Blizzard, what did you do to my toon??

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
The new models were supposed to be close in representation to the originals. Sorry, but this is not the case. Instead of the sweet, fresh faced, open eyed dwarf girl model that I almost *always* roll for my dwarves, I log in to find this.. this monstrosity.

This is NOT how I want my toon to look. This is NOT the model I would have chosen originally. This is nowhere near any kind of representation for my character at all.

This is not ok. Give us the option to tweak our toons to our liking please, for free, without having to pay extra. This is absolutely ridiculous.
You can change the appearance in the barber shop
Advanced Graphics tab, check box to use the old models
Just wanted to say you should be able to change your face and stuff at the barber shop right now.

But yeah a lot of the faces just don't even feel the same.
10/14/2014 11:52 AMPosted by Níghtwing
You can change the appearance in the barber shop

Still not helping.
10/14/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Evilmuffin
Still not helping.

10/14/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Darkprofit
Relax, darlin'. After a couple o' drinks, ye won't notice, or care. I think ye look good, meself. *chugs a keg, pints are fer sissies*
10/14/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Knaris
Just wanted to say you should be able to change your face and stuff at the barber shop right now.

It's not even that they don't "feel" the same. This particular one is *nothing* like the original with the exception of having blue colored eyes. Other than that, the eyes themselves are beady, the eye sockets are deep set, the entire face looks like it has had one too many punches with gravity.

Going from fresh faced to run down is NOT sticking close to the originals. It makes no damned sense.

Even the faces that can be changed to look awful, and none of the even semi decent ones have blue eyes like on my original.

Blizz, I have never been one to qq about things much, if at all. But this goes beyond the limit.
We can change faces at the babershop, but what about skin colors? Some of my skin colors now look terrible with the new faces :(
10/14/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Meemuu
10/14/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Evilmuffin
Still not helping.

10/14/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Darkprofit

You, sir, are a prince amongst wolfies.
Most people like the new models

You are in the minority

Posted by Darkprofit

I have to laugh the dwarves have never looked appealing to me, its the gnomes; that's where its at. I did think they would make chars like these look worse though.
Well I'm certainly puzzled by the look on my gnome's face when she teleports, whoa. Whoa.
10/14/2014 12:04 PMPosted by Molli
We can change faces at the babershop, but what about skin colors? Some of my skin colors now look terrible with the new faces :(

I hate to spiral it into a "if you give a mouse a cookie" situation but it feels really weird to me that they would add faces and leave the only thing remaining (skin colors) as a paid service for only some of the races. Just be done with it and let us re-customize fully... right now skin is a $5 service tacked onto an unwanted $10 name change.
/pulls helm low
As long as I got my horns, my bouncy nose ring and my swishy tail...

Hm I guess dwarves don't have the same problems cows got. Well at least you got a neck.
So I went through the character creation screen and I can't find a single dwarf female face that doesn't look high.

Going to the barbershop doesn't help when they're all equally stoned - tho some are more angry stoned than others.
10/14/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Knaris

I think they had to do that after they just gave up on some faces like this one.
10/14/2014 12:08 PMPosted by Amyiss
So I went through the character creation screen and I can't find a single dwarf female face that doesn't look high.

Going to the barbershop doesn't help when they're all equally stoned - tho some are more angry stoned than others.

It's because all the eyes are the same.
See, instead of an Advanced Graphics Tab, Blizzard should just have released a rather potent alcoholic drink in game, which if you imbibed enough of, would return you to the "old" graphics.
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/october/DwarfFemaleFaces.jpg

From this you have face #8 correct? Looks pretty close to me, though the eye colour could be a little more blue.
They appear to have tried to keep the "feel" of each face while giving them more of a racial identity as well, rather than you just looking like a fat short human.