Questions on prepatch hunters

Hunter
I have a few questions about hunters on for 6.0 if anyone could answer them.

Firstly, what is the stat priority for survival and BM hunters, and roughly their values?

I ask this because even though reforging is going away - the way things stand now, BM hunter secondary stats are far more close in value than survival. If this continues to be the same in 6.0, then BM hunters will likely fare better in the general sense, since reforging will no longer be here.

Secondly, has the performance increased or decreased for each spec?

And lastly, how powerful is AoC now? With stampede now being a talent, and I imagine not one to be picked, is AoC still worth using? I know there's more to it than the decreased cooldown of stampede, but it'll certainly decrease it's value.
I haven't tested much at 90 on the PTR, but at 100, MM is the go to dps spec. It provides super high burst, we have RF, and it's overall the best spec for WoD. Now, for the rest of MoP, if you're planning on doing content I'd assume that BM/Surv are both relatively close to each other in DPS, I'd use AoC on surv, just for the 100% uptime on black arrow, but replace AoC with Ticking Ebon for BM for that fat mastery bonus, and proc.
10/08/2014 03:06 AMPosted by Kiwidin
I haven't tested much at 90 on the PTR, but at 100, MM is the go to dps spec. It provides super high burst, we have RF, and it's overall the best spec for WoD. Now, for the rest of MoP, if you're planning on doing content I'd assume that BM/Surv are both relatively close to each other in DPS, I'd use AoC on surv, just for the 100% uptime on black arrow, but replace AoC with Ticking Ebon for BM for that fat mastery bonus, and proc.

I am going to disagree with you.. I have tried both MM and BM and the one thing that people went to MM for was the silencing shot. Silencing Shot has been removed. Also, Arcane Shot is no longer available to Marksmanship Hunters.. MM in beta feels really slow. I wouldn't say MM is the go to pvp spec just yet.. If you look on the forums both live and beta, people are either pissed off or confused about the changes to MM .. I don't see very many positive posts about MM.
10/08/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Sorago
I am going to disagree with you.. I have tried both MM and BM and the one thing that people went to MM for was the silencing shot. Silencing Shot has been removed. Also, Arcane Shot is no longer available to Marksmanship Hunters.. MM in beta feels really slow. I wouldn't say MM is the go to pvp spec just yet.. If you look on the forums both live and beta, people are either pissed off or confused about the changes to MM .. I don't see very many positive posts about MM.

Since when were they discussing pvp????
Am I the only one who has been building a wicked sick mastery set, so I can stand like 60+ yards away from the boss and tunnel as MM?
According to blizz sv main secondary stat should be multistrike, bm should be mastery, and mm should be crit. But what i have noticed on the ptr is that mastery buff from pets seem to give a bigger dps boost at 90 then the other stats. Someone who is on the beta will have to let us know if that holds true at lvl 100. And as far as what spec to play at least from what i saw on the ptr mm does pull ahead in pve and for pvp it's between bm/sv with bm getting the slight edge because sv has no execute, again this is just what i see on the ptr.
10/08/2014 05:24 AMPosted by Mattlorien
Since when were they discussing pvp????

Since when were they discussing PVE or anything specific???? The guy I replied to assumed pve. I assumed pvp in case that is what the OP was wanting to know, but If you read what the OP said, you wouldn't know whether he was talking about pvp or pve.. Also, if you looked at his Armory page you would see he does both pve and pvp.

Nice try!! now move on little boy
10/08/2014 06:47 AMPosted by Sorago
Since when were they discussing PVE or anything specific????

10/08/2014 02:17 AMPosted by Alcance
how powerful is AoC now?

OP is also 585 ilevel so it would be safe to assume OP was in fact talking about PvE.
he also doesn't mention MM at all in his post, which is probably the most common hunter pvp spec, atm.
10/08/2014 05:35 AMPosted by Bright
Am I the only one who has been building a wicked sick mastery set, so I can stand like 60+ yards away from the boss and tunnel as MM?

Mastery affects attack range?

How much Mastery would you need to be able to be that far away...
Mastery affects Attack range and Damage for MM hunters when they have stood still for a few seconds (Think sniper training in the wayback days). With the baselines level 100 pvp gear it only givesd me ~4% damage and ~4% range. You lose the range and damage once youve moved after a second or two however. But yes as far as PVP in MM is concerned if the other team/player lets you tunnel MM pushes out some sick numbers. I honestly dont know how AoC will change in prepatch.
Now that is interesting +)

I wonder if it will ever be enough to reach the mage on Gunship....
10/08/2014 09:37 AMPosted by Leorina
P is also 585 ilevel so it would be sa

A lot of people who post on here that are in pvp gear discussing pve and vice versa.. So one could assume he does both. If you look at his armory you will see he has ratings in arenas and rbgs. So just because he isn't wearing pvp gear doesn't mean he doesn't do both.. If you go back to the very first post and read it he gives no indication he is asking about pvp or pve...
what is the stat priority for survival and BM hunters, and roughly their values?

I ask this because even though reforging is going away

Is there going to be any relevance for stat weights if reforging is going away??
10/08/2014 01:15 PMPosted by Lunaboreal
what is the stat priority for survival and BM hunters, and roughly their values?

I ask this because even though reforging is going away

Is there going to be any relevance for stat weights if reforging is going away??

Yes. I have quite a few gear pieces in bank.
10/08/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Verdash
10/08/2014 05:35 AMPosted by Bright

1% mastery is 1% extra range, 50% should be easily possible.
10/08/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Bright
10/08/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Verdash

1% mastery is 1% extra range, 50% should be easily possible.

I thought they got rid of that in one of the last few builds, as it proved too powerful.
10/08/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Sorago
A lot of people who post on here that are in pvp gear discussing pve and vice versa.. So one could assume he does both. If you look at his armory you will see he has ratings in arenas and rbgs. So just because he isn't wearing pvp gear doesn't mean he doesn't do both.. If you go back to the very first post and read it he gives no indication he is asking about pvp or pve...

Wasn't aware AoC was used in PvP.
90 Human Hunter
Transcend
I have a few questions about hunters on for 6.0 if anyone could answer them.

Firstly, what is the stat priority for survival and BM hunters, and roughly their values?

I ask this because even though reforging is going away - the way things stand now, BM hunter secondary stats are far more close in value than survival. If this continues to be the same in 6.0, then BM hunters will likely fare better in the general sense, since reforging will no longer be here.

Everything here screams PvE...