Gaze of the Black Prince Buff Gone

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 25 Next
10/13/2014 11:58 AMPosted by Fållenångel
Nah my champion title is not on all my characters try again.

No PvP title is account wide.

And to those attacking this thread and others like them, it is not that people are annoyed they are taking the buff away completely, rather it was falsely claimed it would still be here for today. I'd be pretty damn annoyed if I was counting on one more day of the buff too.
10/13/2014 12:10 PMPosted by Tinkabrat
a big slap in the face!!!

Hey, there it is.
disappointing... came back to play in the hopes that i could have gotten my legendary before the WOD prepatch
This is pretty egregious behavior. We were told, explicitly, when the buff would be removed. Now? We've had the rug taken from under our feet without even a peep from Blizz on this.
Man, and I was gonna finish my runestones today too..../sigh
It makes no sense to even remove it before November 13th. They clearly want people to finish the quest before WoD, or else the whole thing would be gone tomorrow. So why leave the quest chain in but remove the thing that will allow you to actually complete it in a month?

It's extremely trollish or not well executed. Or both.
Funny thing is that Ion even commented yesterday on the Convert to Raid interview that they messed up by not announcing their intention to get rid of the cloak quest at the end of MoP earlier. With the quest revamp it only makes sense to keep the buff till WoD launch.
10/13/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Katrina
Funny thing is that Ion even commented yesterday on the Convert to Raid interview that they messed up by not announcing their intention to get rid of the cloak quest at the end of MoP earlier. With the quest revamp it only makes sense to keep the buff till WoD launch.
Totally agree. If they know they messed up they should remedy it instead of just going "oops, we messed up" and expecting that to make it all better, which is what I hope they're not planning on doing.
I was also planning to do my LFR runs this is very frustrating.
Early bird gets the worm, you all need to stop being late birds.

Downvoted by a bunch of sad late birds.
10/13/2014 01:10 PMPosted by Zman

You mean like you getting the cloak all of last week? Scary early bird.
10/13/2014 01:13 PMPosted by Cavaletta
10/13/2014 01:10 PMPosted by Zman

You mean like you getting the cloak all of last week? Scary early bird.

I started working on the cloak right when they announced its removal. I'm the earliest of birds.
Pvp raid title
It was our understanding that the Gaze of the Black Prince buff would be removed when the realms were brought down to apply Patch 6.0.2. In reality, the buff was set to expire at 12:00 a.m. this morning. At this point it's not likely that we'll be able to reactivate the buff so that it's available for these waning hours prior to patch launch. We apologize for the discrepancy between our messaging and the actual timing of the buff's removal. It wasn't our intent to mislead or confuse anyone.
Sigh.
10/13/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Zarhym
It was our understanding that the Gaze of the Black Prince buff would be removed when the realms were brought down to apply Patch 6.0.2. In reality, the buff was set to expire at 12:00 a.m. this morning. At this point it's not likely that we'll be able to reactivate the buff so that it's available for these waning hours prior to patch launch. We apologize for the discrepancy between our messaging and the actual timing of the buff's removal. It wasn't our intent to mislead or confuse anyone.

Sounds like it should be turned on till Nov.13th, since there is literally no good reason not to.
Not really sure why it would even be turned off in the first place...