Leveling Lulls

General Discussion
I'm trying to level a few alts before WoD and I've hit that dreaded leveling lull where literally everything about questing and exp grinding bores me. So, forums, what do you guys do when you hit that leveling lull to make it more fun?
I usually cry myself to sleep, play a different toon for 2-3 weeks, then force myself to finish Hellfire Peninsula.
Pet battles.
I just que for dungeons, until lvl 80 or so, you can go a level or 2 in one dungeon with heirlooms or rested exp.

Or..
-Make new friends
-Level professions
-Random Dance parties
-Run up to someone in home city and yell, "TAG!"
-Go to a harder zone, zones aren't what they used to be, at lvl 70 I was fighting in zones like Terrokar, just leveling skinning and mining. I enjoyed being able to aggro from 700 yards away. :)

Take a break and grind out a faction, visit a zone you haven't seen in a LONG time. Going into hillsbarad foothills the other day for me was like a time warp, I hadn't realized how long it had been, it was quite enjoyable just running around.

Or.. Make another toon. :)

good luck!
I instantly thought this was going to be about Lull.

I generally grind instances. If I had a second monitor (which I will one day) I'd watch something on Netflix or YouTube while doing mind-numbing quests. I also wish grinding was viable in WoW, as I enjoy doing it while I listen to music, a podcast, a comedy show, or watching something. It's what I did in classic and I loved it.
What level are you at? I do different things depending on the zone.
I solo instances to level cap from 15-90 on my alts. It's fun, teaches you mechanics, let's you get 5x normal loot/xp, and lets you really learn your class. Feels pretty epic as well, and works with any class. You can also solo some raids at level which is incredibly fun.
09/25/2014 09:01 AMPosted by Karat
I usually cry myself to sleep, play a different toon for 2-3 weeks, then force myself to finish Hellfire Peninsula.

09/25/2014 09:15 AMPosted by Boatmurdered
I solo instances to level cap from 15-90 on my alts

Seriously? I mean I understand low levels...sure but can you really solo the dungeons from 60 to 90? I might have to try that on an some alts.
09/25/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Kunaichi

I solo instances to level cap from 15-90 on my alts

Seriously? I mean I understand low levels...sure but can you really solo the dungeons from 60 to 90? I might have to try that on an some alts.

Word

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13349905031?page=1
I know how you feel. I tried to level a mage before MoP launched and I GOT BURNED OUT. When MoP launched I haaaaaated questing because I tried to power level my mage. Big mistake.

09/25/2014 09:21 AMPosted by Twinkerbella
If you're bored, twink your character and PVP. It's hilarious :D

Twinking is dead, I'm one of the few survivors! Sadly blizz thought they were helping twinks but they effectively killed them off. No one queues for BGs anymore. Twinks don't want to fight twinks we want to flex our gigantic epeens by smashing those inferior to us.
09/25/2014 09:41 AMPosted by Faxenus
Twinking is dead,

We WoD now sukka

Twinks don't want to fight twinks

wrong :P

we want to flex our gigantic epeens by smashing those inferior to us.

I do this in random bgs on my main
09/25/2014 09:04 AMPosted by Hippeaux
Pet battles.
Ugh, I know what you mean! 60-68 and 87-90 are where I kept losing interest, or felt like I was going to be leveling FOREVER. I pet battled, like Hippeaux already mentioned, and I would go to Caverns of Time and look around, it was relaxing for me!

I also did PvP when dungeons were miserable, I just put on some heavy music and "wrecked shop", as my little brother would say! :)

It also helps if you level with a friend. I leveled with my girlfriend and it really does make it go faster (especially if they keep pushing you to the next level, like she did!)

Good luck, and happy leveling! :3

This, mostly.
I've got two alts sitting at 85, waiting for me to get my spriest up to there so I can start leveling all three of them at the same time, just alternating them when they get to a new zone or get boring (and for some reason that helps me get through it), but I always get a hankering to play my mw on a different server...
09/25/2014 09:21 AMPosted by Twinkerbella
09/25/2014 08:58 AMPosted by Sinola
I'm trying to level a few alts before WoD and I've hit that dreaded leveling lull where literally everything about questing and exp grinding bores me. So, forums, what do you guys do when you hit that leveling lull to make it more fun?

That hasn't happened to me since Vanilla, when the game was slow and boring for a lot of classes. Everything's so fast now. I just BG and dungeon my way up lately. I haven't done any old-world questing since Cata, since all my memories are useless now.

If you're bored, twink your character and PVP. It's hilarious :D

Boring is subjective. The OP isn't talking about when you literally had to grind mobs because there were no quests or instances. She's just talking about how everything INCLUDING the quests feels like a grind because it's boring.
I solo instances to level cap from 15-90 on my alts. It's fun, teaches you mechanics, let's you get 5x normal loot/xp, and lets you really learn your class. Feels pretty epic as well, and works with any class. You can also solo some raids at level which is incredibly fun.

I've been doing this on my DK while leveling him. It's pretty fun. I just go until my rested EXP runs out and then come back a few days later and go at it some more.
Pet battles for ones I really don't want to level but thanks to proffs/ rep-required recipes I have to. Ugh hate that shammy so very very much. >:(
Hellfire? TBC leveling range is a joke now. Probably takes no more then ten hours to go from 58 to 68 with heirlooms. Pandaria is the real grind.
Level your alt without a single heirloom.

Quests become challenging, drops and quests rewards become useful, you can practice your rotation. Yes it takes a little longer but you'll feel like actually playing a game.