I queued for a raid as DPS

General Discussion
I hit accept, and it puts me in as tank, I then get flamed for trying to get past long queues.....Now I'm locked out for 30mins what is this
You sure you didn't leave the Tank role ticked?
10/16/2014 08:58 AMPosted by Fent

If we assume she is posting from the character that this happened on that wouldn't be possible since she doesn't have a tank spec on that character.
Post it on bug forum. It will get buried here on General.
10/16/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Just
10/16/2014 08:58 AMPosted by Fent

If we assume she is posting from the character that this happened on that wouldn't be possible since she doesn't have a tank spec on that character.
You don't need to have an active tank spec to queue as tank, just need to be a tank class for the option to light up.
10/16/2014 09:05 AMPosted by Shinfuse

You don't need to have an active tank spec to queue as tank, just need to be a tank class for the option to light up.

It literally WON'T let me queue as tank on purpose
10/16/2014 09:05 AMPosted by Shinfuse

Obviously, what I meant was since she didn't have a tank spec there is no reason for her to have selected the tanking role. I mean if she was duel spec and had forgotten to uncheck it then Fent's comment would have made sense. She didn't have a tanking spec though so there is no reason it would have been pressed.
10/16/2014 09:15 AMPosted by Dogofdecay
...You don't need to have an active tank spec to queue as tank, just need to be a tank class for the option to light up.

It literally WON'T let me queue as tank on purpose

I have yet to experience that, or the problem that you mentioned in the OP. I haven't been able to duplicate it, so I don't know what to tell you.
You actually DO need to have a tank off-spec to queue. It should be grayed out if you don't with the words " You are not specialized for this role.
We need a Tuesday to come fast this time :)