6.0.2 Stat Squish & Leveling Concerns

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
I really don't see where this difficulty you guys are talking about, I started leveling a monk since yesterday, and I am currently lvl 42, and I have found it very easy, not sure what you guys are talking about when it comes to increased difficulty.
10/15/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Lore
We have a hotfix in testing that will adjust creature scaling to better account for the stat squish.

To elaborate a bit, this isn't just about the stat squish. That was actually a relatively straightforward process numerically. But we made three separate changes that all affected the pacing and danger level of legacy content throughout the game:
  • The "stat squish" wherein items from level 60 through Mists of Pandaria dungeon gear were changed to use a linear instead of an exponential scale.
  • Doubling player health, enabling us to remove resilience from PvP and also make damage and healing less "spiky" in general.
  • Removing base points from spells to allow for better scaling and tuning across classes - previously a Frostbolt might have done X damage plus Y% of your spell power; now, in 6.0.2, it just does Z% of your spell power.

Any tuning issues that are being seen, particularly in level-up content (especially dungeons), aren't a result of the squish alone but rather the combination of all three changes. We've been following data and feedback closely, and are testing internally the change that Lore mentioned, which should hopefully be deployed within a day or so (it will require server restarts). In the meantime, if there are particular creature abilities that you encounter that seem disproportionately deadly, it's quite helpful to keep pointing those out.
10/15/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Septemus
I really don't see where this difficulty you guys are talking about, I started leveling a monk since yesterday, and I am currently lvl 42, and I have found it very easy, not sure what you guys are talking about when it comes to increased difficulty.
Try a dungeon...
try a dungeon...
Apparently Dungeon Finder becomes available at level 85..
That's a glitch. I can queue for them on my 83.
10/15/2014 12:07 PMPosted by Omnki
Please please please dont over do it. Finally people are being forced to play seriously, stick to your guns!

I don't consider leveling serious content. In no game have I ever considered it serious, and I will never consider it serious (Aside from games where leveling IS the content, I.E. Not WoW. Endgame is the content that's supposed to be hard.). I want a level 90 of every class and am willing to level them. But, if the mobs are just going to 2 shot me and make the experience unpleasant, I'll just not level them.
Yeah, a friend of mine, who is a BRAND NEW player, meaning never played WoW in her life, messaged me last night saying she cant kill anything and is unable to heal herself as well. Now shes frustrated and doesnt understand what happened but she isnt some hardcore WoW leech constantly signed into the forums. lol

She is exactly why leveling shouldnt be punishment. It should be an enjoyable, easy, experience that prepares people for the harder content if they so choose to do.

All this does is encourage more people to buy boosts. Theres nothing fun about it.
Little Liuyang in Arena of Annihilation one shots you.. cant complete it.
I think blizzard should have just moved the beta forums to twitter. perhaps they would have been on this issue sooner.
Yeah was playing on my 72 with a friend last night, dungeons and quests were nearly unplayable due to how little I was able to heal and how little damage I was able to do while questing. Even on level this stuff wasn't this hard.
10/15/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Watcher
10/15/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Lore
We have a hotfix in testing that will adjust creature scaling to better account for the stat squish.

To elaborate a bit, this isn't just about the stat squish. That was actually a relatively straightforward process numerically. But we made three separate changes that all affected the pacing and danger level of legacy content throughout the game:
  • The "stat squish" wherein items from level 60 through Mists of Pandaria dungeon gear were changed to use a linear instead of an exponential scale.
  • Doubling player health, enabling us to remove resilience from PvP and also make damage and healing less "spiky" in general.
  • Removing base points from spells to allow for better scaling and tuning across classes - previously a Frostbolt might have done X damage plus Y% of your spell power; now, in 6.0.2, it just does Z% of your spell power.

Any tuning issues that are being seen, particularly in level-up content (especially dungeons), aren't a result of the squish alone but rather the combination of all three changes. We've been following data and feedback closely, and are testing internally the change that Lore mentioned, which should hopefully be deployed within a day or so (it will require server restarts). In the meantime, if there are particular creature abilities that you encounter that seem disproportionately deadly, it's quite helpful to keep pointing those out.

most dungeons 1-85, strife and peril in the temple of the jade serpent is literally impossible.
Leveling a new balance druid, and because I can heal after almost every fight I have been getting along fine. I hit a road block, however, when trying to kill Isha Gloomaxe for a quest in Thousand needles. She is a 42 elite which you take out with the help of a sentinel that accompanies you for this string of quests. Isha kills the sentinel by the time you get her to 1/4 health, and then proceeds to hit you for ~800 melee and 1600 mortal strikes. It can't be healed through, let alone able to cast any damage spells while spam healing.

I am all for a harder leveling process, but I challenge anyone to do this fight right now with an appropriate level character and tell me this is how it should be.
Thank you Dev team for getting on this and other bugs as fast as possible, despite all the "QQ" a lot of us really appreciate all the work you guys are doing =)
10/15/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Watcher
Doubling player health, enabling us to remove resilience from PvP and also make damage and healing less "spiky" in general.

This never happens.
10/15/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Astronox
Yeah, a friend of mine, who is a BRAND NEW player, meaning never played WoW in her life, messaged me last night saying she cant kill anything and is unable to heal herself as well. Now shes frustrated and doesnt understand what happened but she isnt some hardcore WoW leech constantly signed into the forums. lol

She is exactly why leveling shouldnt be punishment. It should be an enjoyable, easy, experience that prepares people for the harder content if they so choose to do.

All this does is encourage more people to buy boosts. Theres nothing fun about it.

The people that are wanting it hard want it to be hard IN HEIRLOOMS. What your friend is experiencing is the implications of that for players that ARE NOT in heirlooms. It makes leveling absolute hell.