So, Mr. Robinson...

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
In an Artcraft released 01/23/2014, you had the following to say:

We'll feel like we've succeeded if you see the updated version of your character and it still feels like you’re looking at the character you’ve been playing for the past however many years—only someone has finally focused a lens.

Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12426480

Those words are so lofty and promising, I was so excited when I read that! Now please look at this:

http://i.imgur.com/6Bwgj6n.jpg
Image Credit: Honeymoon of Suramar
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14928002721#9

Look at this too, please:

http://i.imgur.com/1Flh30M.jpg
^^She's my main, poor toon.

NOW after reflecting on your words and seeing the images I have linked can you, Mr. Robinson, come out and say to this community something along the lines of, "I am proud of this work and I have succeeded just as I aimed to do in that January Artcraft"? Something tells me no.
i can't understand why all the faces' eyebrows are so raised... and the eyes are huge...
help! i cant handle change!
10/19/2014 05:38 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx

The point was that they WOULDN'T change.
10/19/2014 05:34 PMPosted by Own
i can't understand why all the faces' eyebrows are so raised... and the eyes are huge...
Misunderstanding the feedback during Beta. Same thing happened to the gnome women.
10/19/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Keathil
10/19/2014 05:38 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx

Exactly. You people just wanted more of the same. They gave us new, improved models and you all throw a tantrum because your eyebrows look different or something.

You should be thankful you even have the option to turn them off (and I suggest you do so, to save everyone the headache)
Yeah they tried.. but, in his words, they did not suceed. No. Only some models look like hd upgrades, not all. The ones who don't are left behind and stuck with no options other then stick to old models.
10/19/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx
10/19/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Keathil

Exactly. You people just wanted more of the same. They gave us new, improved models and you all throw a tantrum because your eyebrows look different or something.

You should be thankful you even have the option to turn them off (and I suggest you do so, to save everyone the headache)

Can you not read the blog? If its not what they planned to do originally we have a right to be annoyed.

Also

“Everyone is pretty familiar with the Human character models in WoW, but working on these updates gives us a chance to embellish and fill in the blanks. For the Human female this meant we could give her more muscle definition and personality in the face while still staying true to the overall look and spirit of the original. Hopefully this will also help show her as more of the capable fighter that she is.”

They filled in way too many blanks, and the spirit of the original was lost in the process.
Went Dwarf until they fix this... http://i.imgur.com/KeqAqTd.png
Opinions. They can differ from yours.
http://i.imgur.com/omwwjDA.jpg

Mine. *cries*

10/19/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx
Exactly. You people just wanted more of the same. They gave us new, improved models and you all throw a tantrum because your eyebrows look different or something

You must need glasses if you cannot recognize patterns or something. I honestly would be okay if I there was a new face close to my old. My paly human has green eyes, snub nose, and almond-shaped eyes widely spaced. I expected to see that same face in better quality.

Instead we got a generic face with different makeup and frozen expressions. If you cannot see that they are all exactly the same, you have a brain-sysnapse issue somewhere. Has nothing to do with subjective art appreciation and everything to do with obvious fact.

I did not in any way say I did not 'like' the new face by thinking it ugly or pretty or something like that. I am pointing out the factual issues with them. They are exactly the same faces. That is not quality work.

10/19/2014 05:53 PMPosted by Tailari
Went Dwarf until they fix this... http://i.imgur.com/KeqAqTd.png

I love the males dwarves! I am sad the very blond hair went away. Now it's more a light brown with a bit of gold. :( I did notice the dwarven eyes are the same though, however that is disguised more with the various wrinkles.
If you don't like the new models then use the terrible looking muppet models....
10/19/2014 05:51 PMPosted by Dela

Can you not read the blog? If its not what they planned to do originally we have a right to be annoyed.

Also

“Everyone is pretty familiar with the Human character models in WoW, but working on these updates gives us a chance to embellish and fill in the blanks. For the Human female this meant we could give her more muscle definition and personality in the face while still staying true to the overall look and spirit of the original. Hopefully this will also help show her as more of the capable fighter that she is.”

They filled in way too many blanks, and the spirit of the original was lost in the process.

According to that quote, it is EXACTLY what they planned to do originally. They filled in blanks, your opinion on how many blanks were necessary is irrelevant. The new models are objectively better.
10/19/2014 05:54 PMPosted by Azivalla
Opinions. They can differ from yours.

They absolutely can. But giving the unhappy people what they were promised doesn't mean that they have to take away the changes they gave to you at the same time.
and once again some random baddie from moonguard is complaining about character models.
Art is...
A) Pancakes
B) Waffles
C)Crumpets
D) Subjective
E) All of the Above
10/19/2014 05:54 PMPosted by Shiwu
If you don't like the new models then use the terrible looking muppet models....

I'm sorry but honestly, I'm REALLY getting tired of everyone saying this
"Oh you don't like the new models that have many flaws in them, and don't truly represent, and reflect how our old models looked? OK. Use the old models!"

No.

No.

That's not an answer. The new models should reflect how our models used to look, not how they look now.
10/19/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Leafstar
That's not an answer. The new models should reflect how our models used to look, not how they look now.

it is an answer, quit complaining or quit the game.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, I didn't want anything, personally. The blog said that they would remain the same but be upped in quality. Instead, a lot of the races, particularly humans, look completely different than how they were for years. Had Blizzard said they were going to change stuff and been all "tough luck" if we didn't like it, fine, that would be one thing, but that's not what happened.

Also, turning them off wasn't put in place solely for those that don't like them. It was put in place for people that could not handle the new models if they used old computers. Yeah those that don't like them now have the option, but that was never the intention.

And, we definitely should not feel "lucky" because the option exists now that we see that some of the models and animations are pure crap and in no way capture the essence of what some of our characters looked like previously when that's what they said they were going to do in the first place.

10/19/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Solaru
Art is...
A) Pancakes
B) Waffles
C)Crumpets
D) Subjective
E) All of the Above

Art may be subjective, but some models not looking even remotely the same certainly is not.
10/19/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Leafstar
10/19/2014 05:54 PMPosted by Shiwu

I'm sorry but honestly, I'm REALLY getting tired of everyone saying this
"Oh you don't like the new models that have many flaws in them, and don't truly represent, and reflect how our old models looked? OK. Use the old models!"

No.

No.

Rofl, it IS an answer. It's an answer you just don't want to hear. You opened your Christmas presents, got mad at the gift, then threw it at your parents and demanded they go back to Toys R Us and get you a new one.

Or, you know, you could just stop being a spoiled brat and deal with it