What book do you wish Blizz would write?

Story Forum
10/16/2014 11:00 AMPosted by Grimfel
10/14/2014 10:26 PMPosted by Aelamdor
Kings of Men, a Tolkien-esque anthology delving into the Humans and the different cultures and dynasties of the kingdoms, with the main characters being the monarchs of the various human nations going all the way back to Arathor that explores the men behind the history books and the legends and their struggles for their people and their own power.

The Hammer and the Libram, a story about the founding of the Church of the Holy Light, and however it got started and who it was that acted as the "Prophet/Christ" figure for the religion. Loaded with lore and history about the Church itself and what it teaches. Something like a martyrology meets Song of Roland.

War Under the Mountain, another anthology about the War of the Three Hammers, written from the perspectives of the leaders of the three clans.

Where Lions Dare, about the first Kings of Stormwind and the migration of Arathor's mightiest sons south to found Stormwind itself. Maybe cover some of the understood wars between the Gurubashi and Stormwind.

Some actual Human and Dwarf lore that isn't just being reactionary to Orcs? Be still my heart...

Believe me, I'd like it. Do you know how weird it is that most human royal genealogy goes like:

[Unnamed King]

[Unnamed King]

[Unnamed King]

[Unnamed King]

[Unnamed King]

[Unnamed King]

Terenas II Menethil, and someone was Terenas I at some point.

Stormwind has the most complete royal line, and that's not saying much, because it pretty much goes:

[Unnamed King]

[Unnamed King]

[Unnamed King]

Adamant III Wrynn, there were two others at some point

King Llane Wrynn

King Varian Wrynn

Whereas when you compare that to almost every other major fantasy franchise, you could fill a history textbook with the royal lineages of these fictional kingdoms.

I thought of another one: The Sun King. The story of Anasterian Sunstrider, his life, rule, and death. Get a real look inside the mind of the most revered king in Elven history.
A book that celebrates the unappreciated NPC races of WoW. Centaurs, Satyrs, Quilboars, Dryads, Furbolg and the like are all largely untapped story potential that's never been expanded on.
Anything around the time of the Arathorian Empire, or maybe do something like Knaak did with the Proto-Dragons and talk about the Vrykul before they became Humans. Older lore the better.
10/12/2014 09:37 PMPosted by Raelaa
I'd like a book where Gnomeregan is retaken. Concrete language, no 'maybes' or room for interpretation. Radiation purged, Troggs gunned down to the last, tunnels sealed. That is what happened in that book regardless of whether or not blizzard put it in gameplay. Every reader knows this.

...Preferably featuring Kelsey Steelspark as either the main character or one of the main protagonists as they wipe out the Troggs and the remaining Leper Gnomes.

Hopefully ending with a bright note, since this isn't Warhammer 40frickinK. Like a brighter future for the Gnomes now that they're back in their home and out of the snow. Self-sustaining society making a return, the resurgence of Gnomish culture and pride, all that. Becoming the #1 Alliance arms producer again.

But, then again... That would take talent to write...

Blizzard isn't really known for that these days.

That makes two of us.
War of the Three Hammers or the History of Gnomekind.
I'd like a book on the backstory of the most important character in the entirety of Warcraft.

That's right, you know who I'm talking about. Hogger.
10/22/2014 02:42 AMPosted by Aelamdor
I thought of another one: The Sun King. The story of Anasterian Sunstrider, his life, rule, and death. Get a real look inside the mind of the most revered king in Elven history.

Wasn´t "The Sun King" one of Kael´thas appointed titles?

Anasterian life could be interesting, however I was under the impression the most revered was Dath´remar. I would expand the book about the Sunstrider clan in itself and how they managed things like the wars with the Amani, the dealings with the humans, etc.
10/22/2014 03:30 AMPosted by Dorcy
A book that celebrates the unappreciated NPC races of WoW. Centaurs, Satyrs, Quilboars, Dryads, Furbolg and the like are all largely untapped story potential that's never been expanded on.

Don't forget the Grell, Gnolls, and Kobold!

Or maybe a whole expansion! World of Warcraft: Rise of the Creeps.

I did like the idea of Agamaggan possessing Mankrik and using him to clean up the corrupt quilboar to give them a clean state.
I would rather have a book with a few stories in them that flesh out the races of Azeroth
Nightmare: a young child and his family have been abducted by the forsaken. The child must watch as they perform horrid experiments on his Grandmother, mother and little brother and make him clean up the mess. He is later rescued by a orc guard.
Down down in spider town: A tale explaining the struggles of the nerubians to survive and rise again, wiping out remaining scourge and twilight hammer forces.
Terror of the plains: A tale of the Mag'har in Nagrand, fighting opposing factions and being torn apart by old tribal rivalries. Many of the abble-bodied men flee to Azeroth in a search for a better future and great destinies, but leave behind the old, the young and the weak.
Lords of misery: short story from the view of a scourge necromancer. Why did he join the Cult, what are they doing now that Arthas is dead, do some of them regret their deeds and wish to go home but cant out of fear from prosecution from their old friends or current masters? What is their opinion on lich king fire edition?
A new home: The Frenzyheart get kicked out of Sholazar, go to Borean Tundra but get kicked out of there to by the taunka. They will travel all over Northrend to show the reader what is going on in all zones. In the end they are rescued by the Argent Crusade and are dispersed across the world in every AC zone.

No time travel, no super weapons, no God-like, one-man legions of destruction leaders. Only the daily life of Azeroths and Outlands people, the current events in forgotten zones, and terrible consequences of the many conflicts in the world.
10/24/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Dantels
10/22/2014 03:30 AMPosted by Dorcy

I did like the idea of Agamaggan possessing Mankrik and using him to clean up the corrupt quilboar to give them a clean state.
That was Blizz' original plan for this expansion. Garrosh gets revenge on us with the help of the "Axis of Awful". He was going to take all the garbage races, give them better gear, and call it the "Mongrel Horde". I'm not kidding.

http://i.imgur.com/SjZHrPr.jpg
10/24/2014 01:30 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
10/24/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Dantels

That was Blizz' original plan for this expansion. Garrosh gets revenge on us with the help of the "Axis of Awful". He was going to take all the garbage races, give them better gear, and call it the "Mongrel Horde". I'm not kidding.

My favorite part is that the idea got along as far as it did. It seems so outlandish, for WoW in general, but particularly Garrosh.

It reminds me, oddly, of Jan Jansen's ending in BG2:

Jan Jansen's life following his association with <CHARNAME> was typically convoluted, the barest of details hidden amidst his half-truths and whole lies. According to his published memoirs, "A Jansen in Every Port", after a short prison term for monkey smuggling, he returned to his first love... monkey smuggling. This led to the now infamous Gibbon Riot of '72, a tumultuous and altogether unclean event that seemed to center on the estate of the Shadow Thief Vaelag. Jan would deny that he had planned the downfall of the rogue, but he was unable to explain what practical application he had intended for a horde of knife-wielding simians. Nevertheless, the death of the admittedly disliked and generally suspect Vaelag could not be attributed to the young gnome. Strangely enough, Jan had alibis for each and every
second of the day in question, and what a day it must have been! Relatives from across the Realms came forward to say that he had stopped in for tea and turnips. At his later wedding to Lissa, Jan was asked how he managed to be in so many places at once, and yet still so far from the scene of the crime.
"Well," Jan would say, "when you have that many monkeys, anything is possible."
<span class="truncated">...</span>

...That is the most amazing thing ever.

I love the Kobold Gaston. [Edit] And oh god his Candle is a bunsen burner.

Creeps need more love.
How about a book about Warcraft children's stories? To be more precise I mean a book about stories that children would be told in the Warcraft universe.