Blizzard, what did you do to my toon??

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
10/14/2014 11:52 AMPosted by Níghtwing
You can change the appearance in the barber shop

Yes, but can you change the standing and run animations?

And a preemptive no, the entire point of using the "old models option" is for bad computers, not because they destroyed the entire feel of my character.
10/14/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Jaf
10/14/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Zedious

That only show you the old models, everyone else will still see the new ones. From what I have heard...

Your point?

I agree, as long as you are happy with the looks, whether anyone else sees ugly or not why does it matter? Most of us all thought they were Ugleh anyhow. Sorry.
10/14/2014 12:04 PMPosted by Evilmuffin
10/14/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Knaris
Just wanted to say you should be able to change your face and stuff at the barber shop right now.

But yeah a lot of the faces just don't even feel the same.

It's not even that they don't "feel" the same. This particular one is *nothing* like the original with the exception of having blue colored eyes. Other than that, the eyes themselves are beady, the eye sockets are deep set, the entire face looks like it has had one too many punches with gravity.

Going from fresh faced to run down is NOT sticking close to the originals. It makes no damned sense.

Even the faces that can be changed to look awful, and none of the even semi decent ones have blue eyes like on my original.

Blizz, I have never been one to qq about things much, if at all. But this goes beyond the limit.

Yes because you were so drop dead gorgeous before right?

Atleast now you got a face.
I look like an older version of Arya Stark, with googly eyes....

well at least she blinks, occasionally.
Ah that moment when everyone who didn't check out the PTR get to see what a mess some of these new model faces can be, some not all. But when its bad...it feels bad. For example why out of all female faces did the one I pick (purple eyes and freckles face) get fatter and my lips got thinner. Little things like that everywhere.
10/14/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Alera
I am so, so sorry. I was really hoping they'd fix this when people started asking and complaining about this specific face MONTHS AGO. =(

I think you guys might have skullface to thank for the barber shop plastic surgery, because no one can even pretend the new version of this face is accurate.
10/14/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Mubulin
10/14/2014 11:52 AMPosted by Níghtwing
You can change the appearance in the barber shop

Yes, but can you change the standing and run animations?

And a preemptive no, the entire point of using the "old models option" is for bad computers, not because they destroyed the entire feel of my character.

This complaint I understand a tad more, rather than just the looks; the ultimate reason you chose your character has been ruined.
10/14/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Bromosapien
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/october/DwarfFemaleFaces.jpg

From this you have face #8 correct? Looks pretty close to me, though the eye colour could be a little more blue.
They appear to have tried to keep the "feel" of each face while giving them more of a racial identity as well, rather than you just looking like a fat short human.

Nope, #7. And, no - in game, the new model does not NOT look like og muffin.

OG muffin is made of puppies and rainbows and nice. The new model is... not so much. -.-
These new models are fugly. Not only are they weird and creepy, I just don't feel the 'Zen' anymore. Running around Azeroth looking like this is no longer cool, and it *used* to be cool.

Glad I saw it before I bought the exp.
You think YOU have it bad?

http://i.imgur.com/czriYNA.jpg

Gnomes still look like they're all hungover and grouchy. Yes, even the smiley cute faces are upset.
Well at least they gave my toon a bra, finally.

And her boobs are still fairly generous in size.
10/14/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Waalsh
10/14/2014 12:04 PMPosted by Evilmuffin

It's not even that they don't "feel" the same. This particular one is *nothing* like the original with the exception of having blue colored eyes. Other than that, the eyes themselves are beady, the eye sockets are deep set, the entire face looks like it has had one too many punches with gravity.

Going from fresh faced to run down is NOT sticking close to the originals. It makes no damned sense.

Even the faces that can be changed to look awful, and none of the even semi decent ones have blue eyes like on my original.

Blizz, I have never been one to qq about things much, if at all. But this goes beyond the limit.

Yes because you were so drop dead gorgeous before right?

Atleast now you got a face.

It was never about being drop dead gorgeous, when I roll my dorf girls. I have chose the blue eyed fresh faced ones, because I always roll healers. Fresh faced looking = does not go into battle, toe to toe.

The new face looks like it has been tanking, and without using mitigation. -.-
Sorry to hear you're not enjoying your updated character! :( As others have mentioned, we've added facial customization options to the in-game barbershop, which will allow you to change additional appearance options for an in-game gold cost.

With the old models looking as... old, as they did, there's always been some amount of interpretation that's going to happen from person to person as they fill in the quality-gaps, and add their own story and character to any of the looks. Where a squiggly blurry line might look like a scar to you, it might look like freckles to someone else. A furled brow is grease smudge, a wince is a grimace, or a smile is a pout. We went into the archives, back to the source material and textures, and spent a lot of time trying to ensure we were interpreting all those squiggles and smudges in a way that is as true to the originals as possible, while also updating them to much higher resolutions and levels of fidelity. No easy task, I assure you. We expect that some will have had different interpretations of those old blurry textures than the ones we arrived at, and that's why we brought some of the recustomization features in-game for "free" (small gold cost like other barbershop features), and with that you can hopefully find new combinations and options that do appeal to you.
10/14/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Cantaloupe
You think YOU have it bad?

http://i.imgur.com/czriYNA.jpg

Gnomes still look like they're all hungover and grouchy. Yes, even the smiley cute faces are upset.

Yeah, I took a look at my gnome priesty healer, and all of a sudden she is dark skinned. Like... huh? Her face is wonky too. But since she is part of my backlog of healers (yay having all healer classes at 90 ftw?), it wasn't as much as an impact (for me personally. I feel for the others who have also had their main toons borked) as muffin was for me. Even my main 25 man hpally toon (draenai) looks wonky.

These types of changes make no sense.
10/14/2014 12:34 PMPosted by Bashiok
With the old models looking as... old, as they did, there's always been some amount of interpretation that's going to happen from person to person as they fill in the quality-gaps, and add their own story and character to any of the looks. Where a squiggly blurry line might look like a scar to you, it might look like freckles to someone else. A furled brow is grease smudge, a wince is a grimace, or a smile is a pout. We went into the archives, back to the source material and textures, and spent a lot of time trying to ensure we were interpreting all those squiggles and smudges in a way that is as true to the originals as possible, while also updating them to much higher resolutions and levels of fidelity. No easy task, I assure you.

Still doesn't explain why my run and stand animations are so much different now.
So my beard is supposed to look like spiky clay then?
10/14/2014 12:12 PMPosted by Jartaan
I just want to point out that currently the recustomization service also lets you change gender on top of renaming and skin colour.

Ah, true! I forgot about that.

Honestly I could see them putting gender in there too but for significantly more gold, like 2k or something. Then just have name change as a paid service.

The other paid services like race, faction, server, all have game or stat impacts, but skin and gender are purely cosmetic and don't affect gameplay... I don't see why they're treated the same, honestly. My character's skin color doesn't really affect server balance or need to be regulated or deterred by cash purchases, but I can understand why something like transfers would be.
10/14/2014 12:34 PMPosted by Bashiok
With the old models looking as... old, as they did, there's always been some amount of interpretation that's going to happen from person to person as they fill in the quality-gaps, and add their own story and character to any of the looks. Where a squiggly blurry line might look like a scar to you, it might look like freckles to someone else. A furled brow is grease smudge, a wince is a grimace, or a smile is a pout. We went into the archives, back to the source material and textures, and spent a lot of time trying to ensure we were interpreting all those squiggles and smudges in a way that is as true to the originals as possible, while also updating them to much higher resolutions and levels of fidelity. No easy task, I assure you. We expect that some will have had different interpretations of those old blurry textures than the ones we arrived at, and that's why we brought some of the recustomization features in-game for "free" (small gold cost like other barbershop features), and with that you can hopefully find new combinations and options that do appeal to you.

Yes, I must have just interpreted a gaping hole where there is now a restored nose.

http://i.imgur.com/OvGkqZX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8Vmb1yY.jpg
On one hand I understand what Bashiok is saying, but on the other hand the bottom half of my face is a completely different color than it used to be and my teeth are now grey (undead jaw face); I feel like that's beyond being a matter of different interpretation.