Aimed shot while moving??

Hunter
instant aimed going away, rapid recuperation going away, serpent sting SV only, steady focus as a talent that boosts passive focus regeneration rates by 50%, master marksman going away,

MM has been mechanically gutted.
To be fair, I don't even use Aimed Shot unless it procs, I think it's just a waste of time in the PvP world while you could be casting a ton of Arcane Shots

well imagine you had the new WoD mastery and aimed shot always benefited from it's damage, do you think you'd still stick to using arcane shots only, specially since Aimed shot and [code name;arcane shot] would be merged into the same button.
Why do you keep pushing for realism in a game with magic, dragons, and panda hunters? They are not going to change it because for years the hunter has been the picture of ranged mobility. You got lone wolf for your more "Ranger" feel. If you are so upset about the idea of being able to use aimed shot on the move THEN DON'T !@#$ING MOVE WHILE CASTING! Just give it up already.
i don't think you get it, and i don't think i should keep explaining my-self im getting old here, you did make me laugh though.

BUT Lone Wolf I'm really exited about , so yes at least i get to have fun with that, im just a bit worried about the lack of master's call and roar of sacrifice, luckily i don't have to worry about the lack of pet special too since their CC was removed. but im not really complaining about any of these missing abilities, ill just try to figure it out, but im just glad to have Lone Wolf, and Sniper Training, but Aimed Shot... what have they done to you...
"Hey I want to play a sniper but Aimed Shots name and useage seem to contradict this is silliness I wanna play what I signed up for."

"I signed up to play the hunter; The class that is largely defined as pet class of WoW. Boy I sure can't wait to be rid of my pet."

SMH. And I hate to break it to ya bub but in the current build LW seems like a garbo talent, youre losing out on a ton of utility and really not getting enough compared to the other two talents. They look weak on paper but that exotic ammo, and because we lose our Ready.. Aim... ability Focusing Shot is actually a strong talent as it synergized well with MM playstyle. Which is why Im actually appalled you didn't metnion picking that... A shot that grounds you and focuses on turning you into a turret; but Id rather be rid of my pet.

And you never needed to explain yourself more than once. Not a single person who has posted has missed the point. They're just letting you know your complaint is kind of unreasonable. There isn't anything that says you can't pretend you need to sit still to cast aimed shot. Just please for the love of Cthun let all the other hunters in the world enjoy playing a spec that doesn't suck because you're rooted like a caster whilst pulling sub-caster numbers.

All that being said; if you're a not a PVPer you will realistically be avoiding casting it on the move anyways. The DPS loss is too great when youre wasting your mastery with unnecessary movement.
what did you just say?

There isn't anything that says you can't pretend you need to sit still to cast aimed shot.
-it's ok to pretend that you need to stand still in order to cast Aimed shot-
Just please for the love of Cthun let all the other hunters in the world enjoy playing a spec that doesn't suck
- and don't hate its a decent spec,-
because you're rooted like a caster whilst pulling sub-caster numbers.
- but your idea of the spec sucks; it's one that forces you to be rooted like a caster whilst pulling sub-caster numbers-

this is what i got after deciphering your sentence.
its ok to pretend that you need to stand still in order to cast Aimed shot, but that idea of the spec sucks, its one that forces you to be rooted like a caster whilst pulling sub-caster numbers

then you say

don't hate on the new spec its a decent spec

Yet there's no difference between both ideas of the spec.
in both situations you'll have to be rooted like a caster.
in both situations your damage on the move can be maintained for as long as ST is up.
in both situations if sniper training falls your damage on the move will drop .
and in both situations you would still have to go back to being rooted like a caster if you want to maintain that buff.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this also directly counter what you said here.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"you will realistically be avoiding casting it on the move anyways.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The DPS loss is too great when youre wasting your mastery
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>with unnecessary movement."

the difference would be that sniper training's damage would be part of Aimed shot so you don't have to be rooted for so long in order to get its damage making it less clunky, (if Aimed shot gave you the buff as well it would be even smoother!) it also means that if the buff falls off you can still benefit from it with your next Aimed shot because AS is shorter than 3 sec; the time required for Sniper Training procs, again making it smoother. and this way aimed shot will always yield top Dps whether ST is up or not because ST would be part of Aimed shot.

another thing; standing still SHOULD grant you with bonus damage as stated by the gods at Blizzard. and with my idea; stationary aimed shots will have the potential to provide you with that bonus since they benefit from haste unlike the mobile ones, making casting Aimed shots a reward for your ability to take advantage of the situation and using the right spell. (kind of like a rogue being able to take advantage of using Backstab while behind the enemy instead of Hemorage.) and since this mobile aimed shot is technically a new and unique spell they can tune it precisely w/o unbalancing the other specs which arcane shot previously prevented.

then you’re probably thinking; so you mean we’re gona have to cast stationary Aimed shots in order to get sniper training that's some BS, but that's practically how the WoD is going to play regardless so nothing is really going to change. you will even be able to just stand there to gain it just the same as WoD is going to play.

what you are going to really gain is the ability to deal the damage when demanded, i can see it now, MM trying to land a shot on the mob but they keep dying before the cast goes off, or better yet the target gets behind the pillar/wall every time the MM attempts to use that Aimed shot on the move, then the target comes out and unloads everytime they interrupt the MM.

I hate to break it to ya bub but in the current build LW seems like a garbo talent, youre losing out on a ton of utility and really not getting enough compared to the other two talents. (...) Focusing Shot is actually a strong talent as it synergized well with MM playstyle. Which is why Im actually appalled you didn't metnion picking that... A shot that grounds you and focuses on turning you into a turret; but Id rather be rid of my pet.

yes i find LW more appealing than focusing shot, im not really concerned with going for the cookie cutter spec., because I still see an advantage to being petless , at least for something I was practicing on last year, but quit because the dam pet usually got on the way, I was trying to use petpassive+petfollow>FD>camoflauge>disengage = vanish, HA! we get vanish next expac. but if the pet is full of dots or he gets caught while im calling him back he breaks my dam stealth, or he freaking just leads the enemy right to me, sometimes it gets more complicated. but anyhow, i can keep track of whether i have dots or not so i can use it properly, but keeping track of both me and the pet is a bit much to juggle. and another thing, I've been wanting this change for such a long time that its no longer as effective as it would have been back when we didn't have Master's Call or Roar of Sacrifice, so they still need to work on LW by substituting at least 1 of the 2 abilities, but at least they covered the lost damage from not having your pet which was my biggest incentive for not running around with my pet dismissed.

aside from that, man i don't wanna be a boring turret, i just wanna unload my urges on people's faces every chance i get. remember once you get sniper training you're free to move around, you don't have to stand still, neither of the ideas say or suggest that you have to stay still, what my says for example is; you have the potential to do more damage, potential meaning it does about the same damage yet once you apply haste it will triumph. as opposed to what's actually coming to live in the official version; with ST you can do the same exact damage whether you move or not as long as ST is up so it makes no difference whether you use aimed shot while standing still or moving, meaning there's nothing special about standing still aside from getting the buff. Both ideas are essentially the same, my at least is not as static. and I never suggested wanting to stand still for the sake of standing still as if focusing shot was the solution, that’s not even what im asking for -please force me to stand still… NO-, well… yes, if you want to look at it from that narrow angle and completely ignore everything else I’ve tried to say, so to bring you back on track I was actually talking about wanting to standing still with /flex Aimed shot, not flimsy FS or anything else.

so I’m kind of complaining about MM getting away with doing best possible damage while on the move, but more specifically about how this makes AS less special. Meanwhile the whole - stationary damage is king - rule is not really being enforced, since you can ignore it with ST+AS, but the real problem is this doesn't give you the opportunity to flex you muscles, since you’re doing the same static damage making the play style kind of stale.

UNLESS they are trying to bring each spec down to a foundational level and strip them of their complexity so they simply serve as a general frame work, with enough identity to tell them apart. Then that leaves talents to serve as the actual dynamic part of the class, as well as glyphs. I guess this could work specially with enough spec specific talents like lone wolf/versatility so they don’t just go back to all being too similar again. I just hope they bring back flavor to this spec if they pursue this route, and I am glad they are trying to fix the spec, but as of WoD I’m disappointed with MM.

[Farsightrx is frozen for now, so I have to use this account...
MM hunters are masters of... marksmanship. They can aim and shoot on the move. And in case you haven't noticed:

* MM mastery now rewards standing still occasionally.
* Focusing Shot at level 100 will give you exactly the playstyle you are after.
I find this funny.

Someone actually complaining about having an ability that once made you stand still to use is now usable while moving.

Blows my mind when I had just about every ability I could use while moving taken away you sit here and complain about being able to move and use practically every ability at your disposal...you want to complain about that?

I think you should be complaining that healers can't heal your !@# anymore while they are moving...."stop healer...stop moving and heal me!!!" LOLOL

find something better to complain about.
You played Legend of Dragoon as well?
10/07/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Leorina
10/07/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Armyn
What about dragons?

Not since the Dragon Campaign~

You played Legend of Dragoon as well?
Hell yeah
I thought you only get to move with Aimed Shot, with a glyph. Have they changed that now from the patch?
10/25/2014 12:53 AMPosted by Zabadi
I thought you only get to move with Aimed Shot, with a glyph. Have they changed that now from the patch?

Yup.
At this point I would give up aimed shot entirely to have arcane and scatter back. I am not the most patient person, and aimed shot seems a terribly long, boring shot for the damage it deals.
There was a time when Aimed shot was an instant cast ability with a baked in ms debuff. I've been playing this game way too long, seen so many variations of abilities that most of them do not even come close to fitting their tooltip description anymore :(
yeah that version of aimed shot was the biggest let down to the ability for me im glad they changed it back to a cast. yet they kept it with MMM which was nice while it lasted.

Someone actually complaining about having an ability that once made you stand still to use is now usable while moving.

Blows my mind when I had just about every ability I could use while moving taken away you sit here and complain about being able to move and use practically every ability at your disposal...you want to complain about that?

"i don't want to be able to shoot while moving" is that what you think this is about?
let me help you since you obviously didn't read much, i was suggesting we shoot instant [quick shots] while moving instead of aimed shots. leaving aimed shots for when your standing still.

another thing, for the last 2 years or so you were able to shoot aimed shots while moving, I hacked Aimed shots into doing it yet i didn't exploit it cause it felt ridiculous, then they added the glyph yet i didn't complain about it even though it bothered me because it was a glyph, so "to each his own" but now they are forcing us into this play style by taking away arcane shots, a substitute ability, because of button bloat. the whole idea is simply to bringing back arcane shots while avoiding button bloat by merging it with Aimed shot, (under a different name other than arcane shot. so it makes sense and allow for better tunning.) leaving aimed shot to be used how they are meant to be used

if you still don't get it, don't let it boggle your mind its not good for your health, besides this is the hunter's forum. still love you though.
I agree with your point OP but I prefer to be able to cast it while moving, so no it's fine.