Low-Level Instances and the Mana Bulldozers

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
In the current state of tuning, it is not possible to complete a very low-level random dungeon, and in some cases, questing in the open world is incredibly dangerous.

Basically, any mob that has mana will steamroll your face. In Ragefire Chasm, the second boss' melee attacks were hitting me for 1,200. His spell casts hitting for 2,200. I am a tank with less than 1,000 health. Even the trash mobs, the Dark Shaman Alcolytes, were knocking me down to ~15% health with a single melee attack.

Also, brewmaster monks are taking an absurd amount of damage at level ~64-66. I was kicked from an instance with a brewmaster tank because I "couldn't keep up" and I "wasn't healing right", even though this is the third time I've levelled a Mistweaver Monk. The power of my heals does not seem to be an issue. The amount of damage some of the tanks are taking does.

I understand that the scaling isn't perfect yet, we're on day 3 of a major content patch, which drastically affected the character and how enemies have to interact with said targets.

I'm not mad. I just want to level my RaF babies. That's all. Halp. :)
Not just you I cant lvl my low druid because of this everyother thing is killing me in 1-2 hits and I have 2400 life in bear form..
We got told our Feedback was incorrect and pointless on the Beta Forums, so this is the result.
Blizzard said yesterday that they are hotfixing the difficulty for leveling. They also said they did not intend to make leveling more difficult. So it'll go back to normal.
i tried to do deadmines first boss and my whole party got 1 shot over and over 1 by 1. this is bs. they need to hotfix this yesterday.
I agree. When I can't even tank effectively because I am getting hit once and going down, something needs to be done.
Personally, I like it. I healed a Hellfire Ramparts last night on my holy priest and it took actual coordination and not mindless gameplay. THIS, is how the game was originally played, it took actual skill and coordination. These are the days of when Crowd Control was a crucial part of dungeons and raids, not just running in and aoe tanking half the instance. It's not that it's too tough, it's that the player's have gotten less skilled and too used to easy dungeons and gameplay.

I truly would hope they keep this style. It's a better sense of accomplishment and more fun. Sure you can't go through the instances as fast, but from what I can tell it seems like you get a bit more experience for completing the dungeons.
10/16/2014 06:32 AMPosted by Neheavus
In the current state of tuning, it is not possible to complete a very low-level random dungeon, and in some cases, questing in the open world is incredibly dangerous.

Basically, any mob that has mana will steamroll your face. In Ragefire Chasm, the second boss' melee attacks were hitting me for 1,200. His spell casts hitting for 2,200. I am a tank with less than 1,000 health. Even the trash mobs, the Dark Shaman Alcolytes, were knocking me down to ~15% health with a single melee attack.

Also, brewmaster monks are taking an absurd amount of damage at level ~64-66. I was kicked from an instance with a brewmaster tank because I "couldn't keep up" and I "wasn't healing right", even though this is the third time I've levelled a Mistweaver Monk. The power of my heals does not seem to be an issue. The amount of damage some of the tanks are taking does.

I understand that the scaling isn't perfect yet, we're on day 3 of a major content patch, which drastically affected the character and how enemies have to interact with said targets.

I'm not mad. I just want to level my RaF babies. That's all. Halp. :)

This is what I am talking about here. Your tank blames you because you didn't "keep him up" when in reality it is his fault for probably pulling to many, or dps not focusing the same target, among other things that could cause a group to wipe.

This is what instances used to be like. It actually took some thought and coordination, not just run in, grab everything and aoe. Because players like your tank are unskilled and don't understand the game very well, they blame you, the healer which is what most underskilled players do.
The major issue is that leveling dungeons don't have rewards befitting needing coordination, I like the idea of them switching to that model, but the XP feels balanced on 5-10 minute fast clears, especially the higher level dungeons.
Boaden, you appear to have severe reading comprehension issues. The person you're responding to is himself playing a tank, not a healer. He claims his tank character has about 1,000 HP, which ought to be appropriate for Ragefire Chasm. He gets one-shot by a single boss auto-attack. That's not a welcome "increase in challenge", that's the game being broken.
10/16/2014 09:36 AMPosted by Xantic
i tried to do deadmines first boss and my whole party got 1 shot over and over 1 by 1. this is bs. they need to hotfix this yesterday.

Well, it's called Deadmines... /s
A fix for the low level difficulty is incoming. Blizzard just announced a hotfix for that.
10/16/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Postonforums
The major issue is that leveling dungeons don't have rewards befitting needing coordination, I like the idea of them switching to that model, but the XP feels balanced on 5-10 minute fast clears, especially the higher level dungeons.

True, if they could increase the gains from 1 completed instance that would be nice. Otherwise, I love the new challenging gameplay again.
10/16/2014 10:49 AMPosted by Boaden
10/16/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Postonforums

True, if they could increase the gains from 1 completed instance that would be nice. Otherwise, I love the new challenging gameplay again.

Blizzard has an issue with good incentives though, theyd give 700 ilevel gear for doing BRD
10/16/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Elonael
Boaden, you appear to have severe reading comprehension issues. The person you're responding to is himself playing a tank, not a healer. He claims his tank character has about 1,000 HP, which ought to be appropriate for Ragefire Chasm. He gets one-shot by a single boss auto-attack. That's not a welcome "increase in challenge", that's the game being broken.

Maybe you should read his entire post genius. I was responding to his second paragraph. In his second paragraph he was talking about healing as a Mistweaver Monk.

"Also, brewmaster monks are taking an absurd amount of damage at level ~64-66. I was kicked from an instance with a brewmaster tank because I "couldn't keep up" and I "wasn't healing right", even though this is the third time I've levelled a Mistweaver Monk. The power of my heals does not seem to be an issue. The amount of damage some of the tanks are taking does."

Maybe you should read an entire post before making stupid comments.
Wowhead database only shows the spells of the second boss hitting for ~125. Server side bug? But yes, as people have said, the content will be neutered soon enough.
Guys, please don't argue. Enough of that in the dungeons already.

I'm glad to know that they've got a hotfix on the way. Hopefully this all evens out pretty soon. :)