Cobra Shot and Steady Shot

Hunter
So people are saying that Survival Hunters should be using Cobra Shot over Steady Shot.
Can anybody tell me why, though?

From what I can tell, Steady Shot does the exact same thing as Cobra Shot, except it does a little bit more damage.

Both of them have a 40 yard range.
Both of them have a 1.81 second cast time.
Both of them are usable while moving.
Both of them generate 14 Focus.
But Steady Shot says it would do 489 Physical damage while Cobra Shot would do 464 Nature damage.

Does the difference between Physical damage and Nature damage make that much of a difference for Survival Hunters?
For one, survival hunters lose steady shot when they get cobra shot. Two, magic damage is not mitigated by armor. Three, survival's mastery increases magical damage.
Physical damage is mitigated by the targets armor, when it us used on a target, it will always be less than what the tooltip says, unless your tooltip is borked and is leaving something out.
10/15/2014 08:08 PMPosted by Yancham
But Steady Shot says it would do 489 Physical damage while Cobra Shot would do 464 Nature damage.

Does the difference between Physical damage and Nature damage make that much of a difference for Survival Hunters?

Physical damage is mitigated by armor, everyone has it even mobs.
Nature damage gets increased by SVs mastery.
Always use Cobra Shot as SV once you learn it.
10/15/2014 08:15 PMPosted by Sorcies
10/15/2014 08:08 PMPosted by Yancham

Physical damage is mitigated by armor, everyone has it even mobs.
Nature damage gets increased by SVs mastery.
Always use Cobra Shot as SV once you learn it.
...they said, as if you get a choice about your focus builder before 100. =p
Well, the tooltip for Cobra Shot didn't mention that it replaced Steady Shot :p
Otherwise I wouldn't even have to ask.
I mean, I would have been using Cobra Shot anyway, but I was just wondering why it was better, since everywhere I looked people seemed to universally agree it was better, but they didn't say why exactly.
Since 6.0 went live, Surv gets Cobra Shot because it does nature damage. BM apparently gets it because it has cobra in the name. Used to be that's how you maintained Serpent Sting if you weren't MM.