6.0 Raid Lockout Question - Starting Boss?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Does anyone know how the starting boss on Normal/Heroic raid lockouts will work when 6.0 drops?

e.g. If you hop into an ongoing raid that is 4/14 completed and kill through 8/14, if you form another raid group later in the week and are the raid leader, will you be starting on Malkorok? Or will it start you fresh on Immerseus since you didn't kill the first 4?

If anyone has any info on this it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I guess an easier way of asking this is if we will be starting after the Last boss you killed vs. starting at the First boss you haven't killed?
Was there ever confirmation that SoO's lockouts would also use the loot lockout system? As I recall it was only ever said that Flex was becoming normal, normal was becoming Heroic, and Heroic was becoming Mythic (with the size constraints in place for Mythic;, the rest being flexible).
this'd be good to know.

I believe in WoD Normal/Heroic have current flex lockout-like raid locks, but it'd be good to know what 6.0 will be like.
Most of the info about this from Blizzard is from April or May. I had assumed by us losing current heroic 10-man we would at least get to enjoy the other benefits of the new system immediately with 6.0 but I haven't heard anything definite. e.g. Being able to help carry several groups of friends through Garrosh in a week on one toon rather than having to relearn all of my toons in such a short time span would be a big plus.
Yea, they've unfortunately not said much about how that will work in the 6.0 to WoD period. Though they are unfortunately doing away with the queueing system for Normal (formerly Flex). So, that's going to be interesting.
I saw it in a post on either WoWhead or another forum, but it said that Heroic (currently normal) and Mythic (currently heroic) will have separate lockouts.

edit:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=243432/guide-to-whats-coming-in-the-warlords-of-draenor-6-0-2-prepatch

Each difficulty will have its own weekly lockout. Heroic and Mythic are not on the same lockout for social and technical reasons.
Thanks. Looks like things should go live Tuesday hopefully. Some friends and I are planning to do some lockout testing to see the details and parameters of how it works. I will post the results here when we have them.
What I was mostly wondering about was based upon the loot-based lockouts referred to here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13942448/dev-watercooler-raiding-azeroth-part-3-warlords-of-draenor-4-30-2014

There's been a few posts from blizzard starting in late 2013 up through may 2014 that started referring to loot-based lockouts vs. boss-based lockouts and that 6.0 would have Normal/Heroic difficulties working on loot-based lockouts (you can kill the boss more than once but only get loot once) and mythic on boss-based (you can only kill the boss once a week). I distinctly remember reading something about them wanting to encourage people to be able to help friends clear raids by being able to run them more than once, even if you only get loot one time.

Unfortunately there's been no new info on this as of late.

We did a bunch of tests today on the lockouts for normal difficulty (10/14/14). Here were the results:
-The raid will start at the first boss the farthest person along did not kill. e.g. if 1 person in the raid has cleared the first 6, you will start on boss 7, regardless of what the leader is at.

-If you kill later bosses while skipping the early ones, you will enter a new raid on the early bosses. e.g. if you kill the last 2 bosses and are raid lead for a fresh group, your raid will start on the first boss. I have no clue what will happen when you get to the last 2 bosses for a second time.

-If person that has cleared 14/14 joins a new raid, they will cause everyone to enter the raid in the paragons room with all bosses dead. If you start a fresh run and invite the person that is 14/14 to the group, they will enter the raid on Immerseus, but they will be in a different instance from you.

So it looks like the loot-based lockout structure is not implemented and we probably won't be able to kill the same boss multiple times on normal/heroic.
The loot-based lockouts should be in place on Normal or Heroic for Siege of Orgrimmar, and should work a lot like Flex partial clears did in 5.4: based on the leader's lockout, with bosses despawned from the start until reaching the first one the leader hasn't killed (so, e.g. if a leader has done Immerseus and Norushen but somehow was not saved to Protectors, their instance would begin with Immerseus dead, but Protectors and Norushen still alive).

More or less, you should be able to pick up where you left off in Normal or Heroic, and if you enter a different instance where a boss you've already killed still lives, you can help out but you won't get loot.

From the above, it sounds like there may be some bugs here. It's a complex system, and a big part of why we converted Siege of Orgrimmar to use the new system in 6.0 was to make entirely certain that we work out any glitches before Draenor raids commence. We'll look into it.
For another data point, we had a group clear 13/14 on new heroic, then had a few people swap to their mains for Garrosh. When they zoned in they zoned in after Immerseus into a different instance (Protectors were still alive). Neither had killed Immerseus on new heroic already.
Thank you for the response. It's good to know that is not how things are supposed to be and hopefully it'll be ironed out soon.
I'm not sure if this is Working as intended

I ended up spending a couple hours in a (new normal) run, not killing garrosh and I can't even use my lockout to get a better group.

I joined a group on Iron Jug, skipping the first 5. We cleared to Thok without a wipe, most in the group being over geared for this difficulty level. We get to Garrosh and the instance server crashed, when we logged back in I zoned in and because I had not killed Immersius it put me in a fresh instance. Then someone that had a full lockout came back on. We zoned out, reset, and he zoned in for Garrosh only. Clear trash and start again.

Then we proceeded to wipe for an hour on flex garrosh because people don't know how to play their classes anymore, and I went to bed. Now I can't use my lockout to get a group and kill garry because the instance puts me at Immersius.
I had an experience, I don't know if this is as intended.

Joined a group, we cleared to Sha.

Server crashed.

Joined another group at Gal. Cleared to Spoils.

Group crashed.

Tried to create a group, was on Sha. Okay, makes since.

Joined a group, killed Sha.

so at this point, I was cleared in aggregate to spoils.

Created a group, it dropped me into Sha.

Should this not put me to spoils? or is it tied to the old concept of "Raid ID"

The super annoying part of this is the only thing I really wanted to do is the concept of flex 4, instead was having to power through the whole thing, but that's a different thread.

I appreciate the concept that this may not be as intended. Hope to hear a fix soon.
10/15/2014 07:00 AMPosted by Raidboss
I'm not sure if this is Working as intended

I ended up spending a couple hours in a (new normal) run, not killing garrosh and I can't even use my lockout to get a better group.

I joined a group on Iron Jug, skipping the first 5. We cleared to Thok without a wipe, most in the group being over geared for this difficulty level. We get to Garrosh and the instance server crashed, when we logged back in I zoned in and because I had not killed Immersius it put me in a fresh instance. Then someone that had a full lockout came back on. We zoned out, reset, and he zoned in for Garrosh only. Clear trash and start again.

Then we proceeded to wipe for an hour on flex garrosh because people don't know how to play their classes anymore, and I went to bed. Now I can't use my lockout to get a group and kill garry because the instance puts me at Immersius.

This is working exactly as intended.
10/15/2014 07:15 AMPosted by Taluun
That would be unfortunate, and would certainly sway my response the next time I'm asked to come help in instances I don't need gear from.
It would be lovely if Flex (new "Normal") raids had a lockout like Normal (new "Heroic") raids that is extendable into the next week. It's annoying to have to restart the wing from scratch every week when nobody needs anything from the first 2 bosses.
10/15/2014 08:25 AMPosted by Aestas
It would be lovely if Flex (new "Normal") raids had a lockout like Normal (new "Heroic") raids that is extendable into the next week. It's annoying to have to restart the wing from scratch every week when nobody needs anything from the first 2 bosses.

From the information on the raid tab, it does indeed look like you can extend your lock out.
10/15/2014 07:51 AMPosted by Raidboss
10/15/2014 07:15 AMPosted by Taluun
That would be unfortunate, and would certainly sway my response the next time I'm asked to come help in instances I don't need gear from.

It's just starting you on the first boss you haven't killed. You helping people out in their instance didn't negatively effect that; you just didn't gain a partially cleared ID for yourself.

You can still always have someone who's legitimately 8/14 or whatever join the raid you want to form and zone in first, right?
10/15/2014 08:50 AMPosted by Slyverius
You can still always have someone who's legitimately 8/14 or whatever join the raid you want to form and zone in first, right?
Yes but I (and the person I was carrying) have cleared to garrosh and wanted to kill him. But since neither of us have killed Immersius we'll probably have to slog through other bosses that will no longer provide loot to get that last kill. Whereas a heroic or mythic lockout would let us start where we intended to be.

I can appreciate not losing the loot on those other bosses, but in this case it doesn't work in our favor.
same type of issue on my DK last night.
killed heroic spoils and thok only last night, i left at siegecrafter.
later with guild decided to use my lockout to skip to siegecrafter, when we zoned in with me as leader we all started at immerseus.
tried to enter raid by myself and was ported to siege, but the pop up that i am not in group came up and it ported me out of instance. went back in, at siege, invited guildies to try and hold lockout before it kicked me again, and they zoned into a fresh instance.
we finally decided to just to clear the instance fresh, but no one in guild needed anything from first 8 bosses so it was a waste of time. ended up having so many DC issues due to patch that we only cleared to naz in two hours, a little worried that when we jump into raid thursday to finish it out we are going to start at immerseus again.