Prove You're An Oldschool Hunter

Hunter
Prev 1 5 6 7 15 Next
HUNTERS USE MANA ???lmao

let me enrage this devilsaur in arathi and watch it go jurassic park and eat every ally. lol,

black arrows,gotta make more black arrows,black arrows,gotta make more black arrows,HOLD ON ,ILL BE IN ICC IN A DAMN MINUTE,IM MAKING MORE BLACK ARROWS,

Man ,these axes from violet hold look awesome on my hunter

last but not least...............................ARMOR PEN.....UGHHH, makes me quiver just thinking about it.
why do i have to prove anything to you, huh?

I started playing this tier. so.
10/08/2014 08:03 PMPosted by Mattlorien
I started playing this tier. so.

*veteran rant *
Kiting the Winterspring boss for the Rhok quest using serpent sting.

Not actually getting tame beast until level 10.

Dead Zones...
Using FD and hearing everyone go wtf happened to Napalm!

I miss it actually taking your HP bar down lol

or...

Going into an A.V. before work, going to work, coming back from work, and it is still the same A.V.

Winning!
Even though not super old school, I started 6 months before BC, but how about spell pen for PvP?
Aspect of the Monkey and Aspect of Nature. Nuff' said.
1. Running out of arrow/ammo mid fight.

2. Having to FD to trap/drink.

3. Aotm, atov.

4. raptor strike/mongoose bite surv hunters.

5. One shoting 3 people with 1 multi shot.

6. Pets running away because you didn't feed them or their dmg was pitiful when they were unhappy.
I am surprised no one mentioned the Hunter Dead Zone. Where we couldn't attack at all since we are too far away for melee and too close to shoot!

Also the lines waiting to tame King Bangalash so we can have the only pet to stealth & since his damage was bugged making it the OP pet to have.

Accidently releasing the blood plague (Corrupted Blood) on a city after Zul'grub because your pet had it still ticking away.

Hunters wearing "of the tiger" gear since it had Agility and Strength which both increased attack power.

Planting trap at your feet then kitting your mob into the trap (no trap launcher). If it failed; feign death (hope mob feel for it), plant trap again, hit target again and pray trap worked this time.

Dual wield hunters! Daggers, Axes... well almost any weapon a hunter was able to use.
10/10/2014 05:58 AMPosted by Akinyele
Accidently releasing the blood plague (Corrupted Blood) on a city after Zul'grub because your pet had it still ticking away.

Accidentally?

Oh right, "accidentally" ;)
Oh god, I went OOM!
Or my arrows ran out and I needed to mongoose strike with my polearm.
10/10/2014 06:39 AMPosted by Boofearme
Oh god, I went OOM!
Half the time I had a Staff and ticked off the Ferals because of it.
Spending DPK on Thunderstrike (Vendorstrike) and saying... "But, i'm a melee hunter, and it turns into Shadowstrike" BAHAHAHAHA
Dragon Spine Trophy :(
10/10/2014 06:44 AMPosted by Whim
10/10/2014 06:39 AMPosted by Boofearme
Oh god, I went OOM!
Half the time I had a Staff and ticked off the Ferals because of it.
I preferred dual wielding to annoy the rogues and enhance shamans. Or agi 2h swords because they were only ever really useful as hunter stat sticks. =p

I still have heroic Reckoning and Quel'delar, Ferocity of the Scorned in my bank.
More than half of my bag space was full of arrows.....and Volley.....I miss Volley
Aside from the obv having ammo, mana, and having to feed pets for happiness... Having to tame specific pets in Vanilla for max dps, as well as certain rare pets having special abilities.

Brokentooth the rare cat from Badlands, and the ZG bats were the only pets that had 1.0 attack speed in the game. If you raided as a hunter, you were greatly encouraged to have one of those pets for max dps.

Snarler, the rare wolf from Feralas was the only pet in the game that had magic resistance without speccing into it (I think it was 200 resistance to everything?)

Then there was Lupos, the worg rare from Duskwood that did shadow damage with each attack, making him a really OP pvp pet.

Come BC they made it so every pet had the same attack speed, and removed all special pet abilities. I do kind've miss hunting down special pets for their abilities as opposed to just aesthetics, but at the same time, it's nice not being "stuck" using a pet like Brokentooth just because of its OP abilities.
10/08/2014 07:00 PMPosted by Mcflappnutz
makes me quiver

i c wut u did thurr.
patch 2.3

stance dancing to regain mana with aspect of the viper

Do i really need intellect on that gear (which was leather)
Being able to split pull the group in Molten Core with a well timed FD. Or for that matter, being the person responsible for pulling most of MC.

Tranq shot rotations for Magmadar.

Raiding UBRS just to get enough gear to step into MC.

And, Aimed Shot from Shadowmeld while solo guarding stables and giggling as I only appeared after the shot hit them.