Aimed shot while moving??

Hunter
I can't get over this, moving while casting aimed shot just takes away so much of what the shot is supposed to be about. how can you possibly land an aimed shot while jumping and running around and not staying still. when you cast an aimed shot you assume to stand still and take the shot seriously, you don't see archers fooling around when trying to hit the bull's eye. they put all their effort in assuring the shot hits the mark, and you have talents like careful aim to emphasize it even more, yet your doing saumer saults, twirls while still landing these carefully aimed aimed shot. it sounds ridiculous and it give me a bad taste in my mouth that i need to spit out. those who take the glyph just cause its a dps increase should be ashamed of yourself. and now they are going to make this play style inherit to the spec in WoD.

they should just make Aimed shot instant while your moving similar to how they were in wrath but also have it deal less damage and cost less focus so we essencially keep our "arcane shots" on the move.

if they want they can even change its icon and call it quick shot, while you move.

and just to make it clearer; in this fashion aimed shot will still remain Aimed shot. with its ~3 sec cast time and ~50 focus cost but only while you stand still. when you move it changes to the instant version.
[edit:also the new mastery should always benefit this standing still aimed shot since you're sacrificing your mobility in order to use it.]
It is a video game dude. Do u ever really see warlocks? What about dragons? I get your point you can't aim if u are moving but honestly stop trying to relate it to real life.
You are aware the way sims are looking, focusing shot is ideal for MM, and couple that with sniper training dropping if you are moving for more than 3 seconds, MM is already behaving like a caster. And you want Aimed shot to be instant and deal less damage when moving?

You do realize you are asking for MM hunters to become just as dependent on standing still as all other casters are becoming right? MM is already getting a mobility nerf, and here you are demanding for it to be worse.
It is a video game dude. Do u ever really see warlocks? What about dragons? I get your point you can't aim if u are moving but honestly stop trying to relate it to real life.

i know it's a video game, but they should at least try to make it make sense, i understand things are in the game the way they are because its a work in progress, and they make changes in order to fix problems which is how we got to the current build after 10 years of development, but they should aim to make what they say they are making if i choose to play a marksman hunter, i should feel like im playing a markman hunter, and guess what a marksman hunter is in reference to , that "real life" thing you were trying to dismiss. and things don't have to be exactly the same as real life but at least get the concept of "aimed shot" right, might as well call it something else.

and i don't understand your point about do I see warlocks or dragons. there are satanic cults however and you can probably find a book and read about warlocks, it doesnt have to really exist its already an established concept everybody knows what a dragon is w/o having ever seen them in real life. just like there is no such thing as numbers in real life they are just well recognized concepts that anyone can recognize.

@Eurugan <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<\/
not sure what focusing shot has to do with this at this point, well to the rest of your comment
"And you want Aimed shot to be instant and deal less damage when moving?"
isn't that the whole philosophy behind Blizz. "stand still so you deal more damage" in other words you move you get penalized with less damage. i certainly don't think it would make sense to have the [instant aimed shots] while moving deal as much damage as the [3 sec cast time aimed shot] so the instant ones need to deal less if they are to keep the casted ones as the way to maximize your damage.
however you did mention that sniper training falls off so that would mean there are 2 moving penalties now so i think i get you. well they will just have to make it so that Aimed shot always benefits from the sniper training (or mastery) and it would make perfect sense since you have to be standing still to cast this aimed shot.
This thread makes me want to cry.
10/07/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Armyn
What about dragons?

Not since the Dragon Campaign~
People in combat have to take well aimed shots while on the move, so why not on a video game.
This thread makes me want to cry..

hmm what's a cat's favorite color?
People in combat have to take well aimed shots while on the move, so why not on a video game.

fighting logic with logic eh? makes sense.
when have you seen a sniper take aim while moving? it's surely not going to be well aimed, and in general if someone was to shoot while moving it would be harder to hit the intended target, sure they can probably do it but it wouldn't be as effective as standing still..

@Eurugan<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<\/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now there’s still something that bothers you about this idea and its what I said about the instant version of aimed shot doing less damage. after a minute of using each they should come out at about the same for as long as sniper training is up. the difference will mainly come from the fact that instant Aimed shot can not benefit from haste where casted aimed shot still can.

But if sniper training falls off and you decide to stick to the instant version then the damage difference should be more noticeable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And just to recap on how this aimed shot should work;

it's going to have 2 sides or versions in the same ability a standing still version and a moving version.

standing still version is exactly as how aimed shot works now except mastery will directly increase it's damage stead of relying on sniper training but it can ONLY be used while standing still. (it will also serve as a catalyst to proccing the sniper training buff for the rest of your shots.

when you move the ability will change it will become instant but deal less damage and cost less but this version can only be used while you move. it is essencially arcane shot built into aimed shot, but they can call it what ever they see fit and change it's icon when it becomes instant.
10/07/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Leorina
10/07/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Armyn
What about dragons?

Not since the Dragon Campaign~

It's a well known fact that Draco was the last dragon and that he sacrificed himself to save a human. But they say that if you look at a clear sky at night, you can still see him watching over us.
10/07/2014 09:28 PMPosted by Farsightrx
when have you seen a sniper take aim while moving? it's surely not going to be well aimed, and in general if someone was to shoot while moving it would be harder to hit the intended target, sure they can probably do it but it wouldn't be as effective as standing still..

It's called "Aimed Shot". Since I've been shooting guns all my life I can say that yes, you can aim on the run. It is not called "Sniper Shot".

Focus shot is exactly what you're asking for. It even has a name that makes you think it should be cast while standing still.
10/08/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Yousketai
It's a well known fact that Draco was the last dragon and that he sacrificed himself to save a human. But they say that if you look at a clear sky at night, you can still see him watching over us.

Pah that's just a myth!
people in gun fights (who aren't snipers hiding out at a long distance) have to hide behind cover if they want to live a while. When they look out around the cover, they are going to be moving, and have to aim, shoot, and be back behind cover quickly. darting out, aiming while standing still, shooting, and getting back behind cover is asking to get shot themselves, aiming while moving from cover to cover and shooting before ducking down is much safer as it forces the enemy to have to aim at a moving target themselves.

Also, you still got to aim in order to hit something even if you have an automatic machine gun or a shot gun, you just don't need to work as hard or be as accurate if you are at close range, still got to aim though.

Aimed shot could be akin to pulling the gun up to the shoulder, aiming down the sights, and firing braced a bit, still not taking long, where as most shots would be more along the lines of shooting from the hip.
While we're on this "must be realistic" train of thought, should we also get damage penalties based on weather, distance, firing position, ergonomics, injuries, and encumbrance? Why is getting a headshot on a behemoth like Patchwerk just as hard as hitting a gnome in the head at the same distance? What do hunters who use apes as pets deal with an 800 lb ball of horny gorilla when the females go into heat? Why do hunters wear mail armor when it's so much more sensible to wear something that isn't bulky, like cloth? Do hunters actually have pooper scoopers on hand when walking around town, and why not, because it we want to be realistic, it might make a wonderful minigame called "put realism into the game, will you? here's a poopy scoopy, now get moving, thanks to a fight with a warlock, your spirit beast has a severe case of incontinence!"

What exactly is the difference between a channeled shot like steady shot that hits like a wet noodle and a channeled shot like aimed shot like a pencil-sized mack truck? Are hunters thinking "AIM HARDER!" or something? Is that our magic - that we can magically make an arrow hit a man-sized target harder than Paul Walker on a drift simply by squinting our eyes, holding that arrow for an extra second, and muttering "aim harder aim harder aim harder" under our breaths?

Does anyone know where we're getting our bullets, where our quivers are, or why it should be considered a marvel that we can move and shoot like an Olympic biathlete while shouting commands at our pet from 40 yards away?

Or should we stop being trollish and just admit it's all part of the game?
In addition to all of the above. It's a game.

Gameplay trumps all.
10/08/2014 11:39 PMPosted by Kabbie
"put realism into the game, will you? here's a poopy scoopy, now get moving, thanks to a fight with a warlock, your spirit beast has a severe case of incontinence!"
Funny, my pet has the opposite problem with eating locks. Apparently they're a very binding diet. =p

*flees!*
10/07/2014 01:42 PMPosted by Farsightrx
those who take the glyph just cause its a dps increase should be ashamed of yourself. and now they are going to make this play style inherit to the spec in WoD.

Just to verify you think people should be ashamed of using something available to them that is extremely useful just because you seem to have a reality crisis with a video game? Also how are they making that playstyle inherent to the spec in WoD when the MASTERY of the spec, the bread and butter of it counters such a remark? 6.0 is dropping next week, it's a little late to complain about the state of the game at this point when it's all about to change.
First off; I ask that you never get over this and petition Blizzard. You can start by refusing to play at all and by refusing to grace the boards with your presence until change has been made.

That being said whether you are aware of it or not in 6.0 MM gets a new mastery that increases range and damage done by all shots whilst not moving for a few seconds. Now as it IS a mastery, and I doubt Blizzard would just give us a dumb passive considering how much they're trying to cut down on, I would consider this a new mechanic for MM. Think of it as the baseline of this spec is it try to figure out a way to weave the inherent mobility of the hunter spec combined with the power and precision of an immobile turret, constantly dancing between the two.

But to poke at one (of the many) chinks in your "armor" (which is mail btw surprised you didn't open your argument as to why hyper mobile rangers wear heavy armor) should I feel like vomiting after tanking as my BrewMaster all night? When I play a druid should I refuse to take any quests that kill natural life? It sounds to me as if the problem is more that you didn't pick an RP server, NOT that blizzard hasn't tried to accommodate silliness. 25$ For the next FP to MoonGuard pal. You can play any way you want, but don't expect to clear HGarry doing it. Per example; Don't look to me to tell you how to gem properly. That being said yours hurt my brain.
yeah i suppose the mastery does give the spec a more sniper like feel, i actually think its a great addition to the spec as it sounds really great on paper and it can very much give flavor to the spec. but nothing says marksmanship like Aimed Shot, it describes the emphasis on precision shooting, and i just find it a shame that they would lower the bar on the skill required to use this ability by allowing you to get away with moving, something that clearly affects your aim, yet they dismiss the obvious implications of moving as if it were irrelevant to maintaining the quality of an aimed shot" so I find it a bit of an insult to the discipline of shooting like a sniper, and to marksmanship in general.

sure some of you are pointing out that you could aim just by simply pointing the weapon at your target, and that's all an aim requires; just to point. And that aiming isn't even sniper exclusive; anyone with a gun, in order to use their gun as intended, has to do "aiming" to some degree. You could even say that aiming starts before you point the gun at your target, the premeditated thought of selecting a specific target could be labeled as part of the aiming process, as you might see when cowboys squared off at duels.

http://youtu.be/J0BrdMi-oyc?t=4m32s

its like they spent almost no time in pointing before they shoot, but Aimed shot has added effort towards precision which is what takes aimed shot to that higher degree of “aim.” Aimed shot is a near 3 sec cast; relatively long for this game. the ability expresses that the person is pointing at its target from the moment the cast starts till it finishes, resulting in a gun fire.This dedication to pointing implies you're taking that time to get as close to the mark as possible, very sniper like. moving will very easily contradict the seriousness of this shot.

and to expressed a point further some of you seem to say that it is normal to aim while moving, i agree with that since you have to aim to some degree in order to use your gun properly but to what degree are you aiming and that makes a big difference in the type of shot you are taking. you can go from blindly shooting behind cover at a general area to aligning your line of sight to the barrel of the gun for more precision. and nothing really says this aimed shot is the sniper shot but it leans the strongest to that idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
separate topic
i know you guys can sit and poke at the 32 billion contradictions of this game, there's probably more but im really only concerned with this one ability at the moment because it actually makes me feel like im playing the marksman spec that i signed up for. this ability is what gives the spec its identity, it would be like ruining stealth for the sneaky, or subtlety rogue. and to be honest from a rogue's perspective it doesn't make much sense to be able to go invisible while right in front of people's face, yet from the receiving end of that stealth it's a whole other story, it's mind !@#$ing knowing there's some one after you in the area yet you can't see him coming, people freak out when they get sapped by one, they start crying for help and the rogue hasn't even assaulted them, meanwhile 1 or 3 of their friends go back to comfort the poor guy as he sits there as if he was just violated, however sometimes there is no one to help the poor guy and really does get violated.
To be fair, I don't even use Aimed Shot unless it procs, I think it's just a waste of time in the PvP world while you could be casting a ton of Arcane Shots of even applying your DoTs. Maybe in the PvE aspect of the world you could use Aimed Shot more, but to me I think this whole thread is a waste of time. No offense tended.
It's not, at least not for the reasons you listed. 6.0 MM will only have Aimed for focus dumping, and I think instant Aimed procs are going away.