New Model Thread Catalogue

General Discussion
10/16/2014 10:35 PMPosted by Dela
10/15/2014 08:41 PMPosted by Table
I wanted to include an interesting tidbit in the OP, but I guess it'll suit a regular posting.

This is an example of Tyson's art:

http://i.imgur.com/RvmoQ4r.jpg

Can we have an art expert determine what style that is?

An anatomically incorrect head?

His art clearly isn't suited for the World of Warcraft universe. I believe he did a lot of the artwork for Hearthstone, which is cool.

But for WoW, it really isn't.
good compilation of some of the threads!
I've said it before, but .. the artcraft previews were wonderful and I felt relieved that all would be well. Then I was given Beta Access, logged in and got my wake up call. Admitably, some combinations are alright but most of them are a total loss.

Unfortunately, considering there were tons of responses on twitter and the beta forums, which met with zero response from BLIZ, I really doubt this thread will make any progress with the issue either.

The original previews, for the most part, looked like they would be a huge success.
The beta versions we have now, do not retain any spirit of the originals at all.

Day one of 6.0.2, knowing from the Beta they were awful, I just hit [Disable New Character Models] and will never enable them, end of issue. Like many other things with WoD, this was one of the reasons I was looking forward to it and like all the other reasons I thought I would love WoD, this has let me down.

All of this is extremely unlike BLIZ, who has always had a very high standard in the past. But I think with WoD, it seems like they said "screw it, don't care."

Of course, I do hope they'll surprise us and make good on their mistakes with these models as well as all the other points they totally missed during Beta but 3 months was enough time, they can't say they were unaware.

I'm just lost on why they released the artcrafts, and saw us praising them .. and then on beta, changed all those good models to the disappointments we have on live now.
Suggestion: can you add "capped" tag to the threads in the OP that are capped? It's nice to know which ones I can and can't contribute to :P
Already on the 4th one Table. And yes, Snuzz makes a good point, add cap for the sake of people keeping up with which ones are still active and available.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14926782577

^---Number 4 with a new more specific title :D
10/17/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Snuzzle
Suggestion: can you add "capped" tag to the threads in the OP that are capped? It's nice to know which ones I can and can't contribute to :P

Done!

10/17/2014 12:39 PMPosted by Makki
Already on the 4th one Table. And yes, Snuzz makes a good point, add cap for the sake of people keeping up with which ones are still active and available.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14926782577

^---Number 4 with a new more specific title :D

The struggle is real!
Thank you for this.
I'll just leave my feedback here while my character is on a long ride across Kalimdor:

Human male's arms are a bit too long, and their hairline seems a bit receded. Their arms could also stand to be tucked in a tad closer while running.

Human female's spaces between their eyes and brows could be reduced... haven't spent enough time outside of looking at the faces to have any more critique.

Some hairstyles look rushed; papery and don't sit right on the character (some hover above the char!)

Night Elf Males have too much vertical movement while running, and their torso leans too far forward while running. They also thrust their arms a bit too violently for it to look smooth. Also their legs are longer than they are wide, and something about how the edges look is really strange... at the right angles, one leg can look twice as thick as the other. Their idle pose also seems weird, hard to put my finger on the issue though.

Night Elf Females run is a bit too vertical... other than that I'm quite fond of the new model. Less bounce, plz!

Tauren Male leans a bit too far forward while running.

Taurens (M+F) jaws/mouths don't look quite right; not as cowlike.

Male Orc run could stand to be less hobbly

Other than these things i quite like them :3 there could also be more face selection with many of the female races... many of them are just different flavours of tired, and potentially psychopathic
10/18/2014 01:03 AMPosted by Spuddy
Tauren Male leans a bit too far forward while running.

I keep waiting for him to fall flat on his face
A wild [New Thread] appears!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14928002721

Snuzzle used [Add To Main Post!] It's not very effective...
Night elf run has to be changed. alot of the animations need to be changed BACK to the way they were before.

seriously though, i'm not going to shut up about this until it is fixed. i've given blizzard hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in the past, if they're giving me a revamp with a ticking time bomb of being able to use the older models, i require proper night elf animations that don't make me motion sick.

its worse as a combat rogue, too, because fleet footed and other added movement speed increasing effects make her bounce faster and more violently. the dash animation is great, even if it is differant than it was before, however the run looks like absolute $#!+ and i have to look at it constantly.

it would be awesome if blizzard put a "charactor-only" new / old model option. I enjoy the look of other people's toons for the most past, but displaying our original charactors would be awesome if it was a choice to display, kind of like hide cloak/ helm.
Another new models thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14926692990

Caution: thar be trolls in that thar thread.
I seriously cant comprehend how anyone on blizzard could see the new female human model and be like "yeah that will work.... They look like the old models"
How hard was it to match the make up and eye colors of the old models? Really? Plus they all look the same now and they look less feminine that before kinda like a joke.... I really cant see anyone approving this without thinking that we the palyer base have zero standards and are suppose to just let it slide.
10/19/2014 06:53 PMPosted by Snuzzle
Another (highly rated) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14926302973

I was just about to toss that one in here. I'm sure Table will appreciate it when he gets around again.
10/15/2014 08:00 PMPosted by Sigmaris
God I must be alone here, because in all actual honesty I love the way I look now to what I've looked like the last 7 years.

You are not alone.

(incoming lots of down votes for simply agreeing with you)
YAAAY more cataloguing!

And no Waalsh and Sigmaris, it's fine if you like them, but there's alot of us who are dissatisfied with what was thrown out there and are attempting to get Blizz to put up what they promised.
I see and know a lot of people who have reverted to the old models, so I am curious how many actually have.
This page has a preview of a few of the races.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/#characters

For the female gnome, the one that comes up resembles my gnome before. Unfortunately, that is not how she looks now. That gnome face is not an option at the barbershop. If my gnome looked like that, I would be happy and fine with her. Instead, she looks grumpy and coming off the longest bender in the world.

Even the greyed out tab for humans looks like a nicer face that is not an option now.