game industry. The customers, players, are giving feedback on certain changes and asking for them not to happen. And we have every right to ask for that, or we have every right to spend our money elsewhere, instead of paying a company that spits in the face of paying customers and ignores them. I'm not suggesting they're doing that now, but telling your customers to "Shove it" is doing exactly that. Spitting in their faces..

Businesses to go out of business and go bankrupt? Please, spare me your BS. That is the problem with this country. We have far too few business whoring around catering to customers left and right to retain business that our attitudes are growing worse and worse. More business is GOOD for the consumer on all fronts, not just retail. A strong game to compete with WoW will do more for us than you pissing and moaning about no flying ever will. People work harder when competition is involved. Not when everyone just sits around and gets trophies for just showing up.

Telling you to shut up and shove it cleans the crap out of the gutters. Those who enjoy the game will continue to stay and Blizzard will be in business while we play a game we still enjoy without all the crybaby BS going on.
09/22/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Snowfox
Everything anywhere, no matter how small, is the most important thing ever to somebody.

\
Exactly. Some people are upset about the new raid group structure sizes and what not.
Others are upset that they won't be able to skip content.
Others are upset about the professions,
and others are upset about the Class pruning or the Ashran City Hubs.
09/22/2014 12:44 PMPosted by Llyss
Businesses to go out of business and go bankrupt? Please, spare me your BS. That is the problem with this country. We have far too few business whoring around catering to customers left and right to retain business that our attitudes are growing worse and worse. More business is GOOD for the consumer on all fronts, not just retail. A strong game to compete with WoW will do more for us than you pissing and moaning about no flying ever will. People work harder when competition is involved. Not when everyone just sits around and gets trophies for just showing up.

Quit saying this country. I don't care about your views of various cultures and countries. WoW is a game that's sold internationally, and the same complaints are given everywhere, so don't give me this crap where America is somehow worse because our players complain too. Is it your opinion that a business SHOULDN'T try to keep customers?
09/22/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Sanyaza
Then you want some businesses, I.E. Blizz, to go out of business and go bankrupt. If you like making money, you do what the customer wants. If you don't, you don't. Your experiences in retail at WALMART are irrelevant. They have nothing to do with the video game industry. The customers, players, are giving feedback on certain changes and asking for them not to happen. And we have every right to ask for that, or we have every right to spend our money elsewhere, instead of paying a company that spits in the face of paying customers and ignores them. I'm not suggesting they're doing that now, but telling your customers to "Shove it" is doing exactly that. Spitting in their faces.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. We don't want Blizzard to go out of business, we want them to do what's best for the game. What makes the game more enjoyable to the masses? What will bring more players to the game. Most customers are wrong and don't even know what they themselves want until it's handed to them.
Probably the same reason I get upset over lore things. Different aspects of the game matter to different people.

I do think death threats over ANYTHING in this game is ridiculous.

Unfortunately internet gamers can be depicted quite negatively in that regard. Otherwise complain away.
09/22/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Snowfox
Everything anywhere, no matter how small, is the most important thing ever to somebody.
I can't decide if its just people being spoiled or lazy? But why make such a big fuss over a non issue. How long did we all go on ground mounts before? It will not make the game unplayable. Its not the game killer.

Why put so much effort into fussing over something silly. Just put that effort into enjoying your playing experience.

Meh just don't get it.

I always laugh when someone calls other s"lazy" in WoW, it's not like it's a videogame of anything.

Non Issue?, so exponentially increase the time I need to stay in game for doing normal stuff UNNECESSARILY, thus limiting my playing window isn't an issue?

So, removing one of the parts of the game I found really fun and free isn't and issue?

So, removing our freedom to travel, thus the desire, thus the need, thus making just ANOTHER excuse/reason for people to just stay on their Garrisons thus actually "removing" people from the world (because, don't be gullible, this will happen) isn't an issue?

Don't be so close minded, the fact that you don't care doesn't make others spoiled or Lazy, people enjoy different parts of the game, people can't afford to play longer and longer, and all of this has, ultimately, a global impact.
09/22/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Bashkar
ground mounts would make the game better. i dont remember the last time i had fun doing wpvp. ground mounts also help make wow more social. which is important so some degree

Uhh no, ground mounts won;t magically make people appear on a deserted realm, won't make the millions that have left this game come back.
09/22/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Starbourne
I don't think you know what you're talking about. We don't want Blizzard to go out of business, we want them to do what's best for the game. What makes the game more enjoyable to the masses? What will bring more players to the game. Most customers are wrong and don't even know what they themselves want until it's handed to them.

Then maybe you should change your stance if this is truly what you care about:

09/22/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Starbourne
What makes the game more enjoyable to the masses?

Here's a hint. It's not removing flight for the small amount of players who played in Vanilla and enjoyed that while telling the rest of us to "Shut up and shove it".
09/22/2014 12:51 PMPosted by Sanyaza
Here's a hint. It's not removing flight for the small amount of players who played in Vanilla and enjoyed that while telling the rest of us to "Shut up and shove it".

"No official numbers have been released on this issue, but I'm gonna label my opinion as the majority's opinion and speak for everyone else because my opinion > your opinion."
2 years of ground movement vs 8 years of flying. Yeah we are just so spoiled for the "small" amount of time we had flying. Here is a thought instead of them making things on the ground then cursing flying for not making us look at their pretty trees and other stuff the devs make, how about they build a world with flying in mind. Crazy i know!
09/22/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Ysha
09/22/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Bashkar

how did you get into xmog/ i seriously never got into it.. i really dont care how my toons look. i just care about the stats lol

You're saying you chose a Tauren for it's racials?

Herbalism racial is OP!

Especially when combined with Druid flight form. I can't even begin to count the amount of alliance I ticked off in cata with this combo :-)
09/22/2014 12:51 PMPosted by Ðemian

Why put so much effort into fussing over something silly. Just put that effort into enjoying your playing experience.

Meh just don't get it.

I always laugh when someone calls other s"lazy" in WoW, it's not like it's a videogame of anything.

Non Issue?, so exponentially increase the time I need to stay in game for doing normal stuff UNNECESSARILY, thus limiting my playing window isn't an issue?

So, removing one of the parts of the game I found really fun and free isn't and issue?

So, removing our freedom to travel, thus the desire, thus the need, thus making just ANOTHER excuse/reason for people to just stay on their Garrisons thus actually "removing" people from the world (because, don't be gullible, this will happen) isn't an issue?

Don't be so close minded, the fact that you don't care doesn't make others spoiled or Lazy, people enjoy different parts of the game, people can't afford to play longer and longer, and all of this has, ultimately, a global impact.

That is always a childish come back. Because one plays a game does not make them lazy or unqualified to have their own opinion and question the situation.. Secondly I'm simply wording it in Question form(that is how I intended it anyway maybe it didn't come across that way) to better understand or get other perspectives.

They are not removing flying from the game nor are they removing your ability to travel.

Increase your time you need to stay in game? Every part of the game is designed to do that. Don't be so blind. I think some one is speaking into a mirror.
09/22/2014 12:51 PMPosted by Tsylocke

I do think death threats over ANYTHING in this game is ridiculous.

[/quote]

So there was actually death threats over this? Wow! Haha some people.
Like not being able to fly in the new expansion?

Because it's important to them.

DUH.

I can't decide if its just people being spoiled or lazy?

It's lazier to play the empathy-free, deliberately obtuse person who just can't figure out why people don't think they same way he does.

But why make such a big fuss over a non issue.

Because it's important to them.

DUH, again.

How long did we all go on ground mounts before?

Long enough to make us not want to spend a new expansion stuck on the ground the whole time?

It will not make the game unplayable. Its not the game killer.

For you, maybe it won't.