Currency in 6.0

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
Does this mean items like
  • Fire Support Robes
  • which cost 1485 Valor will cost 697g95s?

No the conversion rate for our Valor and Justice has nothing to do with the pricing of items that previously cost Valor or Justice, because gold is much easier to get.

So if I have the purchasing power now to acquire an item with VP, this switch will be taking that away. Got it. Sounds cool.

No the conversion rate for our Valor and Justice has nothing to do with the pricing of items that previously cost Valor or Justice, because gold is much easier to get.

So if I have the purchasing power now to acquire an item with VP, this switch will be taking that away. Got it. Sounds cool.

Literally your complaint made no sense to me
    10/08/2014 03:41 PMPosted by Snackaton
    Even at 47 silver per point, since gold is becoming the ONLY currency now to purchase stuff with, that seems very low.

Yep. Everything is going to be overinflated and the majority of the WoW population probably will have to be stuck farming stuff for DAYS to even make purchases for anything.

Welcome to WoD. "The Time sink patch" rofl.

Less manpower hours = find ways to make the sheeples spend more time doing mundane things in order to get the things necessary to do other mundane things within the game.
    This whole patch (If its an expansion, I am Donald Trump) has been about nothing more than finding ways to Timesink the game and to remove features that required more manpower hours to program (maintain). Everyone has the same abilities with different names, the professions have been gutted to prevent players from achieving higher performance without spending a bazillion hours farming items. Transportation has been levelled so it takes everyone 10 times as long to get around in game. Secondary stats have been removed to make it harder to twink out a toon and easier to "maintain" for the dev team.

The whole thing is a bunch of donkey poo and after the first wave of sales is over, I predict a huge loss in subs.

I wish I felt differently but I don't. This is only about time sinks and nothing else.

Btw: How do I know they need to cut manpower hours? Simple...remember those layoffs a couple years back? There are more coming soon as subs continue to spiral downward. I think this WoD mess is only going to serve to speed up the rate of sub loss after the first month of its release. I know I am cutting two accounts off and going to playing on only one.
    10/08/2014 02:11 PMPosted by Draenybrit
    10/08/2014 02:03 PMPosted by Trancendence
    Hey, no one knew it was that low. I had to go to twitter to try to find the answer, b/c no one had asked yet. I am still hoping this is a mistake and he meant the standard conversion to silver and not to copper, as per previous expansions.

The reason it was high previously was that the currencies were sticking around. Now they're not.

True. However, watch as the cost of items on the AH and in other places go way up while the drop rate of gold from mobs will diminish. This will mean a huge time sink in collecting gold like how things were in Vanilla. Lame in my opinion. the least they could have done was given players 1s per jp and 1g per vp collected. That would make a player have at most 3.4k gold from saving them.
    10/08/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Kalgon
    10/08/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Rygarius
    The gold conversion for Justice and Valor Points will be made at 47 silver per point.

The real question is, will the same rate be applied in the reverse? Will items that were purchasable with VP/JP (Old tier gear / Heirlooms, Frozen orbs etc....) now be purchasable with gold at the rate of 47 silver per point?

10/08/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Kalgon
    The gold conversion for Justice and Valor Points will be made at 47 silver per point.

The real question is, will the same rate be applied in the reverse? Will items that were purchasable with VP/JP (Old tier gear / Heirlooms, Frozen orbs etc....) now be purchasable with gold at the rate of 47 silver per point?

Highly doubtful. Blizzard seems intent on inflating the already inflated gold market in the game.
    I heard this was going to happen a while ago and although I didn't know the conversion rate I went ahead and Valor/Justice point Cap'd my 11 guys over the past few weeks. It will be a decent pay day for sure.
    10/08/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Draenybrit
    10/08/2014 02:41 PMPosted by Iceacid
    I just checked and found that only my priest had any justice points, so I purchased 13 frozen orbs.

Umm, you did see the bit where they said the conversion was 47s, not 47c right?

That is okay, I really needed the orbs more as I am trying to craft something that uses wrath items and make the Frosty Flying Carpet.

Mjc4ZDU0ZDBkZTRlYjQwNGEyMjlmNDM1Njk0MjNjZTdkMWQ0ODNjYQ==

to delist from cogshank
    4000 JP will be converted into 1880 gold. Just in case anyone was wondering :P
    10/08/2014 03:55 PMPosted by Resonance

https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/519670372291969026

Probably be better off spending it now and then vendoring the stuff you buy.

It's 47 silver. It was off by several decimal points when I got the info.

Two = several in Irvine?[/quote]

1 is copper
    100 is silver
    And 10000 is gold

Now all the numbers would be in gold if it has decimals so

silver in gold is 0.01

And copper in gold is 0.0001

So 47 silver would look like 0.47

And 47 copper would look like 0.0047
    Now assuming hes counting the number of decimal places rather than just the displacement than the fact he is calling 4 several is not so weird now is it