What a difference!

General Discussion
First, glad you are happy playing the game and have found a solution to something that was discouraging your enjoyment.

Wanted to comment on this:

I must say that the things I've found out about this behavior being condoned and even encouraged by Blizzard is more than a little disturbing to me.

There are PvE and PvP servers for a reason. People enjoy different play styles. If you are on a PvP server and it is bothering you about the unfair attacks (and unfortunately a bit more player toxicity) there is always the PvE server option.

At the same time, maybe players like the idea that the world is a dangerous place and that fights can break out anywhere, anytime, between anyone, for any reason. I myself am no PvP god but I think it adds a level of excitement to the game.

The TL;DR

Play on the server type that best fits your play style enjoyment and all is good.
Don't really get why a friend would pick your first server to be a 75%+ horde dominated pvp server and play alliance to be honest.

I wouldn't do that to anyone unless they pissed me off mightily.
10/12/2014 08:42 PMPosted by Voidrith
On timeless? Ganking typically isn't about harassing low levels/low gears or being a general jerk, it is more about gathering bloody coins for the mount/pets/title

Pretty much. I'm terrible at PVP so I stick to PVE servers lol
Yeah the server you're on really isn't noob friendly. Your friend should have thought of that. Your server is not only a pvp server but heavily Horde dominated. Honestly I would consider rerolling or switching servers before making any more toons on there because it's not going to get any better for you. You can still do 99% of everything WoW has to offer with your friends through real ID and CRZ.
However keep in mind on the Timeless Isle players are rewarded for killing one another with Bloody coins. So when a newly dinged 90 with questing clothes comes in it's like ringing the dinner bell for them.
10/12/2014 08:27 PMPosted by Arowynne
paid for first month per the bet we had *grins*

I demand to know what the bet was! (I am a curious as a cat.. I know...)