why do people get so worked up over nonissues

General Discussion
09/22/2014 12:51 PMPosted by Tsylocke

I do think death threats over ANYTHING in this game is ridiculous.

So there was actually death threats over this? Wow! Haha some people.

Eh, I was getting threats during my green tenure.

Some people are just off.
They are not removing flying from the game nor are they removing your ability to travel.

This is kind of dense isn't it? You know exactly what they mean when they say flight is being removed, so you're just picking to pick.

It's cool if you agree with this in-game change, you are free to your opinion on it.

09/22/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Retaphin

Increase your time you need to stay in game? Every part of the game is designed to do that. Don't be so blind. I think some one is speaking into a mirror

[/quote]
I'll take issue with this though....this is exactly the problem in this game. The best gates and grinds are the ones you don't even realize are gates or grinds. This game has replaced progress, with repetition, for the sake of making things last longer.
09/22/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Retaphin
They are not removing flying from the game nor are they removing your ability to travel.

They're not allowing flying in the new expansion even once you hit level 100. They might not allow it past 100. That's the issue we're talking about here, if you weren't aware. I'm pretty sure most people realize flying isn't being removed from old world content.
That is always a childish come back. Because one plays a game does not make them lazy or unqualified to have their own opinion. Secondly I'm simply wording it I. Question form to better understand or get other perspectives.

Increase your time you need to stay in game? Every part of the game is designed to do that. Don't be so blind. I think some one is speaking into a mirror.

Never said you were unqualified to have you own opinion, it's just ridiculous to call other lazy on a recreational activity, we are playing a game, for fun, in our free time, it's not a job. It's like Watching TV and calling lazy to people who only watch one channel.

They are not removing flying indeed, they are just limiting it from Draenor (thus the new interesting content) and they are limiting out freedom to travel.

And yes, there's the grind, but that actually has a reason, you can't just kill a boss and have all the goodies, or win a bg and have all the gear, or mine a node and have a full profession, but, making our movement slower just so we have to play more is totally different and doesn't compare.
09/22/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Shrilinda
09/22/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Retaphin
Like not being able to fly in the new expansion?

I can't decide if its just people being spoiled or lazy? But why make such a big fuss over a non issue. How long did we all go on ground mounts before? It will not make the game unplayable. Its not the game killer.

Why put so much effort into fussing over something silly. Just put that effort into enjoying your playing experience.

Meh just don't get it.

What I've found funny so far is that while playing the beta, there is a lot of chatter from people praising the fact that they can't fly. The funny part is that a vast majority of them are sub-100 level characters. I'll ask them what it was like going from 60 - 70 in TBC without flight, if it was that fun. Or 70 - 78 without flight in Wrath or even 85 - 90 in MoP. Was their immersion so enhanced leveling without flight that it was utterly destroyed once they hit level cap and could fly?

Then they bring up how not being able to fly encourages world PvP and how glorious it'll be. At this point I have to ask, "If wPvP is so glorious and you can't wait for its return, why are you playing on the PvE Beta server?"

This is MY issue with the flight issue.

Want us to level 90 - 100 on the ground? Fine. That's how it has been with every new expansion except Cataclysm.

Want us to wait until 6.1 so that we can unlock some quest chain and earn flying in a different way other then dropping 5k gold? Fine. Lets try something new.

However...

No flying past 6.1? I'm in beta. I've taken a character to 100 a couple times and I do not like having to rely on Portals, NPC Flights and Hearthstones to get from point A to point B.

I also honestly believe that the people who think being stuck on the ground will encourage wpvp are delusional. I also think that people who want to force people to the ground for wpvp need to go play on pvp servers.

Not everyone plays on PvP servers. I play on a RP server. I specifically play on a RP server because I got sick and tired of being killed and camped by higher level characters who'd then run away and hide when someone showed up who could actually fight back.

THAT IS NOT WPVP! THAT IS GANKING AND YOU ARE LESSER PEOPLE WHO WISH TO FORCE THAT UPON EVERYONE SO THAT YOUR CRAPPY ROGUE CAN WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO ENGAGE MOBS AND THEN SNEAK UP AND KILL THEM

I agree fully.
09/22/2014 01:05 PMPosted by Rollo

Because it's important to them.

DUH.

I can't decide if its just people being spoiled or lazy?

It's lazier to play the empathy-free, deliberately obtuse person who just can't figure out why people don't think they same way he does.

But why make such a big fuss over a non issue.

Because it's important to them.

DUH, again.

How long did we all go on ground mounts before?

Long enough to make us not want to spend a new expansion stuck on the ground the whole time?

It will not make the game unplayable. Its not the game killer.

For you, maybe it won't.

I'll play along.

Well you can't have your cake and eat it too. I guess they can always just quit the game. There has been plenty of issues I couldn't get changed in the past. I didn't freak out.
09/22/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Retaphin
Well you can't have your cake and eat it too. I guess they can always just quit the game. There has been plenty of issues I couldn't get changed in the past. I didn't freak out.

But you likely tried to get it changed like the people that want flight are doing.

I can't decide if its just people being spoiled or lazy? But why make such a big fuss over a non issue. How long did we all go on ground mounts before? It will not make the game unplayable. Its not the game killer.

Why put so much effort into fussing over something silly. Just put that effort into enjoying your playing experience.

Meh just don't get it.

Anyone wanna take bets as to whether this troll thread will go to cap just like the last 4 anti flight threads??
I see the real issue is that everyone wants it their way and no other way is OK no matter who likes it or not....what's new. Lol what was I thinking.

All is normal move along.

Aren't paladins supposed to be a knight renowned for heroism and chivalry?

On the WoW forums they are always the loudest most intolerant people on here. Rarely do I see a fair minded paladin on here.

You shouldn't ever advocate for people quitting the game. People leaving makes is so there is less income and smaller budgets for content.

What you should be advocating for is the greatest number of people possible playing this game.
09/22/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Bashkar
ground mounts would make the game better. i dont remember the last time i had fun doing wpvp. ground mounts also help make wow more social. which is important so some degree

The last time you had fun doing wpvp was when servers actually had both Horde and Alliance on them instead of them being completely one sided.

Flight has nothing to do with this, you have an issue with not being able to pvp, don't take that out on flying, take it out on the fact that Blizzard has been hella slow merging these bloody servers. 250+ servers should be less than 100.
09/22/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Sanyaza

But you likely tried to get it changed like the people that want flight are doing.

Yes, I did. I spoke out, I tried to get changes reverted. Blizz went ahead and made the changes anyway, and guess what?

Here I am.
09/22/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Necrodamus
09/22/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Bashkar
ground mounts would make the game better. i dont remember the last time i had fun doing wpvp. ground mounts also help make wow more social. which is important so some degree

The last time you had fun doing wpvp was when servers actually had both Horde and Alliance on them instead of them being completely one sided.

Flight has nothing to do with this, you have an issue with not being able to pvp, don't take that out on flying, take it out on the fact that Blizzard has been hella slow merging these bloody servers. 250+ servers should be less than 100.

I thought they said something about Ashran fixing this anyway by tossing all the servers together and balancing out, as best as possible, how many Horde and Alliance are in each 'instance' of Ashran?

09/22/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Jazzai
Yes, I did. I spoke out, I tried to get changes reverted. Blizz went ahead and made the changes anyway, and guess what?

Here I am.

O... kay? Speaking out and trying to get the changes reverted is -exactly- what me and several others are doing. And guess what? I'm here too.
This would be a "non-issue" if they never gave them flying to begin with. Its like giving someone breakfast in bed fora year and then telling them they have to make their own breakfast. They are spoiled.

Flight form for druids should of been as epic a pain in the !@# as green fire for warlocks and then be removed after BC so only druids from BC could fly.

My opinion, They should have flying mount in the game. And it drops off the mythic end boss of each raid. Then Blizzard can say...there you go, you can fly in WoD now.

Each new raid has a new bad $%^ awesome flying mount. Now lazy people will have to put in effort to be lazy.
09/22/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Llyss
09/22/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Sanyaza

Don't go on a rant about our culture and country. It's North American servers. More than just the U.S., and more than just the U.S. players are complaining. Further, would you prefer a world where businesses don't listen to their customers? Your arguments would have some (not much) merit in a sport, but this is a video game that I pay for.

Oh I work in retail as a Customer Service Manager for Walmart. I know customer service, and I can say this here and now. Whoever said "The customer is always right" was correct only when asking if they want paper or plastic for their groceries. You have not even touched how !@#$ty humanity can be until you've been in my position having to deal with every excuse and lie in the book as the filthiest of the filthy walk into your store talking to you like they talk to myself and my cashiers on a daily basis.

My opinion? God yes I'd love some businesses to grow a spine and tell you to shove it so they keep some integrity.

While I agree to a point here, having worked management @ both McDonalds and Officemax. I find that generalizing everyone that complains in this manner is stereotyping and has no business in ANY business model.
09/22/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Sweetpeaz

Aren't paladins supposed to be a knight renowned for heroism and chivalry?

On the WoW forums they are always the loudest most intolerant people on here. Rarely do I see a fair minded paladin on here.

You shouldn't ever advocate for people quitting the game. People leaving makes is so there is less income and smaller budgets for content.

What you should be advocating for is the greatest number of people possible playing this game.

Oh please. Yada yada add some humor to your day. These people are obviously wound too tight.

It's always "well I'll just stop playing!" But they don't. Its always unfair and they want people to see it their way. But they won't see it the other way
09/22/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Sweetpeaz

While I agree with you, I don't think advocating for the greatest number of players is analogous with the "customer is always right" mentality.
09/22/2014 12:39 PMPosted by Retaphin
09/22/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Sanyaza

How spoiled and lazy of people to want a feature they've had for years now to not be taken away.

No they wouldn't. I already have to ground mount through the same content I've already done 14 times before every time I level a new character. And you know what? It sucks.

Doubt they'll remove x-mog considering they're expanding it by adding an x-mogger to one of the mounts. That would suck pretty bad if they removed the feature though =/

They aren't taking flying out of the game. You can't fly in a new zone. Just like some zones are now.

Not Zone. Entire continent. BIG difference. The zones where flight is disabled now are completely max level areas or PvP. This is not the case in WoD.
09/22/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Madìlynn
Flight form for druids should of been as epic a pain in the !@# as green fire for warlocks and then be removed after BC so only druids from BC could fly.

Awful idea.

My opinion, They should have flying mount in the game. And it drops off the mythic end boss of each raid. Then Blizzard can say...there you go, you can fly in WoD now.

Another awful idea.

Each new raid has a new bad $%^ awesome flying mount. Now lazy people will have to put in effort to be lazy.

Third awful idea.

This would be a "non-issue" if they never gave them flying to begin with. Its like giving someone breakfast in bed fora year and then telling them they have to make their own breakfast. They are spoiled.

This example is absurd, but I suppose I'll run with it. it's like paying $30 a day for a high-quality breakfast in bed each day, and then suddenly the person that was being paid wants me to pay them $30 a day still but they now give me two slices of bread each morning and make toast myself.

09/22/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Eliarana
Not Zone. Entire continent. BIG difference. The zones where flight is disabled now are completely max level areas or PvP. This is not the case in WoD.

If they do add flight in, I want them to keep it out of Ashran since that'll be a completely max level area for PvP.