Soloing old Raids 6.0.2?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Anybody that does not have the Amani Battle Bear now is a good time to solo the heroic dungeon Zul'Aman.

Just got mine today.
if you could solo something last week, you can solo it this week... nothing has changed
Couldn't get pass heroic spine. wish they don't give the debuff when soloing. Also, i'm so happy that i can do Yogg no lights on all my toons now.
10/14/2014 11:15 PMPosted by Omgnotimba
I cant solo ICC25 gunship either, too much respawns and the time it takes to jump over and back takes my ship down about 10-15%

Sounds like the gunship is the new Kara chess event... (after they "fixed" old raid mechanics to make them soloable, and before they finally fixed the chess event 2 patches later)
Spine is the only thing I haven't been able to solo after the patch. Other than that though, I've full cleared everything pre-MoP on H25.

Edit: I'd suggest people get on it before it gets nerfed since all of the Cata raids still drop ~150g per boss and a ton of loot vendoring for 20-40g per piece.
i havent tried on live, but a couple days before 6.0.2, i went to run BT for shifts n giggles. no way of finishing... Essence of Despair is a 1 shot on yourself, even with white hits, and i switched from 2h to a lvl 70 1h and white hits were a 1 shot still.
10/13/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Cendy
10/13/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Flover
So is Firelands and DS soloable now?

I am able to solo all of Dragon Soul and Firelands 10 normal, currently.

It will be a lot easier to do so (for achievements, legendaries, mounts etc) at 100. Think of it like clearing ICC currently.

Also did firelands 10N on my ret, very easy and quick
Generally I run in pairs with my boyfriend because it's just more fun to do !@#$ with a buddy. But we've run into additional problems.

Spine of Deathwing.

Our problem with it comes in both normal AND heroic form. Forget about the gunship battle where it takes 2 years to kill the thing with the cannon, how about passively cleaving your mob before it gets to 9 stacks? :( We can't even run it on 25 man to reduce the cleave killing because we want to run heroics for both of Deathwing's mounts, but on 25 it craps out 3 debuffs that instantly one shot you if they run out. Not to mention that he could hardly keep aggro over my healer as is just because we can't touch the bloods or they explode anyway...

With a lot of finess we can avoid all of these issues, but I'm still forced to come on a healer and once we get to level 100 it's going to be even harder to keep the Amalg alive. All around, the fight should just be skippable and I don't know why they didn't just give us the option to skip it as is when you kill Blackhorn...

Other than that, no complaints, really. It's a lot of fun to solo old content. :) Going to try some Cata fights on Heroic 25 man next week (again, 2 manning).

Sorry, I don't solo a lot of content these days, so I can only comment on what I've experienced. Here's hoping that balancing with vehicle fights comes before next week, along with Spine fixes (or removal).
10/15/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Dessendant
Couldn't get pass heroic spine. wish they don't give the debuff when soloing. Also, i'm so happy that i can do Yogg no lights on all my toons now.

How do you do Yogg? I tried it on my shammy but the damn tentacles just keep grabbing me and i can't do anything.
Its only possible to solo with a pet so you can have it immediately attack the tentacle if I am not mistaken. I was able to down Yogg once on my own. Not planning on doing it again though. The insanity mechanic is quite... maddening. /duck
How are you guys soloing Val in ICC? Non-healers i mean
10/15/2014 07:43 PMPosted by Ivikatasha
10/15/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Dessendant

How do you do Yogg? I tried it on my shammy but the damn tentacles just keep grabbing me and i can't do anything.

I'm not too sure about shammy, but for warrior I use whirlwind, monk rushing jade, hunter use pet, dk spam blood boil and pally i use light hammer and consecrate. Pally was in prot spec.

I'm sure you can pop your searing totems or something before the tentacles grabs you.
SO far there's only been one boss who I can't get past - the rock guy in Dragon Soul. Otherwise? Netherspite went down in three hits, for crying out loud. Great time for going transmog hunting, this patch.
10/16/2014 12:03 AMPosted by Kanyeweezy
How are you guys soloing Val in ICC? Non-healers i mean

Don't need to do her anymore.

Thorim also no longer launches a death ball into the arena so you can just do the tunnel and then hit him and aoe all of the adds that are in the arena in Ulduar.

Rygarius made a post a while back stating they were going to be making sure some older instances are able to be solo'd. Not "Ezmode" but to where mechanics wouldn't make it impossible like the healing boss or thorim that had to be cheesed a bit.
10/13/2014 05:02 PMPosted by Kyzera
The buff to damage is only to lower level mobs from expansions prior to MoP. I had asked about excessive damage I was able to do to a training dummy on the Beta. Here is the reply I got:

07/19/2014 12:20 PMPosted by Zorbrix
The misses you note for the Raider's Training Dummy is because it's been scaled up to level 100.

The extra damage against the lower level target, the level 85 dummy, is because all players receive a damage increase factor when dealing damage to a creature that is lower level. This applies only to creatures from expansions prior to Mists of Pandaria.

Here's a [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087818929?page=2#37"]forum post[/url] explaining the logic behind it if you're curious (warning, contains a lot of math).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13510081117#3

Heck, that math is too complicated!

All i know is im going to Dragon soul to Wreck it up!
I can solo almost all wrath content except the Gunship and Lich King. Most cata content, Can't do the conclave in TotFW, and I can't do Deathwing.
lmao in russia you don't solo low level raids or dungeons they solo you lmao

what did the person on illidan trade chat say : they didn't patch a raid on damage yet.
i asked him how did you find that out?
he replied i got 1 shotted by a low level....
In the past just before ToT I could solo ZG mount bosses with little or no problem.... but could not solo the CoT cata dungeons on my mage (I missed last part of Cata). Maybe I could have on a DK/Hunter/Lock but would die to bosses with the mage.

Went in last night and trash would be 1 shot and bosses would take 3-5 frost bolts.
10/16/2014 02:13 AMPosted by Seirus
I can solo almost all wrath content except the Gunship and Lich King. Most cata content, Can't do the conclave in TotFW, and I can't do Deathwing.

Conclave was simple, just gotta be quick and have some self healing...I'm trying Dragon Soul (and Deathwing) today...
10/15/2014 12:09 AMPosted by Bnl
After dying to 25 man Ultraxion, I noticed my mistake and did 10 man - went down in @ 10 seconds.

Can you PLEASE tell me how u killed ultraxion? I've tried like 20 times with my warlock and he rapes me too fast (i killed the bosses before him like if i was in god mode or something, but ultraxion hits too hard @ 10 normal)