why do people get so worked up over nonissues

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
09/22/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Sanyaza
If you like making money, you do what the customer wants.

Oh Hell no.

You do what the customer wants "within" reason.

Don't get me started on this. I've turned many people away at both places I managed for trying to scam the system. It didn't hurt our business at all. The customer is not always right. NOT EVER.

More and more places are starting to rectify that misconception too.
09/22/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Sanyaza
O... kay? Speaking out and trying to get the changes reverted is -exactly- what me and several others are doing. And guess what? I'm here too.

I'm saying that changes were made that I didn't like, yet I still continue to play.

I didn't throw a tantrum over the changes that were opposite of my wishes. I certainly didn't start doomsaying like a large portion of pro-flight extremists are doing.

When the changes I didn't like were made, I shrugged my shoulders and went off to do some more BGs.

EDIT: And I used the word extremist because not all pro-flight people are loud toddlers. Some of you guys are actually really nice and are willing to have discussions instead of shouting your opinions at other people.
09/22/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Retaphin
Like not being able to fly in the new expansion?

I can't decide if its just people being spoiled or lazy? But why make such a big fuss over a non issue. How long did we all go on ground mounts before? It will not make the game unplayable. Its not the game killer.

Why put so much effort into fussing over something silly. Just put that effort into enjoying your playing experience.

Meh just don't get it.

Who appointed you the arbiter of what is an issue or non-issue to players? So the substantial number of players who've complained about losing flight are spoiled or lazy?

And do us all a favor, if you can't dispense advice that isn't patronizing treacle, keep it to yourself.
09/22/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Eliarana
09/22/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Sanyaza
If you like making money, you do what the customer wants.

Oh Hell no.

Don't get me started on this. I've turned many people away at both places I managed for trying to scam the system. It didn't hurt our business at all. The customer is not always right. NOT EVER.

Okay, flipping the switch to 'on' for flight isn't within reason? Because that's what's being asked of Blizz by me and many others. That's not scamming the system, I wasn't saying if a customer demands steak for 50 cents give it to them.
09/22/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Jazzai
While I agree with you, I don't think advocating for the greatest number of players is analogous with the "customer is always right" mentality.

Oh certainly not, I totally agree with you there.

But every major issue that people leave the game over is discussed ad nauseam on the forums. Some things are indeed complains, and some are actually quite telling in how accurate they are.

09/22/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Retaphin
It's always "well I'll just stop playing!" But they don't. Its always unfair and they want people to see it their way. But they won't see it the other way

To an extent yes. But the ones who do quit (and we're done over 4 million in the past 3+ years) aren't around to discuss anything because you can't post here without an active account.

If I were the makers of a multi-billion dollar game or product, I don't think I'd ignore things of this magnitude. I mean, when you start off the entire discussion by saying that it's a 50/50 proposition, that should clue you in that no matter what the outcome it's a loser for the game.

Better to stick to things that build the community, not divide it.
09/22/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Perigort

I can't decide if its just people being spoiled or lazy? But why make such a big fuss over a non issue. How long did we all go on ground mounts before? It will not make the game unplayable. Its not the game killer.

Why put so much effort into fussing over something silly. Just put that effort into enjoying your playing experience.

Meh just don't get it.

Who appointed you the arbiter of what is an issue or non-issue to players? So the substantial number of players who've complained about losing flight are spoiled or lazy?

And do us all a favor, if you can't dispense advice that isn't patronizing treacle, keep it to yourself.

Its a public forum. No one appointed you the moderator of what is allowed. Take thy own advice.
Because this is a game and we all play it in somewhat different ways?

What you may enjoy doing I might not enjoy. For you flying is a not an issue. For me it is an issue.

Just like I would never force you to fly if you do not want to. Why do you feel the need to force me to use a ground mount?

Play the way you want and let those of us who enjoy flying voice our displeasure to Blizzard freely.

Different people have different priorities on the things they enjoy and want in a game.
Honestly, if you don't like flying then don't fly. What's the big deal?

The words "spoiled," "lazy," "crying," and "children" in a post make me realize that not only do I not care what the poster thinks but I am likely to flag the post as trolling.
Why do people get so worked up over non-issues?

I don't know, but there are currently 5 pages on a thread that is a non-issue, so take what you will from that.
09/22/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Moux
Honestly, if you don't like flying then don't fly. What's the big deal?

The words "spoiled," "lazy," "crying," and "children" in a post make me realize that not only do I not care what the poster thinks but I am likely to flag the post as trolling.

Then do it and if you don't like the post you don't have to read it. Simple as that. Move along.

Meh just don't get it.

Well one - it seems like a lot of people still don't know about the whole non-flying issue at max and take exception to it which worries me.

Two - All former expansions we've had have allowed flying at max level or earlier. You may see that as a non-issue but people used to being able to fly at max as all they have ever known are going to have issues.

09/22/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Snowfox
Everything anywhere, no matter how small, is the most important thing ever to somebody.

I don't usually dislike what you say Snow but this time I do. This is a huge issue to some people including those I play with a lot (flying wise as was brought up in the OP). It's not a small QoL issue and a lot of people now have zero idea what to do without a flying mount. We could tell them to feel lucky to get a ground mount so cheap at 20 but that solves zero problems.
09/22/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Retaphin
I'll play along.

Well you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Your idiom isn't the way things in the game have actually worked. Flight at level cap might not have been what the game launched with, but it has become the norm over the last eight years of expansions.

I guess they can always just quit the game.

Yes, I guess they can.

There has been plenty of issues I couldn't get changed in the past. I didn't freak out.

I guess you have a higher threshold for sucking it up.
09/22/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Sanyaza
09/22/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Eliarana

Oh Hell no.

Okay, flipping the switch to 'on' for flight isn't within reason? Because that's what's being asked of Blizz by me and many others. That's not scamming the system, I wasn't saying if a customer demands steak for 50 cents give it to them.

I did not say that. I took umbrage with, the customer is always right mentality which is a false misconception that many businesses are starting to disband.

Equating flight to a customer scamming a business is not the same at all.

While I am Pro flight, the amount of money I pay does not entitle me to tell blizzard how to program their game. I can disagree and offer suggestions but in the end, My $15 a month goes towards access to their servers and my toons and NOTHING else.
I have no problem with them taking away flying. It's the lack of controllable high speed transport with immunity to common mobs that have zero interest to me at level cap(which is where I'll be spending 99% of the expansion, at level 100).

So go ahead and remove flying, but:

Option 1: Give me a +600% ground mount, that is immune to dismount by pve monsters. Player's looking for PvP may dismount me with a single hit. I play on a PvE server so this will rarely if ever affect me, but for those of you on a pvp server...there you go.

Option 2: Make more FP's than NYC has subway stations, and make the FP's a fully connected graph. If no matter where I'm at I can get to an FP in 30 seconds or less on a ground mount, and I can fly directly to any FP, great!

I can't tell you why other people dislike the change, but for me, it's because I want to be doing something other than getting from point A to point B. Travel isn't fun. Travel isn't challenging, or skill based, so it's not like not wanting to do it means I want an easy path to my goal, it just means that if something isn't fun I don't want to waste my gaming time doing it.

Guess what I have to travel in real life too, and I hate it there as well. Bring on the star trek teleporters! Wake up 10 mins before work, and never be late no matter where on the planet I wake up, or where on the planet I'm supposed to be for work, hell yes. Every restaurant delivers now, and it doesn't take 90 minutes because they're not waiting on a driver any more, hell yes.

When you really look at it, this is akin to the government saying, "Yes, we know, the fastest/safest way to travel is by plane. However, people aren't enjoying nature enough, and there's people on the ground that would like to attack you. So we're destroying all planes so you have to take twice as long to get anywhere, and to give those people who would like to attack you a realistic chance to do so. Oh, but those people that want to attack you, yeah they only exist in bad neighborhoods, which most of you will chose not to travel through anyway. So it's really just to slow you down in hopes that you'll smell the roses. SMELL THE FREAKING ROSES, don't they smell good?"
09/22/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Madìlynn
My opinion, They should have flying mount in the game. And it drops off the mythic end boss of each raid. Then Blizzard can say...there you go, you can fly in WoD now.

Each new raid has a new bad $%^ awesome flying mount. Now lazy people will have to put in effort to be lazy.

Flight's availability should not be tied to instanced crap that is explicitly non-flight.
09/22/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Retaphin
Its a public forum. No one appointed you the moderator of what is allowed. Take thy own advice.

Excellent non-answer from a person who takes it upon herself to characterize a substantial portion of the playerbase as spoiled or lazy, apparently can't conceive that others may have legitimate concerns on the state of the game, patronizes them like children with a pat on the head advice tidbit, and essentially advised them in an earlier post to quit.

Public Forum-wise, that is.
09/22/2014 01:41 PMPosted by Talai
09/22/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Snowfox
Everything anywhere, no matter how small, is the most important thing ever to somebody.

I don't usually dislike what you say Snow but this time I do. This is a huge issue to some people including those I play with a lot (flying wise as was brought up in the OP). It's not a small QoL issue and a lot of people now have zero idea what to do without a flying mount. We could tell them to feel lucky to get a ground mount so cheap at 20 but that solves zero problems.

I'm not weighing in on the flying vs no-flying debate (my personal stance is "don't care)

I'm simply stating that for every possible thing in WoW, every change ever made - it's been the most important thing to somebody out there.

That neither adds nor removes the legitimacy of their complaint.

It's simply an observation that no matter how important or irrelevant WE view something to be - other people will likely see it completely opposite.
This example is absurd, but I suppose I'll run with it. it's like paying $30 a day for a high-quality breakfast in bed each day, and then suddenly the person that was being paid wants me to pay them $30 a day still but they now give me two slices of bread each morning and make toast myself.

Actually, it would be like paying $30 a day for high quality breakfast in bed each day, then one day they give you a free muffin at no charge. Then suddenly They stop giving you the free muffin and you cry that it should be included because you pay your $30 a month.
09/22/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Sazzarian

I don't know, but there are currently 4 pages on a thread that is a non-issue, so take what you will from that.

09/22/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Sazzarian

I don't know, but there are currently 4 pages on a thread that is a non-issue, so take what you will from that.

Complaints in life are kind of funny though. See the people that are unhappy are the only ones that usually give feed back. You don't usually hear the loudest from the happy crowd. They are too busy enjoying.

This often gives a false sense of how big issues really are. Often times there are actually far more happy customers than the unhappy. But all you hear from is the unhappy.

Kind of like with law enforcement officers. People always complain about the bad ones. You don't often hear some one say. Gee I got a ticket from the nicest cop today. Although there are plenty of polite police officers.

I would be interested in seeing the result from a real unbiased poll of wow players to see how big an issue not flying in the expansion really is. We might all be surprised.