New Model Thread Catalogue

General Discussion
isn't there an option to use the old models
10/15/2014 07:42 PMPosted by Table
most feel they received no such thing.

I hate when people do this, don't claim "most" people care about it when you have no way of establishing how many people don't or do like something. Claiming the vocal minority accounts for the majority is just ignorant as hell.
I like the new models.

The old ones seem stiff and weird.
10/19/2014 07:35 PMPosted by Tizze
I like the new models.

The new ones are definitely more fluid, but the problem is the features are not matching properly.

http://i.imgur.com/T5NXxxa.png
10/19/2014 07:35 PMPosted by Tizze
I like the new models.

Every time:

http://i.imgur.com/FfYgn5E.jpg
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14928663134?page=1

Another thread about the new models, mostly focusing on the positives this time. But there are some dissenters, and even a lot of the folks who say they like them say they're not perfect (citing animations, faces, or hair/beards).
10/19/2014 07:34 PMPosted by Tizze
yes there is, the ppl who complain want blizzard to cater to them personally and give them new models they personally are happy with however even though its just not realistic or ever going to happen

blizzard cant please everyone, only try to please the majority - the QQ over the new models is not the majority so the QQ'ers are simply out of luck
10/20/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Zaxan
10/19/2014 07:34 PMPosted by Tizze
yes there is, the ppl who complain want blizzard to cater to them personally and give them new models they personally are happy with however even though its just not realistic or ever going to happen

blizzard cant please everyone, only try to please the majority - the QQ over the new models is not the majority so the QQ'ers are simply out of luck

I've been asking friends in game who never use the forums and they agree on a lot of issues too, especially with their mains.
I've been asking friends in game who never use the forums and they agree on a lot of issues too, especially with their mains.
I've been asking friends in game who never use the forums and they agree a lot of the new models are great too, especially with their mains.
I've asked my guild and most of them love the new models, even though they agree that some things could be improved upon, but nowhere close to the amount of rage this has brought in the forums.
Then its still divided isn't it, I still know a few pissed off people. But I also know a lot of raid oriented players who could not give a damn either way.
Raid oriented players probably care less about looks in general, but my guild is a RP guild, and still many of them like the changes.
10/20/2014 09:11 AMPosted by Joxminosclav
Raid oriented players probably care less about looks in general, but my guild is a RP guild, and still many of them like the changes.

Horde guild? Most horde characters are alright though?
I am really really not looking forward to the revamp of Blood Elves at this point. Bright side, I can always just turn them off and have a decent model to fall back on, I suppose.

The new Orc females look really good, and a couple of the new male models (Orc, Dwarf, Troll) turned out pretty nice as well. Some of the new models though.. ugh. I can't even imagine trying to play a Human or Gnome female character now.

And don't even get me started on Night Elves.

I can tell you from my experience that this is patently false. I've been raiding with hardcore progression guilds since Burning Crusade. And believe me, we care about how we look. There isn't a single person in our raids who isn't sporting some fabulous transmog.

It would help to note what races they play. Most of the disatisfaction seems targeted at specific faces and races..

See human females: http://i.imgur.com/FfYgn5E.jpg

Just...wat.