Will Kel'thuzad be on our side next?

Story Forum
Just a side note, I believe that Kt's phylactery is Mr. Bigglesworth.
I would love it if he some how got accepted in the forsakens ranks (maybe Sylvanas has some reason to believe that he is her ally) and then they both struggle for power within undercity.
Or, he goes to Dranor to convince his old master, Nerzhul, to come to azeroth and become the Lich King again.
There is a little chance that Ner'zhul is still alive... I know lore contradict this at the moment, but the Orcish voice spoken by Fordragon at the Wrath ending cinematic was really weird... Did they do it for no reason at all? Or was some way to tell us that Bolvar "merged" with Ner'zhul?

If Ner'zhul is still "alive", Kel'thuzad will be there serving him... And when the Legion come, I think we have reasons to fight together... :P
10/16/2014 04:49 PMPosted by Paladandy

So he's like Voldemort's snake.

Bigglesworth is a horcrux!
10/16/2014 02:38 AMPosted by Grugi

One thing I do not understand and maybe someone can clear it up for me. I know the Ner'Zhul lost control of the Forsaken after his powers had waned but shouldn't they have come back after Arthas took the gig?

Here's how it went down, as far as I know:

RoC: The Lich King is extremely powerful. Let's say his power level is 10.

TFT: The Lich King starts losing power, and as he does, so does Arthas. The Forsaken break free when the Lich King's power dips below 9. A fraction of the power was transfused to Arthas when Arthas was very close to Icecrown, but the vast majority of the power was lost forever. Let's say that the Lich King's power level when Arthas reached the Frozen Throne is 5.

End of TFT: The barely recovered Arthas merges with the severely weakened Ner'zhul. The merge might have been enough to raise the Lich King back up to a 6.
10/15/2014 04:27 AMPosted by Denona
KT was never controlled by the Lich King. Why would Ner'zul (then Arthas) keep control on something that willingly left everything behind to be the doorman for the scourge into Lorderaon. (To the point where Arthas even called KT a friend, not servent or slave. Friend)

That been said, I doubt KT will serve Bolver, who seeks to undo what Ner'zul and Arthas tried to do.
\

Go look up the original Naxxramas trailer. I believe there's a short story detailing it as well. He went to Northrend willingly, but by the time he met the Lich King he lost his free will. There was no turning back.

That didn't stop him from embracing it though.
10/18/2014 08:40 AMPosted by Draile
I believe there's a short story detailing it as well. He went to Northrend willingly, but by the time he met the Lich King he lost his free will. There was no turning back.

He didn't lose his free will as in becoming a mindless minion of the scourge. He saw what was to gain, but was horrified at first, but was kinda 'forced' to join. After that, he served willingly, even if he was to die to his future friend and master.
I'd rather he just stay in Hell, being tortured by all the people who suffered because of him.
10/15/2014 09:18 AMPosted by Maethil
10/14/2014 10:44 PMPosted by Amathyst
Or did I get it wrong and KT is dead?

Considering one of the people behind lore said that Kel'thuzad has survived two masters by this point, he's 'alive' in as much as an undead creature can be. We might not necessarily see him again unless Blizzard decides they want to put him to use again, but still.

You sure they didn't mean the Dreadlords and pre-arthas Nerzhul?
10/20/2014 12:05 PMPosted by Dantels
You sure they didn't mean the Dreadlords and pre-arthas Nerzhul?

https://twitter.com/Gromweld/status/175423443171426304

The post is by Nyorloth, who was a community manager for this forum and was part of Ask CDev. This is the closest to the official word that we have. That said, considering his Phylactery was absent during KT's second death, it can be inferred it brought him back like it did the first time anyway.
10/16/2014 02:38 AMPosted by Grugi
One thing I do not understand and maybe someone can clear it up for me. I know the Ner'Zhul lost control of the Forsaken after his powers had waned but shouldn't they have come back after Arthas took the gig?

The forsaken or any undead who break free need to be individually broken again so you can force your will to supplant their own. This is why the Forsaken and the Ebon Blade stayed free for so long.

But if I kill him, I'd need to train up a new battle pet for the burst strategy on legendary pet opponents. D:

That crafty lich.
As an aliance fanboy, I think he will side with the horde since they have the forsaken.
10/20/2014 04:49 PMPosted by Sarm

But if I kill him, I'd need to train up a new battle pet for the burst strategy on legendary pet opponents. D:

That crafty lich.

I mean, he can solo the emerald dragon in the celestial tournament!
maybe he can help make a necromancer class for us =p
I know, I know we got DKs and Warlocks, I can still hope
If Kel Thuzad gets brought back, it's going to be as an enemy not as a friend.
Kel'thuzad is still very much around he is rebuilding the cult of the damned as its own force since the scourge are being controlled by bolvar also he may be planning some on draenor sending necromancers to get atieshfrom khadgar since he failed to recreate in old naxxramas