Worgen Skin Customization Fix

General Discussion
Welcome to 6.0.2! We’re in the process of tracking a couple dozen or so hotfixes we’ve implemented, or are in the process of implementing, and we’ll be updating the 6.0.2 Hotfixes blog as they come in.

In the meantime, we wanted to bring up an issue we’re looking into with Worgen skin options. Worgen (or Gilnean, if you prefer) characters are pretty unique in that their customization options are linked between each form (Human and Worgen). As work progressed on updated character models for 6.0.2, there was an error in how we numbered the texture files used to set which skin tones are linked between them. Some Worgen players out there are seeing a pretty stark mismatch, which is due to the game simply pointing at the wrong texture file. While it’s a simple error, it does require a client-side change to correct. We’re in the process of working on a client side patch to address this and a few other issues, and we’re working to get that out tomorrow if possible.

We’re excited to take this first giant step toward Warlords of Draenor with you, we’re continuing to read your feedback, and hope you’re enjoying fighting off this first wave of the Iron Horde invasion. As always, thanks for playing, and we’ll see you in-game!
Will there be general polishing of the models over coming months? My eyes are just.. Not the same.

Edit: Just logged in and WoW. I mean seriously. How did this go live?

http://imgur.com/KeqAqTd

Edit 2: I just couldn't cope with the new face. I decided to go Dwarf since they look infinitely better and hope that the eyes are fixed at some point in the future so I can return to my beloved goat lady.
Any fix to the loss of darker skin in humans? Really hoping it is an oversight that my black human warrior turned white overnight.
So we are getting dark-skin humans back? Because that was what my alt-human worgen was.
10/14/2014 07:32 PMPosted by Drewsifer
Any fix to the loss of darker skin in humans? Really hoping it is an oversight that my black human warrior turned white overnight.
10/14/2014 07:34 PMPosted by Devon
I said it once and I'll say it again.

I logged on and switched to human, I was white, not black.

I went to the barber and looked at the skin color, everything is white, no pigment allowed.

Do I get my skin color black?

Don't be racers.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Wow, yours too? Here's the differences I've noticed with mine:

http://warrior-rasheed.tumblr.com/post/100043587080/warrior-rasheed-rasheed-before-and-after-the

Edit: How do we even do URL links on this forum again? It's been a while.
Humans still cannot be made with a skin tone darker than a moderate tan.
Skin color change added to the barber for every races, pretty please?
Glad to see this will be fixed.
10/14/2014 08:18 PMPosted by Provence
Female Draenei:
Terrible eyes.
Duckface.
Put on weight in the wrong places.

Agree on the first two points, but ... no @ the "put on weight" nonsense.
Hello Bashiok and thank you very much! I hope to see the Worgen/Human (and Human/Human :P) skin tones fixed soon.

While on the topic of skintones, the Draenei female eye color for the darkest skin color is noticeably different than the rest. It is a swampy green rather teal-blue. The now-faint glow appears to be missing entirely. I understand Draenei lost most of their white eye glow because lore-wise their eyes are supposed to be blue (which is nice! designing around lore! finally!) but that doesn't explain the swampy green eyes on the darkest skin color. I cannot fix this without paying for a character customization change because this particular eye color is only tied to the darkest skin color and I am wondering what can be done here for Draenei with skin tone problems.
Worgen DKs too! they didnt get a human DK skin option
10/14/2014 08:57 PMPosted by Mawile
Hello Bashiok and thank you very much! I hope to see the Worgen/Human (and Human/Human :P) skin tones fixed soon.

While on the topic of skintones, the Draenei female eye color for the darkest skin color is noticeably different than the rest. It is a swampy green rather teal-blue. The now-faint glow appears to be missing entirely. I understand Draenei lost most of their white eye glow because lore-wise their eyes are supposed to be blue (which is nice! designing around lore! finally!) but that doesn't explain the swampy green eyes on the darkest skin color. I cannot fix this without paying for a character customization change because this particular eye color is only tied to the darkest skin color and I am wondering what can be done here for Draenei with skin tone problems.

Actually, I think the purple draenei skin colors are supposed to be the slightly-fel-tainted ones, so that might be why their eyes glow greenish instead of blue.

But that's just based on pure assumption on my part as to why some draenei are purple.
This is happening with dark skinned humans as well, not just worgens.

All of my dark skinned human women are now lighter than they were before the patch.

My friend has stated that this has happened to his dark skinned human males as well.

Please fix this.
Any chance that, instead of the bandaid being replaced, we could actually get the separation of worgen and human customization that was "in the works" back when Cataclysm was still being developed?

this i want to know my worgen human form is white wen it use to be A Medium Tan