I don't Understand the shape shifting change.

General Discussion
"Travel Form now automatically transitions between Aquatic, Land, and Flight forms depending on the Druid’s location."

does this mean say im in hellfire it will automatically put me in flight form? and I wont be able to go into cat or cheetah form? and it will force me to use that form?

or does it just automatically put me in that form but I can change my mind at anytime?
As I understand it, if you're in travel form on the ground, it'll still be the cheetah, but if you jump it'll automatically switch you to the bird.
09/26/2014 10:39 PMPosted by Karat
As I understand it, if you're in travel form on the ground, it'll still be the cheetah, but if you jump it'll automatically switch you to the bird.

oh I see well thats stupid. what if I want to stay in cheetah form cause I like the way it looks? or im lvling with a lowbie and I just want to stay on the ground....

I dont have a druid but I am leveling one so I can see how this would piss people off now.

thats stupid blizzard. atleast give us an option to turn it off.
No more running and jumping along the ground for fun? What if i have a passenger sitting on my back and i go to jump over an obstacle? What a stupid system lol

You wish.

If you can fly in the area, flight form.
If you're in water, aquatic. form.
Otherwise stag.

Unfortunately, it leads to situations where if you want to stag in a flight zone, you can't.

Wrong, if you are in a zone with flight enables you will be put in bird, if you are in a zone without flight you will be put in stag/cheetah.

If you want to use cheetah form in a zone with flight enabled this can no longer be done.
09/26/2014 10:43 PMPosted by Tharama

You wish.

Otherwise stag.

Unfortunately, it leads to situations where if you want to stag in a flight zone, you can't.

WOW now thats !@#$ing stupid. correct me if im wrong but u can not fight in flight form?

who the hell came up with this idea? if it forces u to use one form that is going to get very annoying real quick
09/26/2014 10:46 PMPosted by Sheon
09/26/2014 10:43 PMPosted by Tharama

You wish.

Otherwise stag.

WOW now thats !@#$ing stupid. correct me if im wrong but u can not fight in flight form?

who the hell came up with this idea? if it forces u to use one form that is going to get very annoying real quick

And now you understand the frustration people have right now.

It's also mandatory, you need to use a glyph slot to give you the option to pick between flight and stag.

And Blizzard's CM defended the change recently so... :/
09/26/2014 10:44 PMPosted by Bryxn

Wrong, if you are in a zone with flight enables you will be put in bird, if you are in a zone without flight you will be put in stag/cheetah.

If you want to use cheetah form in a zone with flight enabled this can no longer be done.

Thanks I got it now. wow that is so stupid........... FU Blizz
When you hit travel form, you will have flight or in areas that ban flying, stag/cheetah, depending on your choice of glyphs. On the other hand, if you go into water, you will change into aquatic form automatically. When you jump out of water, you can fly or are in travel form - though sometimes it registers as canceling the form altogether for some reason. :/

You can use a minor glyph slot to change it back to all of them on the bar* (I believe) before the change, afaik.

Not entirely sure if it's max flying only, as I've heard here and there, or not since I'm mainly playing a druid on the beta that I didn't port, but I can try to port over my 85 one and see if it's the case, since his flight skill isn't maxed out.
I am no druid yet but the way I see it is this

Blizzard wants you to play a druid this way if you want to play your own way your SOL.

Sorry Blizzard I pay my 15$ a month and u sure as hell can not tell me how to play.

this is a stupid !@# change so I join now with the other Druids that I do not approve of this.
Does all this forced shifting remind you at all of that silly incompetent druid you have to take questing with you in the plaguelands?
Lol I love that quest

Let's go mon