I am in shock that the NE Males are done..

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
The current models are horrific and I've made jokes about how unforgivably ugly they've been in the past... but the new models looked good enough that I went and made a druid on live in anticipation - I think they look great on beta.

I don't necessarily think my opinion should matter as much as someone who plays one for their main as far as judging likeness goes, but as someone who wouldn't have touched one before they totally fixed the old model's issues. I can't make fun of them for being ugly anymore, I think they look great.

09/24/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Iggies
He looks amazing in beta and the PTR. Subjective opinions are just that.

Very much agreed.
09/24/2014 09:12 AMPosted by Hegemony
I think what the OP is seeing is a first pass that was implemented as a test, and will, through iteration, be fixed in subsequent patch releases as we get closer to the launch date.

I promise you, we're all hoping you are right. I would be over the moon to be able to come back here in a few weeks and admit that I overreacted and was worried about nothing. It's just, that launch date is getting pretty damn close.
OP,

Why would you assume Blizzard would go to Reddit for feed-back on graphics, when they post front page topics specific for that feed-back?

I've seen at least one thread with a blue response, you can go find it since you claim there has been zero response.

The feed-back threads you cited are less than a month old, and the PTR has been up less than that to allow all players to experience the new models/animations and provide comments.

Do you want them to tweak the designs every day and roll-out daily PTR updates, or actually let them review feed-back and make adjustments based on something substantial?

Why would you assume Blizzard would go to Reddit for feed-back on graphics, when they post front page topics specific for that feed-back?

Reddit was one link. I listed many other links too. I was showing a broader picture. Don't cherry pick ONE LINK to suit your argument.

I've seen at least one thread with a blue response, you can go find it since you claim there has been zero response.

Then link me. Don't bring it up then not link it or back it up. I haven't seen any blue response that these current NE models are temporary.

The feed-back threads you cited are less than a month old, and the PTR has been up less than that to allow all players to experience the new models/animations and provide comments.

Of course, I even mentioned that the new models for NE males were released a month ago. Of course the feedback is inside of a month!

Do you want them to tweak the designs every day and roll-out daily PTR updates, or actually let them review feed-back and make adjustments based on something substantial?

What worries me is no artcraft. By now, and certainly by the beta, previous models had an artcraft by now if they appeared on the beta. Maybe thats a good thing, who knows?
09/24/2014 09:03 AMPosted by Almidar
And this is why people dont give constructive feedback anymore.
My post is rated -2 from the trolls. Good job!

You care about downvotes on a wow forum? Go for a run, or read a book, and come back and complain if the models are that messed up at launch.
09/24/2014 08:22 AMPosted by Almidar
09/24/2014 08:18 AMPosted by Twinkerbella

I think you've had enough, sir.

Wow, you completely miss my point, and then downgrade my post where I give constructive feedback? Only on the internet.

You have posted a thread geared to generate Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD). The thread title is a complete fabrication on your part with not basis in fact at all.

This is in no way "constructive criticism", rather it's a troll post to try and rile people up that these are the final models - this is why you're getting down votes, this is why I down voted you.

Could be worse. You could state a factual truth, like I did, and get down voted.
09/24/2014 09:23 AMPosted by Almidar
What worries me is no artcraft. By now, and certainly by the beta, previous models had an artcraft by now if they appeared on the beta. Maybe thats a good thing, who knows?

I figured that was more due to a time constraint seeing how close the expansion is getting but it is odd they didn't get one. Maybe they figured now that the PTR is available everyone can see for themselves first-hand instead of through screenshots and previews.

These forums are very opinionated... not everyone is going to agree with your opinion. It doesn't mean they're trolls.
09/24/2014 09:30 AMPosted by Rixna
09/24/2014 09:23 AMPosted by Almidar

I figured that was more due to a time constraint seeing how close the expansion is getting but it is odd they didn't get one. Maybe they figured now that the PTR is available everyone can see for themselves first-hand instead of through screenshots and previews.

Maybe, also one thing I noticed about the pictures on the artcrafts is that some? (I don't know how many exactly) of the races look very different now than how they were projected to look on the blog
09/24/2014 08:40 AMPosted by Mellisandre
Do you even have a clue how many people on the internet have complained about "migraine headache" casting? Google it, its astonishing.

I Googled "migraine headache casting". Apparently you haven't.

With quotations:

https://www.google.com/search?q=migraine+headache+casting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&q=%22migraine+headache+casting%22

without quotations:

https://www.google.com/search?q=migraine+headache+casting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

did you happen to add "wow" to the end of that google search? bc i did and this is what i found.
with quotations
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22migraine+headache+casting%22+wow&oq=%22migraine+headache+casting%22+wow&gs_l=serp.3...6347.6926.0.7078.4.3.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.53.serp..4.0.0.JMQAkReEG1s
without quotations
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=JlW&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=sb&q=migraine+headache+casting+wow&oq=migraine+headache+casting+wow&gs_l=serp.3...2099.2412.0.2522.4.4.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.54.serp..4.0.0.9sG9FLm9iD0
Boohoo it's only -2

Your first mistake is caring about the rating. It doesn't mean a shat unless you got mass downvoted into oblivion and post buried.

Ever since they enabled the up/down number to public, people take a tiny downvote too seriously.

It's funny and sad at same time.

i find it funny how people report posts they dont like lol. its sad really. cant give feedback without being reported.
Edit: oh lookie i gots the down vote!!!
Wow, you completely miss my point, and then downgrade my post where I give constructive feedback? Only on the internet.

Well yeah - you can't really downgrade posts IRL. Can you?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I Googled "migraine headache casting". Apparently you haven't.

With quotations:

https://www.google.com/search?q=migraine+headache+casting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&q=%22migraine+headache+casting%22

without quotations:

https://www.google.com/search?q=migraine+headache+casting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

did you happen to add "wow" to the end of that google search? bc i did and this is what i found.
with quotations
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22migraine+headache+casting%22+wow&oq=%22migraine+headache+casting%22+wow&gs_l=serp.3...6347.6926.0.7078.4.3.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.53.serp..4.0.0.JMQAkReEG1s
without quotations
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=JlW&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=sb&q=migraine+headache+casting+wow&oq=migraine+headache+casting+wow&gs_l=serp.3...2099.2412.0.2522.4.4.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.54.serp..4.0.0.9sG9FLm9iD0

Oh, you're right, by adding "wow" to the search parameters (which he didn't say to google, btw) you got ALL THEM 4 RESULTS!

EDIT: One of which is THIS thread, and another is not on this topic. LOL
09/24/2014 10:00 AMPosted by Mellisandre
Oh, you're right, by adding "wow" to the search parameters (which he didn't say to google, btw) you got ALL THEM 4 RESULTS!

EDIT: One of which is THIS thread, and another is not on this topic. LOL

at the bottom it says "In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 4 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included."
please click this sir/madaam
Edit: nvm..they are all the same results now that i look at it...
09/24/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Hugep
Edit: nvm..they are all the same results now that i look at it...

lol... I laugh, but simultaneously appreciate your candor.
09/24/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Almidar
I have always known Blizzard as having a seal of quality with everything they produce.

You mean like the WC3 protagonists' believable and well-plotted fall to villainy in TBC?
I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person who likes the male night elf headache casting animation.

Male NE arcane mages are awesome, especially when they used mirror images.

It's not that I think it's such a cool animation so much as I think it's a hilarious one. I'll be sad to see it go away.
09/24/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Sweetspring
I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person who likes the male night elf headache casting animation.

I don't mind it at all. It's much more preferable to the worgen male's "juggling my two IQ digits" casting animation.