Treasure Room Achievement -> Feat of Strength

General Discussion
1 2 3 20 Next
In WoW Patch 6.0.2, we will be retiring the Achievement In The Hall Of The Thunder King, as the treasure room will no longer be accessible. That achievement will become a Feat of Strength, and Elder Charm of Good Fortune will drop in place of the key to the room.
So if I don't use all my keys by then, they'll just disappear and I can't use them?
I don't understand, what is the point of this?
09/30/2014 05:41 PMPosted by Hippeaux
So if I don't use all my keys by then, they'll just disappear and I can't use them?

No, you can still keep using them, per twitter conversation.

and Elder Charm of Good Fortune will drop in place of the key to the room
Drop an elder charm? Just 1? The key was worth 20 of them. Surely you can drop more than 1?
...But why? D:
Why?
09/30/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Omegal
09/30/2014 05:41 PMPosted by Hippeaux

No, you can still keep using them, per twitter conversation.

Drop an elder charm? Just 1? The key was worth 20 of them. Surely you can drop more than 1?

Cool. I've been hoarding them for a year now trying to get up the courage to go in alone. : \
09/30/2014 05:37 PMPosted by Kaivax
In WoW Patch 6.0.2, we will be retiring the Achievement [url="http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8106/in-the-hall-of-the-thunder-king"]In The Hall Of The Thunder King[/url], as the treasure room will no longer be accessible. That achievement will become a Feat of Strength, and [url="http://www.wowhead.com/currency=697"]Elder Charm of Good Fortune[/url] will drop in place of the key to the room.

So, the achievement is being removed from the Stormbreaker meta-achievement? Might have to get around to finishing up the last ones I need for that...

Although, I don't see much point in removing the treasure run entirely. Is it because, at 100, none of the traps/enemies pose a threat for loot running?
09/30/2014 05:43 PMPosted by Wua
...But why? D:

They don't want people to feel like they have to go do old content to make money.
So you're removing all sources that give gold?
09/30/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Kelvv
So you're removing all sources that give gold?

I think WoD content will still give gold. I'm assuming this is like past efforts to make sure that older content is not more rewarding than current content.
Removal is addictive. No other reason for doing it.
09/30/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Quard
09/30/2014 05:43 PMPosted by Wua
...But why? D:

They don't want people to feel like they have to go do old content to make money.

That ^ .And because it will be extremely easy to breeze through it at level 100.
09/30/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Doomclan
Although, I don't see much point in removing the treasure run entirely. Is it because, at 100, none of the traps/enemies pose a threat for loot running

They already don't. That scenario was tuned around 502 geared characters. or LFR level Throne of Thunder gear. SoO gear trivializes it massively.

I do suspect character power at 100 had something to do with it, probably concern about it being too efficient to farm gold. Although they could have just nerfed the gold into oblivion.
How much can you remove from an expansion before it becomes a contraction?
09/30/2014 05:49 PMPosted by Ansme
09/30/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Quard

That ^ .And because it will be extremely easy to breeze through it at level 100.

Yea, because its not like they don't have gear / mob adjusting tech... /rolls eyes
09/30/2014 05:49 PMPosted by Omegal
09/30/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Doomclan
Although, I don't see much point in removing the treasure run entirely. Is it because, at 100, none of the traps/enemies pose a threat for loot running

They already don't. That scenario was tuned around 502 geared characters. or LFR level Throne of Thunder gear. SoO gear trivializes it massively.

I do suspect character power at 100 had something to do with it, probably concern about it being too efficient to farm gold. Although they could have just nerfed the gold into oblivion.

Or scaled ilvl down to current levels?
09/30/2014 05:47 PMPosted by Moradìm
scenarios removed

legendary questline removed

you guys are quickly running out of MoP content to get rid of. what is the purpose of this change? it doesnt affect level 100 gameplay at all.

I'm starting to think all the "lol pandas" talk got to Blizzard and they wound up feeling ashamed of MoP, so now they want to remove as much of it as they can so people don't get reminded of such an "embarrassing" expansion.

Granted, that explanation doesn't make a lot of sense. But neither do the official ones.

*Shrug.*

09/30/2014 05:53 PMPosted by Nerdraging
How much can you remove from an expansion before it becomes a contraction?

Oh, I've been calling WoD a contraction for months.

Fun fact: The StarCraft devs originally planned to remove several units in Heart of the Swarm, but abandoned the idea after it received a lot of negative feedback, saying that it didn't feel right for an expansion to remove things.

Too bad the WoW devs don't feel the same.