Internet Goes OUT on WOD DAY

General Discussion
Probably be happy because then I won't have to deal with first day expansion crowding and the epic lag fest.
I will be in Vegas when it releases so I will be sleeping in, relaxing, drinking, gambling, and watching a Cirque du Soleil show that night. =)
See if bill is paid. If it is, see if there was a t-storm or bad rainfall the night before or recently. If so, wait for ~three days. It's usually not out completely but has trouble staying connected. if it is completely out, our electricity is totally off. If that's the case, then read a book, goof around, etc.

Either way, I'd wait it out, nbd. The worst part of that would be not being able to Skype people consistently or at all, but that's about it. tbh I wouldn't be rushing to start zones the second I log in, but do old raids/dungeons until the initial rush dies down a bit or at off-peak hours if the net wasn't down.
Usually don't do new expansion content on release day. Just too chaotic and too many players to really enjoy the game. So I wouldn't be that upset about missing the game. I'd be more upset about losing streaming video for a day. Luckily my internet is fairly stable even though it is through Time Warner. Everything is underground so unless there is a big earthquake or rain storm, it probably won't go out. Since my area of Southern California hasn't had a big rain storm in 3 years, I only have to worry about an earthquake.
I haven't even gotten MoP yet... So IDK go to a bar? Not care?
09/23/2014 08:06 AMPosted by Fearing
What would you do if your internet went out on the day WOD was going to be released?

This happend back in MOP on an old account and i was so mad! that i contacted the internet company and paid a guy to come out 3 days later for $100 to fix it! what would you guys do?

I *might* use smartphone tethering. But I think I am willing to wait it out. Most likely launch day will be filled with extreme network problems like disconnections, queues, and severe lag.
cry
PREMIUM FAP TIME.
Pff, first day the servers will be crapped out anyway. Regardless, I'm taking a week off because I can.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not requesting days off / annual leave / LoA or even using vacation days to play a video game, don't get all "That's so sad" on me. I live at home and can pay for any payments I have with 2 weeks of work at minimal hours (20 or so / week for 2 weeks), and we choose our own schedules, we are no longer given a schedule every week.
I would try to fix it myself first and find out exactly what the issue is. Being an internet tech rep myself, I despise calling tech support for anything. When I know the issue pertains to my DSLAM or an outside conduit, I think, "F***!!! I'm doomed!"
RIOT!! the world will no longer be safe!!!

on a more serious note, I would go read whatever book I will be in the middle of, then go to the humane society and play with a giant Rottweiler that has a slobbering issue.
Work some puzzles (I love puzzles), work on the house, go out shopping.

Plenty of stuff =p
09/23/2014 08:33 AMPosted by Khalila
As opposed to the logon servers crashing again? Been there done that.

And got the T-shirt....
Well considering I work using the internet...that will be a very bad day. I can deal not having internet to play WoW. Not being able to work? Yeah...that's way worse.
I have a choice between comcast and verizon and neither of them are reliable...
09/23/2014 08:11 AMPosted by Äsha
Meh. I'd do the same thing I do any other time the internet is down. Read a book, bake some cookies, play something offline on my 3DS, go out and weed my flower beds, do some extra housework I've been putting off, whatever. I haven't raided beyond LFR in forever, I'm not going to be especially impacted by not being there for the mad crush of opening day leveling.

Can I live with you?
Dealing with the crowd is really no different than having no internet.

09/23/2014 08:29 AMPosted by Vail
I remember on MoP opening night and that stupid helicopter quest. Took like 4 hours to complete it because of how many people were doing it at once.

See this as an example.
Buy a new one? Feel the same way I did when both of my hard drives went out hours before Wrath's midnight release?

09/23/2014 09:37 AMPosted by Isaddin
Dealing with the crowd is really no different than having no internet.

09/23/2014 08:29 AMPosted by Vail
I remember on MoP opening night and that stupid helicopter quest. Took like 4 hours to complete it because of how many people were doing it at once.

See this as an example.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/jg1k4y.jpg Most humorously annoying part of my WoW career.