What book do you wish Blizz would write?

Story Forum
10/13/2014 01:37 AMPosted by Danseis

A book on the first worgen could have a lot of promise to it.

There is already a whole comic series on the origins of the Worgen:

http://wowpedia.org/Curse_of_the_Worgen

It's actually written by Mickey Neilson!
I have three particular wishes I would love to see filled, even if they are in short stories. If even one of these three were fulfilled I'd be happy, but in order of what I'd like to see the most.

1: When and how humans first discovered the Light, and how the first priests came about and learned how to channel it.

2: War of the Three Hammers

3: Troll Wars.
One of my favorite Star Trek novels is Tales of the Dominion War. It's a collection of short stories written by several different authors that tell the stories of what happened on battlefronts that weren't in Deep Space 9 beyond a mention or still photo, like the Dominion invasion of Betazed and the Breen's sneak attack on Earth, and what other characters not involved with DS9 like Lwxana Troi, Scotty and Bones, and the crew of the Starfleet Engineering Corps novel series.

I honestly feel that recent Warcraft lore could be very helped by a "Tales of the Fourth War" type novel showing battles we players didn't take part in. It could show where characters like Rexxar and Shandris went off to, show whatever happened to Crowley after Silverpine, a story revolving around Varian and Lor'themar's secret negotiations that ends when Rommath and Aethas arrive after the Purge, an inside look of Orgrimmar after the Horde turned on Garrosh, either from his eyes or Eitrigg's.

Perhaps even things of what happened in places like Ashenvale and Arathi after the players move on.

I'd love to see something like that.
10/12/2014 08:31 PMPosted by Galka
Pre-Titan Azeroth. How did the Tauren live with an Old God presence, since they reference those dark times in some scripts in Northrend? What about the Aqir and the Trolls? Are Azeroth's local Old Gods products of the planet, or do all of them originate elsewhere? What did the mortal races do when the elemental war was fought? Hide while a world engulfing war of elemental fury versus an army of Titans happened? Why wouldn't the Zandalari record such an event?

I really much preferred when all organic life only got its start after the first titan incursion.

The ideal timeline would have been Old gods setting up on Azeroth and making the Elemental Lords so they can have war games or whatever.
Titans come and stop the elemental lords, leave for a while while the world is in their minds safe.
Old gods come out in person to ruin things forcing the Titans to return and kill/trap them.
C'tun makes the Silithid into the Aqir and after the trolls (And possibly the Titan constructs like Mogu, dragons etc) bead them he loans out some to the remnants of Y'sharrj and sends others up to help Yogg-saron, the Nerubians however break free of Old god control and do their own thing while the mantid and Qiraji serve loyally.

Organic life living alongside the Old Gods and raging elementals just made so little sense.
Kings of Men, a Tolkien-esque anthology delving into the Humans and the different cultures and dynasties of the kingdoms, with the main characters being the monarchs of the various human nations going all the way back to Arathor that explores the men behind the history books and the legends and their struggles for their people and their own power.

The Hammer and the Libram, a story about the founding of the Church of the Holy Light, and however it got started and who it was that acted as the "Prophet/Christ" figure for the religion. Loaded with lore and history about the Church itself and what it teaches. Something like a martyrology meets Song of Roland.

War Under the Mountain, another anthology about the War of the Three Hammers, written from the perspectives of the leaders of the three clans.

Where Lions Dare, about the first Kings of Stormwind and the migration of Arathor's mightiest sons south to found Stormwind itself. Maybe cover some of the understood wars between the Gurubashi and Stormwind.
10/12/2014 04:36 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
If you could get Blizz to expand on any past or current lore event what would you request?

NONE!
Enough screwing the lore with fanfic-level literature already.

You know why the best stories aren't in any book yet? Because they aren't in any book yet.
10/14/2014 10:26 PMPosted by Aelamdor
Kings of Men, a Tolkien-esque anthology delving into the Humans and the different cultures and dynasties of the kingdoms, with the main characters being the monarchs of the various human nations going all the way back to Arathor that explores the men behind the history books and the legends and their struggles for their people and their own power.

The Hammer and the Libram, a story about the founding of the Church of the Holy Light, and however it got started and who it was that acted as the "Prophet/Christ" figure for the religion. Loaded with lore and history about the Church itself and what it teaches. Something like a martyrology meets Song of Roland.

War Under the Mountain, another anthology about the War of the Three Hammers, written from the perspectives of the leaders of the three clans.

Where Lions Dare, about the first Kings of Stormwind and the migration of Arathor's mightiest sons south to found Stormwind itself. Maybe cover some of the understood wars between the Gurubashi and Stormwind.

Some actual Human and Dwarf lore that isn't just being reactionary to Orcs? Be still my heart...
10/14/2014 07:14 PMPosted by Vanarcheous
10/12/2014 04:36 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
If you could get Blizz to expand on any past or current lore event what would you request?

I would LOVE to read "The War of the Spider" and have it be written by Micky Neilson (who did Unbroken). That was when the Nerubians recognized the Lich King was going to be trouble so they proactively tried to wipe him out before the Scourge became too strong. They were doing ok until the Old Gods attacked them from below and combined with the Scourge attacking from above sealed their fate.

http://wowpedia.org/War_of_the_Spider

Downvoted because you want that incompetent writer to write a story.

I liked Unbroken and Curse of the Worgen, though Curse felt a bit rushed.

What have you got against him?
10/14/2014 07:14 PMPosted by Vanarcheous
Downvoted because you want that incompetent writer to write a story.

Unbroken and Blood of the Highborne are probably the 2 best written warcraft stories.
i want more lore on the cultures of azeroth

varians short revealed that humanity celebrates remembrance day as an annual holiday

more stuff like that
war of the three hammers and how it effects the rest of EK at the time.
10/16/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Lena
Unbroken and Blood of the Highborne are probably the 2 best written warcraft stories.

Curse of the Worgen was also a very good graphic novel, Micky Neilson is a very good writer.
A three part series based around the developing ability of Nida, the girl in Redridge who can speak to cats, and how she becomes the first human Druid.

Other than Bjorn of course.
I want it to be about Trolls.

And I think that dude who wrote the Garrosh/Grom short story should write it.
id like to see a book about the forsaken that focused on the general population's point of view, like world war Z from the zombies side.

id also like to see a blood elf book that lets us see how blood elves view the world as a people rather than the views of a few leaders....humans in the same deal would be nice as well.... also a book that doesn't make orcs kill fodder.
If Blizz was to write a book, I'd rather it be a big collection of short stories than an overarching storyline.

They'd display the finer points of different races or events. Several examples I'd love to see:

K'aresh before, or even during the war with the Void.

Origins of the Frenzyheart- their exodus into Sholazar.

Nerubians- How they were before the whole scourge shenanigans, maybe during it, when they dug too deep, or even how they're doing now.

Gnomeregan- I know the short story resolved Thermaplugg, but what about the infestation of Troggs? Gotta deal with all those.

All kinds of things. Even stuff like a grummle on a trade caravan would be great.

Overarching plots and huge conflicts are good, but the little things should never be neglected.
10/12/2014 06:07 AMPosted by Damila
I'd like a book about current Quel'thalas and the time between Anasterian and Dath'remar.
10/12/2014 09:00 PMPosted by Bianea
Where the hell is Magatha Grimtotem and why isn't she dead yet?

Should be a video game in itself

Where in the world is Magatha Grimtotem?
I would love some more info on the Trade Wars and the Peace War.
I doubt it'll be book material but i'd like some more info on it all the same.

A book on the War of the Three Hammers would be good too.
Or maybe on the Pandaren rebellion.