What book do you wish Blizz would write?

Story Forum
If you could get Blizz to expand on any past or current lore event what would you request?

I would LOVE to read "The War of the Spider" and have it be written by Micky Neilson (who did Unbroken). That was when the Nerubians recognized the Lich King was going to be trouble so they proactively tried to wipe him out before the Scourge became too strong. They were doing ok until the Old Gods attacked them from below and combined with the Scourge attacking from above sealed their fate.

http://wowpedia.org/War_of_the_Spider
I'd like a book about current Quel'thalas and the time between Anasterian and Dath'remar. Both should be written by Micky Neilson.
Something about Dwarves, and only Dwarves. It could be about the current happenings in Ironforge with politics and conflict with Troll threats, or it could be about their history like the War of the Three Hammers.

Just something where they're real protagonists and not tagalongs for once.
None. This is Blizzard we're talking about. They'd find some way to ruin it.
Let's be real; Turalyon and Alleria book, what the heck are they up to?

But since that won't happen until forever, I'd like a book about the Troll Wars with Trolls vs. Humans and High Elves, I want to see how awesome the Arathi were.
The titans prior before their big guy turned evil or The Burning Legion (i want their perspective of things for once)
I'd love for more stories from each race.

Not about the leaders, or other important characters, but about random citizens, soldiers, and adventurers instead who live within their various cultures.

For example, a dwarven story about the inner workings of Ironforge, or a Tauren story of a nomadic tribe... there are many, many facets of all the races we have little to no information about, and I think the coolest thing would be to "get into the head" of the races, and see their viewpoints, opinions, etc on the world and society in which they live.
10/12/2014 06:56 AMPosted by Grimroar
Something about Dwarves, and only Dwarves. It could be about the current happenings in Ironforge with politics and conflict with Troll threats, or it could be about their history like the War of the Three Hammers.
War of the Three Hammers is another book I'd really like to read. That would be my #2 after War of the Spider.
Whatever is going on with Kul Tiras.
A book about draenei from a draenei perspective. Hopefully with information regarding what happened between the flight form Argus and their arrival on Draenor. Along with general race information like how long draenei live.
Something about Dwarfs. Because we are the superior race.

10/12/2014 06:57 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
War of the Three Hammers is another book I'd really like to read

I'd totally be down for this. +1 for you.
A novel that details the Troll Empire vs the Old Gods forces, after all this is the first time a mortal group has faced a Old God and their minions in combat.
I'd like a book explaining why Khadgar has Atiesh.

Written by anyone but Knaak. Like literally anybody.
The War of the Spider

War of Three Hammers

The Troll Wars

Something about Tauren. My idea a band of Tauren braves fighting the True Horde in the Barrens during the rebellion

Something about the Forsaken preferably not focusing on Sylvanas. Maybe after they took Capital City but before they joined the Horde.
Pre-Titan Azeroth. How did the Tauren live with an Old God presence, since they reference those dark times in some scripts in Northrend? What about the Aqir and the Trolls? Are Azeroth's local Old Gods products of the planet, or do all of them originate elsewhere? What did the mortal races do when the elemental war was fought? Hide while a world engulfing war of elemental fury versus an army of Titans happened? Why wouldn't the Zandalari record such an event?
I would like some stories, probably short, about the NPC races, characters, and factions we come across, but are mostly forgotten after their retrospective expansion ends. It would be nice to see how they've been/what they've been up to. Just a bit of world-building to help flesh out the world of Azeroth as it is during WoD.

BC:

Say, how has Garrosh's actions effected the Mag'har in Outland?

How are the Draenei still on Outland reacting to Draenor's return?

What has happened to the Sporregar and the Consortium?

Where's Sabellian?

Wotlk:

How are the Nerubians doing? What about all those hidden vaults filled with countless pristine Nerubian eggs?

Can the Tuskkar do anything other than fish?

Has the Oracle/Frenzyheart conflict been resolved?

Have the Storm Peak watchers fixed Ulduar?

Cata:

What are the Tol'vir up to?

The status of Vash'jir given Neptulon's kidnapping which was never expanded upon, even though it should've.

Where the hell is Magatha Grimtotem and why isn't she dead yet?

MoP:

What is the state of the Yaungol after their various offensives in Townlong Steppes and Kun-Lai are destroyed?

What resolution, if any, is there to the Jinyu/Hozen conflict in the Jade Forest?

Are the Mogu still around, deep in their crypts? Or did they get the Drakkari treatment?
I'd like to learn more about Garrosh Hellscream. Whether it's from his childhood or from his military history it doesn't matter. I'd like for Blizzard to once and for all create a biography about him so that it would explain all of Garrosh's irrational character changes throughout the expansions, and of the stress he must have went through to change so drastically from an honor-bound Warchief in Cataclysm to a ruthless racist dictator in Pandaria.
I'd like a book where Gnomeregan is retaken. Concrete language, no 'maybes' or room for interpretation. Radiation purged, Troggs gunned down to the last, tunnels sealed. That is what happened in that book regardless of whether or not blizzard put it in gameplay. Every reader knows this.

...Preferably featuring Kelsey Steelspark as either the main character or one of the main protagonists as they wipe out the Troggs and the remaining Leper Gnomes.

Hopefully ending with a bright note, since this isn't Warhammer 40frickinK. Like a brighter future for the Gnomes now that they're back in their home and out of the snow. Self-sustaining society making a return, the resurgence of Gnomish culture and pride, all that. Becoming the #1 Alliance arms producer again.

But, then again... That would take talent to write...

Blizzard isn't really known for that these days.
10/12/2014 08:10 PMPosted by Nathreim
The War of the Spider

War of Three Hammers

The Troll Wars

Something about Tauren. My idea a band of Tauren braves fighting the True Horde in the Barrens during the rebellion

Something about the Forsaken preferably not focusing on Sylvanas. Maybe after they took Capital City but before they joined the Horde.

I'd like any or all of the these.

I'd be very interested in seeing a book on how the Gnomes and Dwarves first encountered each other. When I attempt to picture it I keep seeing an explosion.

A book on the first worgen could have a lot of promise to it.

I story that I've been considering working on myself would a book on the Alliance Expeditionary Force between the closing of the Dark Portal and the Burning Crusade.

Speaking of which (please forgive the shameless plug :), if Blizzard wants to make my ramblings into a book they are welcome to: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9245745640?page=1
10/12/2014 06:57 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
10/12/2014 06:56 AMPosted by Grimroar
War of the Three Hammers is another book I'd really like to read. That would be my #2 after War of the Spider.

I don't play Dwarves, but I would LOVE a book on the War of the Three Hammers.

Ironforge, Shadowforge, Grim Batol, three of the coolest places in the game, to read about the conflicts across them all as well as Dun Morogh and Loch Modan, I can already see the epic battles in my mind.

1 condition though.

NO TIME TRAVEL!!!

Seriously, have it like a story told around a fire by a Dwarven Elder or something, I want to hear the original version, not some butchered alternate universe *cough* WoD *cough*.