Alliance Lore

General Discussion
The leaders of the alliance races need development; they do not do enough to stay relevant. King Varian Wrynn's one liner at the end of SoO was nice; however, it will take more than a statement for people to rally up behind the guy. It does not feel like the Alliance has that much of an impact on the world; instead, it reacts to it. I just watched the Nagrand ending cinematic, which by the way is amazing, and was left wondering why no character in the alliance does something like that. I hope the Alliance does not play a supporting role in this upcoming expansion while Thrall saves the world again ...
How about we just kill Varian?
09/22/2014 12:44 PMPosted by Véxx
Thrall saves the world again ...
09/22/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Felryx

I approve of this.
Undiamonding Magni is all the lore i want.
It does not feel like the Alliance has that much of an impact on the world; instead, it reacts to it.
This is the whole premise of the Alliance. The goal is to keep the peace, not cause chaos. More fighting is not the way to a unified Azeroth, which is what today's Alliance is striving for. We WANT to live with the Horde, peacefully. Not murder them.

The Horde refuse to acknowledge this though, and continue to cause most of the problems on Azeroth. Even if Thrall is a part of them.
Sometimes I wish Night Elves had more lore in the current story, but then I remember the Well of Eternity.

We'd probably just blow something up again.
King Varian Wrynn's one liner at the end of SoO was nice; however, it will take more than a statement for people to rally up behind the guy. It does not feel like the Alliance has that much of an impact on the world; instead, it reacts to it.

You do realize the only reason the other races' leaders don't get screentime is because of Varian and his annoying manspawn.
We should get to kill Jaina in WoD. That's character development.
09/22/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Felryx

He'd make an excellent Forsaken.
I actually like guy- except when he threatened Vol'jin. None of that King Chin. Grrr

Speaking of his famous chin anyone else notice it's not so overly pronounced anymore? Perhaps he invited so many pandas to punch him in the face it's changed the shape. Btw great way to start thing off. XD
09/22/2014 01:02 PMPosted by Jazzai
You do realize the only reason the other races' leaders don't get screentime is because of Varian and his annoying manspawn.
You do realize the only reason Varian gets screen time is because Varian is the leader of the Alliance. You fail to realize this and are no better than Garrosh judging someone because of their race.
Yrel counts, right?

And Velen technically gets development, too.
Alliance Lore

lol
09/22/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Zigbar
This is the whole premise of the Alliance. The goal is to keep the peace, not cause chaos. More fighting is not the way to a unified Azeroth, which is what today's Alliance is striving for. We WANT to live with the Horde, peacefully. Not murder them.

The Horde refuse to acknowledge this though, and continue to cause most of the problems on Azeroth. Even if Thrall is a part of them.

You say this yet your king started the war that led to SoO. He was buttmad about Wrathgate and then declared war on us. The Horde (not Sylvanas but she is the sole exception) wanted peace, same as the Alliance, until King Chin got on the throne. Then king chin's buttrage caused this war. Garrosh answered Varian back with more force than the Alliance could handle and, were it not for the Horde succumbing to in-fighting, our magical, technological, and soldier superiority would have beaten your okay tech and large numbers right into the ground. You lot are just lucky that Blizz made Garrosh go way OOC full-idiot mode.

You Alliance ought to pay better attention to the lore.
09/22/2014 01:02 PMPosted by Jazzai

Pretty much.

If the other races' leaders do get screen time it's purely so they make Varian look better like they did with the night elves and dwarves.

Killing Varian would be the best thing possible for alliance lore.
09/22/2014 01:10 PMPosted by Nebellarae

You say this yet your king started the war that led to SoO. He was buttmad about Wrathgate and then declared war on us. The Horde (not Sylvanas but she is the sole exception) wanted peace, same as the Alliance, until King Chin got on the throne. Then king chin's buttrage caused this war. Garrosh answered Varian back with more force than the Alliance could handle and, were it not for the Horde succumbing to in-fighting, our magical, technological, and soldier superiority would have beaten your okay tech and large numbers right into the ground. You lot are just lucky that Blizz made Garrosh go way OOC full-idiot mode.

Maybe you should take your own advice. A peace treaty was instituted between the Horde and Alliance after the Northrend War. Read The Shattering. Garrosh broke it when he invaded Ashenvale, which is what caused the war.
09/22/2014 01:03 PMPosted by Maegoree
We should get to kill Jaina in WoD. That's character development.

Well at least they gave her some more interesting development in Pandaria with the destruction of Theramore, beforehand she was kind of a dull "ER MER GERD PEACE" kinda person
09/22/2014 01:10 PMPosted by Nebellarae

Oh, don't even start. I can list several things that make Varian killing the Horde to be justified. Even then, he alone did not reignite the war. It was Garrosh. He provoked the Alliance into taking down the walls of Orgimmar. It wasn't just because of Wrathgate. That wasn't even a part of attacking Org. The Alliance attacked Org because YOUR Warchief decided it was a good idea to go for power at the cost of innocent lives. The Alliance protects those that cannot help themselves.

You Horde ought to pay better attention to your lore.
09/22/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Ibiyaa
Maybe you should take your own advice. A peace treaty was instituted between the Horde and Alliance after the Northrend War. Read The Shattering. Garrosh broke it when he invaded Ashenvale, which is what caused the war.

Source? I was not aware of a treaty. I'd genuinely like to read it.

Regardless, I still say the Alliance had it coming.

"Oh, don't even start. I can list several things that make Varian killing the Horde to be justified. Even then, he alone did not reignite the war. It was Garrosh. He provoked the Alliance into taking down the walls of Orgimmar. It wasn't just because of Wrathgate. That wasn't even a part of attacking Org. The Alliance attacked Org because YOUR Warchief decided it was a good idea to go for power at the cost of innocent lives. The Alliance protects those that cannot help themselves.

You Horde ought to pay better attention to your lore."

You're talking Theramore? Baine did warn you. Too bad for you, not everyone heeded it. Our Warchief got the shaft by Blizz making him go wildly OoC and several thousand IQ points lower. But that's neither here nor there. Garrosh did what he thought best for the Horde and was quite AGAINST taking innocent lives up until Blizzard made him go "Hey guys, I'm gonna abandon all that character development I had and start a war with EVERYONE!"

Last I checked, the Alliance wasn't so high and mighty either and the Horde was quite the rescue force itself. The orcs did rescue the Tauren, Trolls, Forsaken, Goblins, and belves.