Honor

Arenas
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
I was going to farm multiple honor sets... that was mostly my entire plan for 6.0 until WoD.

I hope the BG fix is not out yet and is going to be like 10x the honor it is now. I mean, come on... we're less than a month to WoD, don't be so stingy...

Pre-xpac patches are usually a lot of fun, you get to rapidly gear out any class/spec you want and try everything out you never had time to do before. Or you get to test out the class changes in decent gear to help decide what you want to play when the expansion launches. This pre-xpac patch is the most disappointing one I've ever seen. I've been playing this game since open beta of vanilla, so yea...
Okay, few updates and some more info:

At level 100, Skirmishes and Battlegrounds will award Strongboxes as the primary reward mechanic. You'll get some Honor from a win, but the contents of the Strongbox will be what you're really interested in. Those are obviously not available at level 90, which is why PvP gearing feels slow right now.

That said, we agree that 18 Honor is too low as a base value for a Skirmish win. We're going to bump that up to 36. That amount will still increase based on how long a match goes, starting at 45 honor past 1 minute and increasing from there. Again, keep in mind that we want shorter matches to give more Honor per time spent, so that players don't feel obligated to drag out Skirmishes for better rewards.

As to why it's not a higher number ("this gear won't matter in a few weeks"), there's a few key points to keep in mind. First off, there's the relationship between Skirmishes and Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds take longer and often have longer queues, which makes them a much larger personal investment to participate in. We want to make sure that extra personal investment feels worthwhile, so we're tuning Skirmish and Battleground rewards so that you earn slightly more Honor per time spent in a Battleground than you would in a Skirmish. If an average Battleground takes 15 minutes, and an average Skirmish only takes 2 or 3, the Battleground should reward significantly more Honor.

Also, keep in mind that there's no weekly cap on Honor gains. It's okay for a rated Arena match to reward 180 Conquest points, because after you get your 10 wins (or reach your catch-up cap), that's it for the week. You might earn Honor a little slower, but you could earn your entire Honor set in just a few days if you really wanted to.

Finally, we don't want to set unrealistic expectations for Warlords and level 100 PvP. We're okay with letting players gear a little bit faster right now in preparation for Warlords, but we don't want you to feel like you've had the rug pulled out from under you once the expansion launches and you start gearing at level 100. We want Skirmishes and Battlegrounds to feel rewarding in the interim period, but we don't want them to be some kind of loot piñata either.
How will the new gearing approach work for old honor items for transmog? If I'm reading correctly come 6.0 it will be rather difficult to farm the required honour (100 skirmish wins for a legacy honor weapon). Any chance of having pvp gear from all legacy expansions cost gold - in a manner similar to the justice point change for old pve gear?
At the rate I'm getting honor post 6.0, it just doesn't really feel worthwhile to gear anything. I'm getting completely stomped wearing full 496 timeless ( + 535 helm ) with 550 weapons.

Maybe it's time to focus on doing some LFR rather than the PvP I actually enjoy =/
getting much better honor from bgs now thanks for the change
Should honestly keep honor gains the same until strongboxes actually come into play.
So you don't want us to gear up alts too quickly but you feel that honor is too slow, so instead of 18 honor a 2s win, we get 36? 10 2s win is only 360 honor points +/- 100 for the quicker/longer wins at 45 honor. So that means, prior to 6.0, 10 2s wins will net us 1800 conquest meaning we can get a piece of gear. 360-450 honor will net us nothing but wasted time...

How does this make any sense? Let us gear up now, this is the time to be doing so. Not during WoD. It is a garbage mentality that we cannot gear up quicker to see the new mechanics and how they work and prepare for WoD...Its pointless to gear up alts this way now, we cant even convert JP to honor to make it quicker.
250 honor per win means I need 9 wins to get 1 2250 piece, is this a joke?
Thanks Lore for the update and a waltkthrough of the team's thought process regarding this issue!

I still have two questions:
1. Any update on whether 3v3 is caught up to the 36 honor as well?
2. Have level 89's and lower been bumped to receive more than 6-8 honor per long win>?

Thanks again!
I'd really like to know about transmogging legacy PVP gear too... Can we get a super squish on legacy prices or convert them to gold? Not even just for mogging but not everyone just plays at 90 (100). Something HAS to be done or its just going to feel very weird and rushed.
So is the hotfix done or not? Can I get a confirm that bgs granting more honor?
I'm pretty satisfied with my 9 honor from a loss.

hbu?

Yea, especially since I lose ~90% of all bgs.
10/16/2014 07:16 PMPosted by Furahgo
Yea, especially since I lose ~90% of all bgs.

Just think, maybe by the time WoD launches you'll have a piece of gear or two.

How exciting!
really was looking forward to the patch to gear my dk and rogue in the month until wod, also had a friend who resubbed to do so but isn't playing now until wod unless they fix the honor. Not going to play to get 1 or 2 pieces before wod.
punished hard for losing lol. 21 honor =(
That said, we agree that 18 Honor is too low as a base value for a Skirmish win. We're going to bump that up to 36. That amount will still increase based on how long a match goes, starting at 45 honor past 1 minute and increasing from there. Again, keep in mind that we want shorter matches to give more Honor per time spent, so that players don't feel obligated to drag out Skirmishes for better rewards.

We want Skirmishes and Battlegrounds to feel rewarding in the interim period, but we don't want them to be some kind of loot piñata either.

Oh, so 36 is fine though? That's 750 skirmish WINS for full prideful. At 2-3min a skirmish, and presuming a GENEROUS 50% win rate, you're talking 1600+ skirmishes. You think a 100 hour investment for a full set of essentially legacy gear is APPROPRIATELY TUNED?

Are you nuts?
Sorry but im not going to play 10+ games with mixed loss and wins just to MAYBE get 1 piece of gear, why not just keep the honor gain amount as it was before 6.0 so we can gear up before WoD?
I don't see blizzards logic behind the honor gain nerf.

0/10 wouldnt pvp again.
Its sad they are being so stingy with a couple weeks left in the expansion.

Lets say I want a pair of boots doing skirmishes:

1750/36 = 48.6

I need 49 wins, so if I am lucky enough to have a 50% win rate, I need about 100 GAMES to get a single piece of gear. Am I missing something here??