Travel Form / Flight Form Merge

Druid
Is there a way to un-merge these spells?

I really really dislike the merge of the travel/flight forms.

Beyond the less-than-purely-practical ability to shift into stag form wherever I please:

If I'm in combat, and shift into travel form (shifting me into a stag), in order to switch into flight form when out of combat, now I have to click out of travel form, then re-cast travel form to switch to flight form.

With the old system, I could switch directly from one to the other at will.

I also share the common complaint that I'd like to be able to shift in to stag form whenever I would like.

The whole merger is unintuitive and just plain not fun. Part of the fun of being a druid is choosing what form to shift into.
second this. Blizz its dumb.
who is responsible for these lousy druid changes? They've got some explaining to do!
I see now that if you use "Glyph of the Stag" as one of your minor glyphs, you have two separate buttons for travel form (Stag) and Flight Form.

However, since this is exclusive with "Glyph of the Cheetah," it is now impossible to be able to independently switch between travel/flight forms AND be a cheetah (I really like cheetah form).

I still feel this merger was a ridiculously unnecessary change.
@Däghda

Well you do have to take into consideration that the entire next xpack is grounded ... and flight form is going to be about as useful as aquatic form for a while ...
On top of that, my druid's got the Glyph of the Stag glyph active, but Flight Form doesn't show up in the spell book. Fortunately Bartender's stance bar still had it, but not the stupid spell book.
/cast Flight Form(Shapeshift)

make a macro, bind it wherever.

edit: This is for if you have the stag glyph and don't have Flight Form in your spellbook. It won't work without the glyph.
10/14/2014 04:20 PMPosted by Bankalt
/cast Flight Form(Shapeshift)

make a macro, bind it wherever.

edit: This is for if you have the stag glyph and don't have Flight Form in your spellbook. It won't work without the glyph.

This is the best solution for now. Just keep stag glyph and use this macro
Does anyone know why I can't switch to cat using a keybind? It always shifts me to flight form...I've even tried making a macro. This merging doesn't affect cat/bear/moonkin, does it?
I gave the "new and improved automagic form merge" a shot. It's as awful as they've been saying it was on the beta forums this whole time.
10/14/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Däghda
I see now that if you use "Glyph of the Stag" as one of your minor glyphs, you have two separate buttons for travel form (Stag) and Flight Form.

However, since this is exclusive with "Glyph of the Cheetah," it is now impossible to be able to independently switch between travel/flight forms AND be a cheetah (I really like cheetah form).

I still feel this merger was a ridiculously unnecessary change.

We complained on beta about the changes too, the finally gave us the glyph. But I'm not happy that I'm stuck with stag form because I prefer cheetah. I have travelers tundra and the chopper if I want to carry a passenger.

And why is there no flight form spell in the spellbook, now I can't key bind it anymore.
10/14/2014 05:18 PMPosted by Sinkara
Does anyone know why I can't switch to cat using a keybind? It always shifts me to flight form...I've even tried making a macro. This merging doesn't affect cat/bear/moonkin, does it?

My keybind for my other forms still work, I double checked my cat, prowl from caster form takes me straight into prowled cat as it did before and my moonkin keybind also works. You might want to double check your keybinding.
I very much dislike these changes to shapeshifting. I call for the immediate resignation of the developer responsible for this senseless, useless change. There was nothing wrong with the shapeshifting buttons the way they were. Plus the reduction of flight form speed to 150% is pure slap in the face to me
I rarely post here, because I quit over a year ago. I was gifted a gamecard so I decided to pop on and check things out today. Wow....this is a stupid change. I just wanna turn into a cheetah. i don't wanna be forced to turn into a bird or a stag when I want to be a cheetah. Revert this please.
Give this a try

/cast !Travel Form

It's basically just the power shift macro that prioritizes flight form over ground travel, but will go into ground travel when in combat/non-flyable zone
10/14/2014 05:18 PMPosted by Sinkara
Might have to do with cat form becoming stance 2 instead of stance 3. Check that your keybind or macro is set to stance 2. That should put you in cat form instead of flight/travel form.
Some guy was half asleep in a meeting, realized people were looking at him for ideas and spat out "Let's merge druid forms!"

That's all i can think of to explain it. It's okay, I've been that person, confused and on the spot. But it's time to admit you were wrong. Blame it on the lack of espresso that day.
10/14/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Garielle
I gave the "new and improved automagic form merge" a shot. It's as awful as they've been saying it was on the beta forums this whole time.

Yes. So many people have been complaining for months about this change and they dismissed it with a snarky response when there have been solutions to please everyone.
the merging of the "form" buttons is pretty bad. not only is it cumbersome, but i was trying to to hit flight form during a quest, and over and over again i had to hit the button. it just kept throwing me into travel form. probably took me at least 10 tries, on several occasions, to get it to work right.