Didn't you listen about the models 2!!

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Holy....wow, didn't expect that, we reached the post limit on that thread. Guess I gotta make another one to keep us going strong.

Here's the first thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14881218044

Alright ya'll, as a recap, I'm re-posting the list from the original thread placed before;

Here's a list of the major points brought out in many of the threads (and adding in some points:

General issues with most race models
    Strange and ungainly animation, usually in casting.
    WEIRD running animation that causes strange skippy motion without running boosts/ect.
    Hair is clipping and breaking through helms (it works for my hairstyle, but definitely not for others)
    Cloaks are clipping badly with spines
    Weapons are clipping badly and cutting into body parts while on the back
    Older armor isn't fitting properly on many models
    Many hairstyles have become flat and lifeless, as well as static as if made of steel
    Eye and nose shapes are all similar on many female (and some male) models, causing 'same face syndrome'
    Eye GLOWS are vanishing or clipping through the face, way too bright or not there at all.

Tauren Females:
    Weird open mouths during idle
    Our spotted skins ripped off from male skin
    Noses these weird half cut llama noses instead of full pads like old models
    Hair and eye colors randomly changed
    Still odd jumping animation
    Sitting down lifts our robes up revealing invisible legs/torso and floating feet (we got the 'Drafty Leg Syndrome' from the Draenei males!!)
    ONLY 4 faces!!
    ....Why do I look like I just rolled around in volcanic ash instead of having black fur?

Tauren Males:
    Nose is NOT in any form that of a cow, they at least have their mouths closed
    Only 5 faces!!
    Strange kind of prancing-stomp run
    Seriously, what's up with the coat colors being oddly changed to different shades?

Gnome Females:
    Suddenly all of them are angry or look psychotic, especially during casting animations
    Odd widows peak appearing in at least 6 hairstyles, which do not fit together!
    Still having some bug-eyed issues on some faces, as well as bags. Are these gnomes getting sleep?

Gnome Males:
    Patchy, loose, almost glued on hair
    Suddenly all look like angry psychopaths like their female counterparts
    Weird kind of prancy...duck waddle...motion when running. (anyone ever see a duck skip?)

Troll Females:
    Only 6 faces, and only 1 that doesn't look constipated/angry!
    Weird waddling running animation
    Feet flopping even worse than before!

Toll Males:
    Loosing their hair in random patches!
    Weird floppy feet while running
    Feet are also breaking out of skirt/robes/dresses during running
    Flex emote causes face to collapse into itself
    Emotions range from stoned - angry - no flucks to give
    Along with weird feet issues, running looks odd and ungainly

Night Elf Females:
    Strange facepaint-looking markings
    Random lipsticks and cosmetics
    Total facial reconstruction (refer to below*)
    Runs like she's skipping or a linebacker!
    Flat hair color
    Having some bad ripping and tearing at the edges of the mouth when the lips extend
    *Chipmunk cheeks, when did the N/e girls gain so much weight?
    *Unwarranted Rhinoplasty surgery.

Night Elf Males:
    Runs like his legs are wet noodles (WET NOODLES)
    Flat hair color
    They still have a color seam on the back of their neck.
    Head still too far forward.
    Heads/faces too fat. Looks like something was dropped on them, and squished their head down some, and mucked up their neck.

Human Females:
    Everyone of them has too high of eyebrows making them appear surprised!
    Random emotion changes (original face was happy, new one is angry)
    More random color changes from originals
    Why can't we be Black anymore?

Human Males:
    All of them look depressed!!
    Plastic, stuck on pineapple beards and facial hair.
    Seriously though, WHY CAN'T WE BE BLACK!? (this goes for worgens too)

Draenei Females:
    Highbeam lights for eyeballs
    Weird prancing running animation
    Eyes changed from white to blue
    Odd reshaping of the skull and flattening of hair-dos.
    Duck face. (all I gotta say.)
    One of said hairstyles is broken
    Large anime eyes with a kind of....dead dullness despite the highbeams.

Draenei Males:
    They've lost their neck
    Their shoulders have been oddly pinched in, making a kind of constant shrugged motion.

Undead Males:
    Head forced too forward
    Unable to access empty eye-sockets option anymore
    Suddenly turned into spring-heels Jack for running animation
    Polygon deformation when you look at where the leg and hip join up when running

Undead Females:
    Head forced too forward
    Unable to access empty eye-sockets option anymore
    Faces oddly wrinkled, giving a look of old lady-ness.
    Strange 'evil' worked eyebrows.
    Weird recoloring of hair and skin.
    Suddenly turned into spring-heels Jack for running animation
    Polygon deformation when you look at where the leg and hip join up as they run

Orc Males:
    Seem to be having a bad case of male pattern baldness and receding hairlines
    Odd walking motion in the feet causing strange foot turning

Orc Females:
    Have a weird motion to their hips, making them look as if they're trying not to poop themselves.

Dwarf Females:
    Looked so great in artcraft, now suddenly have odd wrinkles.
    Why do you keep changing the eye colors?!
    Loss of freckles on some faces

((If you see anything else that should be added, don't be afraid to speak up!))
--------

Now remember, this is a list of suggestions/feedbacks that many people have pointed out as things that need to be fixed or tweaked. This is not a place of total bashing and hatred, we're here to give constructive criticism, and as stated before, are looking for a compromise.

So give your feelings, and try to have fun, even in the mass of all of this.
Link to the capped thread in the OP mate. Always.

Keep fighting. <3

Btw, first.

Oop, huh, thought I had it in there, thanks for catching that for me!
Go go go New Justice Team!
10/14/2014 10:03 PMPosted by Stugrad
Go go go New Justice Team!

XD One way to put it.

If you want a good thread with example pictures, Breezie has a good thread on it as well:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14882548365
I will keep saying it: I am unhappy about the new models and faces. My character is gone and I will never get him back unless I play on the old models, which I DO NOT want to do. I WANT to enjoy new, higher-res models. But I also want to look like Aelamdor.
I still agree that tauren nose sucks and needs to look like a cow. There's no consistency since there's nothing else in any media that looks like this. Cinematics, concept art ect does NOT look like that.
I am liking this thread like I did the last. Blizzard has ignored far too many threads on the BETA about a lot of things, so now they have to pay the price as they say, with things being live. NOW, maybe they will listen I feel like sometimes they don't until the masses carry on like spoiled kids

But if acting like a child means we get heard then so be it I say.
Did anyone mention that a lot of the new running animations for a lot of races are the same as Pandaren? ie Male Human, Male Dwarf, Male Nelf, Female Draenei. Or are they currently placeholders until Blizzard is done finishing them?
My two cents

http://i.imgur.com/VVPF4PJ.png

^glitched beard, uses the colour of the one above, rather then the navy blue hair.

http://i.imgur.com/nmUjAb8.png and http://i.imgur.com/aXvzx2k.png

Female night elves, Lip colour issues, No more eyelashes, 2 of the tattoos (owl and bear) not being the same as the original, owl being stretched below the eye, bear no longer having cute lil antenna things

http://i.imgur.com/2MSdmp0.jpg

Something else I noticed, the face of the ingame model is not the face of the gear viewer. I feel like the model viewer's face is correct and the in game one is incorrect, because myself and everyone other lady with face number four did not have a smile D:

Hey, ladies with the short hair, ever wonder why your short hair isnt short anymore? heres why:
http://i.imgur.com/e5H3oPj.jpg and another example of copy past hairstyle right here : http://i.imgur.com/j4ktINZ.jpg

Femtaurens now have open mouths, and copy pasted spots of the male taurens. https://i.imgur.com/xt6zsno.jpg

You may say, so they copy pasted the skin big deal, who cares, would it be acceptable if the human models looked like this ? https://i.imgur.com/LMeDIe3.jpg No, of course it wouldnt.

http://i.imgur.com/Z0RwqtX.png

Here is an example of how night elves now share the female trolls 'leaning to the left' posture from before the update. All of them now lean to their left :/

The models just dont seem done. Especially the night elf male D:

Example of how this change has warped certain chest armors, appologies for using mostly skimpy mogs in this screenshot, but i wanted to make them stand out and show exactly was i was talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/wru4mXG.jpg

everything is warped and squished inwards like this ----> <----- the darnassian tabard is ruined like this D' ; our mighty tree branches are tiny little twigs
Why don't you skip over here and say that.
10/14/2014 10:08 PMPosted by Ldg
Did anyone mention that a lot of the new running animations for a lot of races are the same as Pandaren? ie Male Human, Male Dwarf, Male Nelf, Female Draenei. Or are they currently placeholders until Blizzard is done finishing them?

Nope, they've said nothing of the sort. But you're right, it seems all the runs have become variations of bouncy pandarens' run. Which works great on pandarens....noooot on other races.
I'd like to add that the female Gnomes also have weird bulging eyes with bags under them. Would be nice if they were smoothed out with the cheeks more. Right now the eyes look SO awkward... :/
I posted a couple times in the first thread on this topic.

So, all I could stomach was trying out my male night elf and male human. I never even bothered looking at all my other characters. I have one of each race both Horde and Alliance but what's the point of even checking them now?

Everything is so bad it angers me. I haven't even been in-game playing since I checked out my two characters and that was 7+ hours ago. All I've been doing is finding myself wanting to doing something, anything that keeps me away from the utterly horrid character models.

Yes, you can revert to the originals but that isn't the point. We were being provided new models to use, not to discard and go back to the originals. This makes me sad in the way the developers think this is going to fly. Granted, they probably just threw the stuff in there and let it be with the notion they would go back and revisit the models.

But we deserved better than this crap. This is supposed to be a good day where people jump into the game and wrap things up the next 4 weeks until WoD goes live. But all I feel is sadness and just want to stay away from the game.

Sad, sad, sad turn of events.
I've never seen a single post on these forums reach such a high volume of likes and responses that fast, Makki. Hopefully your post will receive recognition by at least SOMEONE higher up, like they should have been in the other pre-patch forum section(s).
The female Human, Draenei and NElf are genuinely terrifying to me. They have bug-eyes that pierce into your soul. Their lips either look like they're on some serious happy pills or they have permanent, pardon my French, "!@#$% face." The hair is oddly flat and dull considering; all in all, it's pretty lackluster how much they haven't changed in concept from Artcraft preview to ... THIS.
Femnelves run like drunken toddlers. It's funny for about 10 minutes, then it's just annoying.
Heads are too far forward when running, sitting.

Stupid expressions when dancing, this for spacegoats and femnelves as that's all I have on Alliance.

Almost forgot: Need darker skin tones. ty for reading. ;)
I don't really have anything new to add, but I do want to ditto the OP summary comments re: Gnome Males. I think they're completely accurate to how I think/feel about the new Gnome models and animations.

All of the faces remind me of a scary clown in some form: psychotic angry, super wrinkly, creepy smile, and/or slackjawed.

The hair looks like an awkward glued on piece. Having the 2D coloration on the scalp just enhances the "glue" effect. Because of the new hairlines, none of the hairstyles look good except the Mohawk (which is passable).

Watching the running animation makes me really uncomfortable. The arms go out to the sides instead of forward; it was a really jarring "first glimpse" and looks very, very strange. If they want to have the arms go outward when Gnomes run, they should circle the way actual runners would move their arms (if they had poor form), rather than just have them go out to the side before moving forward.
10/14/2014 09:54 PMPosted by Makki
Holy....wow, didn't expect that, we reached the post limit on that thread. Guess I gotta make another one to keep us going strong.

It's good to see people commenting (as long as they aren't being jerks) but the threads wouldn't fill up so fast if the same few people didn't keep chiming in. Try to let other players simply have their say without having to counter or interpret so many of their posts. Otherwise it starts to seem like an echo chamber with the thread's "main" posters jumping in to make sure any newcomers stay in line.

You'll have plenty of support. There's no need to try to force things or to micromanage.
10/14/2014 10:13 PMPosted by Strike
I've never seen a single post on these forums reach such a high volume of likes and responses that fast, Makki. Hopefully your post will receive recognition by at least SOMEONE higher up, like they should have been in the other pre-patch forum section(s).

Neither have I, I was certainly surprised, that's for sure, I was expecting a huge outcry with the coming of live, but dang!

Also, here's another nice thread I like, it's asking for your top 3 fav models and bottom 3 models http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14881968136

Gives a chance to give some positive feedback too :D!