New Models - This is what we wanted...

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
http://imgur.com/Nye1rjN

Blizz, look at that edited human female face. That is what most of us wanted all along.

Could you perhaps do something like that?
One of the best edits
A thousand times yes.
I definitely agree with this. I have no idea what they were thinking, because the new models don't look anything like the old ones. My night elf has this stupid looking grin on her face for some odd reason. It's really annoying. I just wish they would have gotten characters to look more like the originals.

-EDarkness
Human and Nelf females should qualify for free racial changes. No matter what they do, they all look terrible. It's okay to have one model look like that but the poor inbreds have no variation. The humans have been eating prunes and the night elves all have chiseled rather than soft features. The female dwarves, which we need more of but won't get them now, all look like they have down syndrome. If you like what you look like now, sorry but put a helmet on.

...and to think there were people who kiss up to Blizzard saying "Stop qq'ing. Don't worry, they'll fix things before it goes live."
Art is subjective.
100% support this thread.
Seriously, the hair and face look so much better in the edit, I don't get how/why Blizz made the choice they did to gives us this lack-luster end result.
10/14/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Solaru
Art is subjective.

Art is subjective unless the point of it is to copy something existing and replicate it as closely as possible. Then art becomes "this looks nothing like that". It's why spot the differences exist.
The person that made this please chime up. Blizzard should hire you, or at the very least cut you a check.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14881218044

Come join us, we have some of those very points lined out in the first post for Human females!
10/14/2014 06:38 PMPosted by Tailari
Art is subjective unless the point of it is to copy something existing and replicate it as closely as possible. Then art becomes "this looks nothing like that". It's why spot the differences exist.
That is not what the image in the OP is. It is 2 different art styles. One, more in line with WoW's "cartoony" style and the other more realistic. Again...subjective as to what is "better"
10/14/2014 06:38 PMPosted by Tailari
10/14/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Solaru
Art is subjective.

If they wanted to replicate it as closely as possible, then why did we ask them to revisit the models in the first place? And, if your point stands, then why do some people like the new models?
Sheesh, that live model looks like she just got pinched where she sits.
There's a certain degree of "Copy" but also update. You're never going to fully capture the look of the old models, because the old models were made in 2002-2003 with mid-spec hardware of that era in mind. That edit looks terrible, it looks like a freaking Barbie doll. A botox infused nightmare that some kid would mod into Skyrim and call it "Realistic".

Although that could be because it's a still image. I was skittish on the Human Female models as well until I saw them motion. The faces they make in particular are so unbelievably adorable that I've been playing my Alt-Human since the patch dropped.

You're never going to keep the spirit of the faces. The faces were just textures painted over a solid model. The faces were going to be the ones that changed the most. You want the biggest example of this? Compare the Tauren Female before WoD (long heralded as the worst character model ever) and the Tauren Female now. It has the spirit (IE Same animation styles).

The spirit means they move and carry the same air about them. Not that the faces match up to a low-fidelity model that was made on budget and tech constraints.
10/14/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Rockylock
Human and Nelf females should qualify for free racial changes. No matter what they do, they all look terrible.

THis is your opinion, i love the new human and ne female models.I'm making a night elf female mage right now cuz i like it.
What most people wanted was an HD version of the old models with more details and more polygons. Not something completely different, which is what most of us got. My toon on live is unrecognizable from my forum portrait.
A lot of the new models look brain dead. :-/ Look at the silly smirks on the undead females.. omg stupid!
your edit was what i expected and wanted....instead my human female looks like someones mom stumbled into the game, got lost and is very upset about it....my night elf female looks like she was carved from a block of plastic...Love the game, have great respect for the work Blizz puts in but this....this was a mistake